• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 15400 - Edit: Now Available

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
I'd be interested to know if anybody has pulled the trigger on the white dial version with brown strap? I think the strap gives the watch a real classy look, even if it is theoretically a fantasy model (I think - pretty sure its only the RG gen versions that come with a brown strap).

Think i'm going to go for this and I'm hoping that the leather strap will hug my small wrists a little better round the lugs than the steel bracelet

My TD initially sent me the wrong QC pics of a black dial on a strap, I posted them here but I'm not sure which page it's in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
My watch have been stuck in customs for quite a while now. I'm worried it might get seized.

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
Same here, it's at the Cincinnati hub since 9:01 am and nothing, If it gets delivered today I can have it here Friday if not I'll have to wait til December

Kmmas

7/4/15
Just placed my order, in blue dial yipeee.... Thanks hub6152... You reviews and pictures have been a great help and facilitator in this purchase...can't wait to receive it

Yeah the rotor should really be brushed but it's a minor detail. I'm not going attempt to brush it as I know what will happen!!

I've been wearing it all day and every time I glance at it to check the time (every 2 minutes) that blue does look good and certainly no regrets about getting it.

Kmmas

7/4/15
Btw where does one get a rep watch serviced from? Before you saw watchmaker... Where does one find these watchmakers? Any clue where in central London, UK I could find one? Or maybe in Dubai even?

also I've read around the forum people saying they get their rep serviced as soon as they receive it. Is this something recommended?

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
Has anyone here received a JF 15400 with screws that were no problem to remove? I'm asking since I have no clue on how to proceed if my watch have the same issue. If anyone could link me some kind of guide or something like that it would be greatly appreciated.

asdfpenguin

8/9/14
Has anyone here received a JF 15400 with screws that were no problem to remove? I'm asking since I have no clue on how to proceed if my watch have the same issue. If anyone could link me some kind of guide or something like that it would be greatly appreciated.

Try to remove the bracelet from the case and soak it in baby oil or chain lube for a while. That should help loosen the link screws and make them easier to remove.

Audiobang

Horology Curious
3/11/15
Strange why is it I cannot reply to a thread I started ? There is no "Quick reply" function available and "Reply with quote" is not usable for me too. But I can reply to any threads other than the one I started.
Question, any idea when would JF 15400 version 2 coming out ?

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
Try to remove the bracelet from the case and soak it in baby oil or chain lube for a while. That should help loosen the link screws and make them easier to remove.

Thanks for the response. Sounds easy enough. So letting it soak in baby oil over night would do it? Or is that too long/not long enough? Should the oil be removed afterward in a specific way or would a paper towel suffice?

watch-geek

24/5/15
His and Hers arrived today...

cScAC_zpsh66tggzq.jpeg

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
Question, any idea when would JF 15400 version 2 coming out ?
This have been asked several times in this thread lately. Nobody could know exactly, but from what I've understood people waited more than a year for this version and expect no less for the next one.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Good idea! Never thought of it. Will have to get the wifey to play along...

You'll get her to it! Maybe she'll find love to watches as we have too. You can then have all nighters spending on RWI! :thumbsup:

I'm waiting for the wristshot, don't disappoint me! [emoji16]

asdfpenguin

8/9/14
Thanks for the response. Sounds easy enough. So letting it soak in baby oil over night would do it? Or is that too long/not long enough? Should the oil be removed afterward in a specific way or would a paper towel suffice?

Overnight would work, or even just half an hour to an hour should butter up the screws enough for easier removal. Just rinse the bracelet under warm water and a little soap and you'll have a silky smooth bracelet.

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15

From my 2 day experience with the watch I can tell you that it's not the screws that are problematic, it's the links. I separated some of the links and tried to put in the screws and it just wouldn't go in, I don't even know how the factory managed to get them in

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
From my 2 day experience with the watch I can tell you that it's not the screws that are problematic, it's the links. I separated some of the links and tried to put in the screws and it just wouldn't go in, I don't even know how the factory managed to get them in

It's both. The tolerance in the link is very fine, and the screws are roughly machined. It's "sticky" combination!!