• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
+1 white would be interesting

Yeah they are very close to gen.
i was thinking about getting v3 but I didn’t like the fact that in certain lighting it looks so muddy almost gray.
AP seem to be changing those colors almost every year now.
Remember the one with white date wheel? Then they went back to blue DW. It’s crazy how many changes they do to those 15400 butique editions.

I wish they were more consistent and didn’t make so many changes. Also I don’t like the fact they are trying to be trendy with all those colors of divers and other ROO. If they continue they may ruin the brand - too many special editions. At that point people don’t care about that because there is nothing special about over saturating market. There are just too many of them.

Heres my v2

Look how vibrant your V2 looks in comparison to the V3. I wanted to get the V3 too but i think i wait for V4 because the color is really dull in sunlight and thats so annoying because imagine the summer :( here pic of my 15202 Quartz:

17493845_165968983766f2qxt.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: mech500

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
+1 white would be interesting

Look how vibrant your V2 looks in comparison to the V3. I wanted to get the V3 too but i think i wait for V4 because the color is really dull in sunlight and thats so annoying because imagine the summer :( here pic of my 15202 Quartz:

17493845_165968983766f2qxt.jpg

:)

Looks great! I remember one member of this forum sold v2 and bought v2j (It is basically same blue as v3). He mentioned how disappointed he was with v2j shade of blue compared to v2.
I love dark dials but I think v4 15400 white would fit my collection.
ill get that after PF Naitulus blue dial. I’m still hopping v6f pops up all the sudden.

Reactions: mech500

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Now that you guys mention it, v3j blue does looks dull too gray and dull.

The JF crystal doesn’t help. It’s a little too milky compared to gen and that makes the rep dial look even duller/gray’ed out.

I’ve tried x2AR on ROs and it makes the watch look completely different from OEM.

Perhaps Sonil can do a very high quality swiss crystal with single AR?

Gen crystal is super clear! Unreal clarity! But it is not invisible. In fact gen crystal reflects a lot of light and compliments the blingy bracelet.

Reactions: talal

Sonil

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
17/3/15
mech500 Thanks for the mention. Currently have 5 double sided AR crystals in stock for the AP 15400. Definitely the best mod for this watch.

Reactions: azzure and mech500

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Now that you guys mention it, v3j blue does looks dull too gray and dull.

you mean v2j or v3?? There is no such thing as v3j yet.
There were no upgrades to what we call v3.
v2j and v3 blue is the same shade of blue.

yea gen reflect light quite a lot. 2AR is way too clear in comparation to gen.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Btw, I’d love JF to rep Royal Oak Chronograph with non working chrono so they could keep it as thin as gen.
im thinking about classic Royal Oak Chronograph with closed backcase, non of that crazy shit they came out lately.

Reactions: electric

BIONONE

28/4/17
Btw, I’d love JF to rep Royal Oak Chronograph with non working chrono so they could keep it as thin as gen.
im thinking about classic Royal Oak Chronograph with closed backcase, non of that crazy shit they came out lately.

I second that. In order to make it even more gen like - the new in house movement got the crown and pushers in a line and not like on the old DD module chronos off centered.
A nonworking chrono would be gorgeous. Also for the ROO line... To get the DW right.

Maybe there will be something soon as JF is a bit quite lately...

Reactions: talal

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
they could use a microsteeper quartz movement? I have one of the quartz chronos.

BIONONE

28/4/17
they could use a microsteeper quartz movement? I have one of the quartz chronos.

with a ticking second at 6 oh clock? wouldn't be a great compromise... IMHO

If they would do it like on the A2824 Daytona but with a date wheel - that would slim down the case and result in a sec@6 while the date is not sunken... But i could be wrong :D

a ROC with JF build quality would be a freaking instant buy haha

BIONONE

28/4/17
Yeah but non working chrono will be the biggest tell i guess.

never had the experience that some guy came along and said "nice looking watch, can i test the chrono function?" LOL :D :D

But i get your point here. When it comes to function it wouldn't be the best solution... so i guess we need a rep DD module soon haha

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
never had the experience that some guy came along and said "nice looking watch, can i test the chrono function?" LOL :D :D

But i get your point here. When it comes to function it wouldn't be the best solution... so i guess we need a rep DD module soon haha

I had lol most of my friends ask me "Why is that hand not moving?" They have no idea about Chrono and stuff :D

rcom440

10/11/12
USA