• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 15400 - Edit: Now Available

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Anyone ordered custom straps for these already?
I don't know wether to go with Vic or Jacob for my rose gold JF (black dial).

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Tony: I will try to answer your question as a staff working in a Gen watch distributor . The 9015 movement used in this rep winds in one direction, I can't remember if it's clockwise or anticlockwise. Movements with such designs tend to spin freely in the direction that does not engage the winding gear and spin with some resistance in the direction of that engages the winding gear. Due to the rotor's ability to turn freely in one direction, Any hand movement will cause the rotor to swing drastically hence the sound that many complain about. You can oil the rotor, but that will not help much.

The solution is to get a movement which winds in both direction such as eta 2824, 2836, Rolex calibres(dead quiet) or any of those eta clones. Due to the rotor being constantly engage in either direction, the rotor does not spin as freely and will cause less noise. Also, winding efficiency is higher on such movements.

Lastly, it will be good to Google miyota 9015 noisy rotor or even how movement works and do some reading as Hub have suggested.

Moebius D5 oil does a good job of quietening it down.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Anyone ordered custom straps for these already?
I don't know wether to go with Vic or Jacob for my rose gold JF (black dial).

I have contacted Vic regarding this. His straps for the JF is still in R&D and should be ready sometime this month.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I have contacted Vic regarding this. His straps for the JF is still in R&D and should be ready sometime this month.

Ah great news, thanks for letting us know.
Will he need the rep strap to be sent to him or he is making his own inserts like he has done for the ROOs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Ah great news, thanks for letting us know.
Will he need the rep strap to be sent to him or he is making his own inserts like he has done for the ROOs?

I beleieve he is making his own inserts.

Drew01

3/7/12
Just received mine and I can say that I'm pretty blown away by the quality.... I tried a Gen, and honestly, the overall quality is spot on.
I was wondering also, do you guys all went to a watch smith to fix the bracelet size? It's way too big, and I'm afraid of ******* up the screws by trying by myself.

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Just received mine and I can say that I'm pretty blown away by the quality.... I tried a Gen, and honestly, the overall quality is spot on.
I was wondering also, do you guys all went to a watch smith to fix the bracelet size? It's way too big, and I'm afraid of ******* up the screws by trying by myself.
Buy a can of WD, spray on the bracelet screws, try to unscrew after 1 hour. Repeat until screws come out. After that, baby oil bath the entire bracelet if you want it to be smoother. Not something that requires a watch smith. Search on this forum if you need more details. Remember to tighten all screws after that before wearing, including those on the case back (not bezel screws). Cheers.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12

I received mine too, I am at the office so haven't had time to properly look at it but it seems that the overall quality is great.

Only minus is that once again I find the JF Rose Gold way too pink, I have handled the gen and it looks/feels a lot less "copperish" than the rep.

walkingcloud

Renowned Member
10/7/12
What screw driver do you guys use to tighten the case back? I don't want to scratch/mess up the screws!

walkingcloud

Renowned Member
10/7/12
oO5OfqE.jpg

newest acquisition!

easfarmers

20/11/15
You need to find the screwdriver that fits the entire length of the screw head. I used a smaller screw driver and busted one screw. Apparently the screw seems really soft as if it's white gold or something

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
this is the new JF 15450
Take a look on the dial compared to the 15400,clearly that the squares are bigger than on the jf 15400
do you guys think they updated the tapisserie size on the 15400 also?

royal-oak-41mm-15400-jf-1-1-best-edition-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a3120.jpg

royal-oak-37mm-15450-ss-jf-1-1-best-edition-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a3120.jpg

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
They do look bigger guess the new batches are improved!, Finally received my QC pictures today unfortunately they got the wrong watch I ordered the RG and they sent pictures of a steel one, rejected hope there is no more delays and I get the updated version!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
If they've updated the dial I'm all over this like a stink on shit!

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
Upon review the pictures above are 2 different models you are looking at a 15450, see the missing 3 hr marker

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
Sorry got too exited and didn't read all the way through!