• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 AP ROO Grand Prix - Platinum, Forged Carbon & RG

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
Alrighty, ChrisM305 (aka Chris for those who doesn't know that this project is 90% his baby) is ready to do printing on the techy ring.
Here is the plate he just had it made.
32e7170ee2098ad85437829c826d9a4f.jpg

And the AP logo print
4d8b1f6b737a41ebae11e0bc07c259ec.jpg

quelfala

Renowned Member
21/6/13
Alrighty, ChrisM305 (aka Chris for those who doesn't know that this project is 90% his baby) is ready to do printing on the techy ring.
Here is the plate he just had it made.
32e7170ee2098ad85437829c826d9a4f.jpg

And the AP logo print
4d8b1f6b737a41ebae11e0bc07c259ec.jpg

Sweet~~~!

wooky492

21/9/12
Slight adjustment required on the print pad as the words are few mm bigger than gen....
Who said this will end without going back and forth between the factories....

wooky492

21/9/12
Chris just paid for CNC machine, On top of last several heavy machinary he bought in the past 2 month since this project began.

I wonder what he is upto. i'm sure it's related to the GP build. ;-P

(Of course i know what he is doing with it .. i'm just a big teaser lol)

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Chris just paid for CNC machine, On top of last several heavy machinary he bought in the past 2 month since this project began.

I wonder what he is upto. i'm sure it's related to the GP build. ;-P

(Of course i know what he is doing with it .. i'm just a big teaser lol)

So he's doing all these in house?

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
[MENTION=51261]wooky492[/MENTION] Hope he can start offering case milling for franken too after this? [emoji6]

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

wooky492

21/9/12
So he's doing all these in house?
Not all but he will soon ;-) At the moment he is working with people from high tech industry such as Aviation and motorsports (by the way Chris is a former Aviation & motorsports tech himself :-D hence relatively short R&D time from conception to development) to see what's possible and what's not but looks like most parts will be made inhouse by the looks of how the plan is progressing. :-D

Important thing is he is taking the initiative with the development. We bump ideas and find possible solutions and he goes off to borrow experience and tools to test the idea. It's just amazing what Chris can do when given the right tool. [emoji6]

wooky492

21/9/12
[MENTION=51261]wooky492[/MENTION] Hope he can start offering case milling for franken too after this? [emoji6]

*Sent from my fingers using my head*
He could if he becomes SV :-D (pressure to the admin lol)

wooky492

21/9/12
There has been a slight set back and some necessary component is remanufactured at the moment.
But there won't be significant delay to final assembly. Maybe a few days...
Anyhow one major part to be correctly made and if successful, it will be basically the assembly time! :-D

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Very exciting thread to watch as a lurker. Keep it coming Chris and Wooky.

wooky492

21/9/12
Thanks @slaughterer62 and @watchman12345,

The minor set back is because Chris is OCD. lol

He finds that the 'AUDEMARS PIGUET' logo font is not perfect gen size. (looking at the plate i posted on previous page). Individual letter spacing and font size.

Made another plate but again, not satisfactory.

Doing it again. Hopefully it will be perfect this time.

You gotta give the man some credit for being such a mad OCD LOL ;-D

wooky492

21/9/12
By the way, the techy ring is off to get anodised , so will post photo when the sample arrives.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
OCD is great in a modder, but you have to have patience on the other side. Great that you are anodising rather than lacquering. The tap dial pattern will be a lot crisper. I was going to outsource the pad print for the logo, but on the test run the lettering was too thick, so it ended up a dead project. I ended up using Mike's water-slides instead.

wooky492

21/9/12
OCD is great in a modder, but you have to have patience on the other side. Great that you are anodising rather than lacquering. The tap dial pattern will be a lot crisper. I was going to outsource the pad print for the logo, but on the test run the lettering was too thick, so it ended up a dead project. I ended up using Mike's water-slides instead.
Thanks J,
We'll keep trying with pad print until we get it right. The print already fits nicely on the logo placement on the dial but Chris is adamant that he will try it until he gets it perfect.
;-)

ChrisM305

Supporting Vendor
16/4/15
Yes patience is definitely key guys this is alot of trial and error testing but in my mind not much is impossible just must be patience and all things will be good in the end I definitely have not invested this much time a to do things half hearted this project was started bye us because of our passion for watches first and then for the love of GP and GP deserves more respect than what the factories have left us with so all i can say is ai promise that we will not stop till we have accomplished this goal i have water slide decals as well but as I just mentioned GP deserves better that to use decals pad printer is how it is supposed to be done so we will do it this way [emoji16]

Sent from the farthest south in conus [emoji16]

ChrisM305

Supporting Vendor
16/4/15
Thanks @slaughterer62 and @watchman12345,

The minor set back is because Chris is OCD. lol

He finds that the 'AUDEMARS PIGUET' logo font is not perfect gen size. (looking at the plate i posted on previous page). Individual letter spacing and font size.

Made another plate but again, not satisfactory.

Doing it again. Hopefully it will be perfect this time.

You gotta give the man some credit for being such a mad OCD LOL ;-D

Jaja you are just as OCD as me my brother it is why this will be such a nice watch in the end [emoji5]?

wooky492

21/9/12
Yes patience is definitely key guys this is alot of trial and error testing but in my mind not much is impossible just must be patience and all things will be good in the end I definitely have not invested this much time a to do things half hearted this project was started bye us because of our passion for watches first and then for the love of GP and GP deserves more respect than what the factories have left us with so all i can say is ai promise that we will not stop till we have accomplished this goal i have water slide decals as well but as I just mentioned GP deserves better that to use decals pad printer is how it is supposed to be done so we will do it this way [emoji16]

Amen brother! [emoji106] [emoji6]

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
This thread has sold me on the FC GP [emoji1], I've been trying to get an FC Diver for the longest time but something always goes wrong, I think this must have been the reason. Fate would have me wait for this [emoji4]

Just out of curiosity, provided all goes well, will these be sold as complete watches or will we send in our JF GP's to have them modded? Or are you planning to sell the individual parts?

I'm so excited for this it is disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk