• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger Le Coultre Reverso Duo face MGF Review

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Got it from Trusty.
Maybe not all models available : I always ask the availability before ordering

Reactions: VixLa3

GE206032880

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
I just ordered mine on a Black Friday deal from Ctime. It’s on the way and I’m very excited.

Gents, my reverso finally arrived - and like everyone above had mentioned - the strap is lacking and a total “tell” that it’s a rep. Luckily, I live near a Jaeger Lac

GE206032880

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
Gents, my reverso finally arrived - and like everyone above had mentioned - the strap is lacking and a total “tell” that it’s a rep. Luckily, I live near a Jaeger LaCoultre store close by - so I picked up a gen strap and man what a difference. I liked the actual watch - but with the new strap. I LOVE this watch.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
There are similar handmade straps on ebay or Etsy, if you do not want to go for an expensive gen strap. BTW, how much do they want for such a strap ?

VixLa3

Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
Thanks so much from me too guys! Really valuable info and pics!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Gents, my reverso finally arrived - and like everyone above had mentioned - the strap is lacking and a total “tell” that it’s a rep. Luckily, I live near a Jaeger Lac
How would you describe the strap being the “tell” that it’s a rep? Is the leather stiff? Cracked? Frayed? I have this watch incoming and I’m wondering how if I should replace the strap or try to improve it by conditioning the leather somehow.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
I ordered one and paid in an order with other watches, but the TD told me it was almost impossible to get one... but from what I see you managed to get one, I think I'll try again
Try ask different TDs, the MGF version should be available.

I myself enquired trusty maybe on September, and it was available.

Reactions: VixLa3

VixLa3

Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
Try ask different TDs, the MGF version should be available.

I myself enquired trusty maybe on September, and it was available.

Thanks @Horace_Derwent for the info, I will definitely try other TDs, but for now I have to complete an order that is being divided into three parts... very complicated, but I hope it's worth it :)

GE206032880

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
How would you describe the strap being the “tell” that it’s a rep? Is the leather stiff? Cracked? Frayed? I have this watch incoming and I’m wondering how if I should replace the strap or try to improve it by conditioning the leather somehow.
For me -excuse p it is the very different color between the
Due to the fact that my written description will be poor. Here’s a pic of what came from Ctime and what the gen strap looks like. The rep has a different color from the reinforced leather that extends from the lugs. Where the gen is pretty much one color.

As with everything else on this forum - it comes down to personal preference and I’m sure many would be fine with the stock strap from Ctime. But for me - once I saw the difference from the gen strap - I couldn’t unsee it.

Here’s a comparison - gen is on the right

Reactions: dogwood

GE206032880

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
For me -excuse p it is the very different color between the

Due to the fact that my written description will be poor. Here’s a pic of what came from Ctime and what the gen strap looks like. The rep has a different color from the reinforced leather that extends from the lugs. Where the gen is pretty much one color.

As with everything else on this forum - it comes down to personal preference and I’m sure many would be fine with the stock strap from Ctime. But for me - once I saw the difference from the gen strap - I couldn’t unsee it.

Here’s a comparison - gen is on the right
Apologies, I should have originally said the stock strap was a rep “tell” for me. You can see there is a difference from gen.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Rep straps are trash and made of cat taint. It's the first thing you change on any rep

VixLa3

Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
You are correct - but on this one - I wanted the gen . It’s made in Argentina by hand. I Watched a docu on the company. 275 out the door.

But someone said, perhaps on this forum, that the manufacturing factory does not sell direct spare parts for JLC but only produces for JLC.

I follow this thread very carefully, both because sooner or later I will have an MGF, and my sweet half's Gen Memory has the strap destroyed...

Reactions: Horace_Derwent