• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon (Moonphase) Gen Vs Rep (Note: Pics Heavy!)

reklamezonen

30/7/13
Its a Great watch. So Classic

c9589924fa3b043626a4f556317d5679.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

reklamezonen

30/7/13
No.. day and Night. have to wait for v3 [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

LarryZek

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/3/17
I got the V2 of this an I can say its gorgeous
Love it

Loge2404

Horology Curious
21/8/10
There's a version at puretime with a different moon subdial.
The moon itself seems to be plain, not a crescent.
Question is if it is a real moonphase, or just another day/night. I had a chat with customer service but impossible to be sure about this. I couldn't even get the info about what's on the opposite side of the moon (if it's a real moonphase, should be another moon, if it's a day/night, should be a sun).

(sorry, since I'm new I'm not allowed to post links or images :blush:)

Loge2404

Horology Curious
21/8/10
Ok I've got the answer: there's a video of the watch, and the "moonphase" dial moves with the hands... just like a day/night would.

Btw, there's another one at Trustytime with a moonphase dial which seems to be even closer to the gen, the moon being bigger (sorry i still can't post links or images). Same hint with the video: it's a day/night.

Now, if the manufacturers are smart, they will have made a dial with 2 moons even if it's a day/night, giving a better illusion. That would need to see a full rotation to check, of course...