• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger Le Coultre Reverso Duo face MGF Review

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
New shell Cordovan leather strap for my MGF Reverso today. I had this custom made, but I don’t think they got the stitching right. I asked for contrasting stitching to match the style of the gen Casa Fagliano straps.

What I can say is that high quality shell cordovan leather is beautifully soft and supple. In terms of comfort, the rep strap was 2/10; the Amazon special I replaced the rep with was 5/10; and this is 8/10. (For context I’d say a CF oysterflex rubber bracelet is a 9/10 for comfort).

GE206032880

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
New shell Cordovan leather strap for my MGF Reverso today. I had this custom made, but I don’t think they got the stitching right. I asked for contrasting stitching to match the style of the gen Casa Fagliano straps.

What I can say is that high quality shell cordovan leather is beautifully soft and supple. In terms of comfort, the rep strap was 2/10; the Amazon special I replaced the rep with was 5/10; and this is 8/10. (For context I’d say a CF oysterflex rubber bracelet is a 9/10 for comfort).
The strap looks great. Well done. I am lucky enough to live near a job store and was able to buy the gen fagliano strap and it is hands down the most comfortable watch to wear in my whole collection. Here a pic of the gen vs the stock rep strap. No comparison. Well done with your custom.

Reactions: dogwood and APjumbo

GE206032880

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
The strap looks great. Well done. I am lucky enough to live near a job store and was able to buy the gen fagliano strap and it is hands down the most comfortable watch to wear in my whole collection. Here a pic of the gen vs the stock rep strap. No comparison. Well done with your custom.
Should have read “JLC “ store.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Very nice... yeah, I asked the strap maker to go for the Casa Fagliano look. Unfortunately the deployment clasp that came with my rep is of terrible quality. First the pins that secured the deployment clasp weren't sufficiently peened so I had to replace them both with 1mm friction cap pins (no problem, that's an easy enough thing to do). But then I started to notice that the JL decoration on the base of the clasp was catching on things. I put it under the microscope and saw that it was incredibly poorly soldered into place. There are blobs of solder visible (red arrows), and the hooks on both the J and L are sharp and can catch on clothing. I've ordered a replacement rep deployment clasp from AliExpress (hopefully it's better, but it was pretty cheap). If that fails I'll just get a regular deployment clasp without JLC branding and be done with it. I prefer a deployment system over the pin buckle.