• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC will not arrive...

Captain Zenith

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/10
Hi,

I ordered a IWC3717 from Hont in September this year. Shipping by airmail.

Payment was on the 28th of September.
Hont shipped on the 4th of October.
Got tracking Number on the 8th of October.
The IWC left Hongkong at the 26th of October.

No IWC in Germany until now.

I am still waiting... (Maybe the custom confiscated the IWC)

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Well it is quite a long wait but you never know with Airmail and German customs.....eeeeh. But I doubt it has been seized by customs otherwise you should get a letter from them saying that they have seized and item of yours (well at least they send letters in the UK, don't know how it works in Germany). I'd wait a couple of more days and then contact Hont about this. Hope it works out for ya

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Sounds like it was delayed by Hong Kong post. If Hont gave you tracking on the 8th but it didn't leave HK until the 26th, then it is not lost or seized.
It has only been a week since it left HK, so be patient.

coop

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
Sounds like it was delayed by Hong Kong post. If Hont gave you tracking on the 8th but it didn't leave HK until the 26th, then it is not lost or seized.
It has only been a week since it left HK, so be patient.

I agree. But I have to wonder what the hold up in HK was all about.

Captain Zenith

26/5/10
On the 5th November the IWC was at the local custom. I picked it up and had to Pay the German taxes (about 42€) declaring it was a mechanical Watch! Nobody Wants to See the Watch.

So far so good.

I will Be back with some Pictures. ...

Captain Zenith

26/5/10

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Nice watch, captain. Nice to see you got your watch in the end.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
On the 5th November the IWC was at the local custom. I picked it up and had to Pay the German taxes (about 42€) declaring it was a mechanical Watch! Nobody Wants to See the Watch.

So far so good.

I will Be back with some Pictures. ...

I so love customs :D

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I so love customs :D

Wiz, It´s a small wonder that he got his watch. Normally in germany they open up and have a look and then....

Uhren_Vernichtung.jpg

so he´s good off with paying a customs fee.

Captain Zenith

26/5/10
The Fräulein from the customs has obviesly no time to look, because she has to type the bill!
;-)

Wiz, It´s a small wonder that he got his watch. Normally in germany they open up and have a look and then....

so he´s good off with paying a customs fee.

Do You have a tip for hont sending his watches to germany.

E.g. Watcheden is sending the watch hidden in a toy, maybe as a gift.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
DO NOT HIDE! This will get you into a lot of trouble, if they find it out. Remember, Frankfurt xrays a lot - even more so since the UPS incident.

Also I find it dangerous to discuss these things openly. Customs is not stupid and usually our dealers are very clever. Most of them (not T4D) guarantee delivery, so trust them.

Who has the best sub:
THIS IS NOT MY QUESTION BUT I CAN'T DELETE IT!
Solution is easy: Upgrade to VIP :D

@Captain Zenith: Re pictures: Wenn du Bilder einbettest, nicht die Thumbnails, sondern den "direct link". Achte auf die maximale Auflösung von 800x600, sonst gibt's Stress...

Captain Zenith

26/5/10
Nun, die Uhr zeigt drei Probleme:

Der Minutenzeiger ist dunkler als der Stundenzeiger, offenbar wurde hier mit Leuchtmasse gespart.

Das Armband läßt sich zwar relativ leicht verkürzen, leider blieb die Stift-Verriegelung ausgerechnet am nicht tauschbaren letzten Glied zur Schließe hängen, so daß der Haltestift nun nicht mehr arretiert werden kann.

Die Stegbohrungen am Gehäuse sind etwas zu weit entfernt vom Gehäuse, so daß der massive Bandanstoß bei 12 Uhr schon einmal nach oben geklappt ist.

Hont hat angeboten, die Uhr komplett zu tauschen.
Ich habe aber keine Lust erneut Einfuhrumsatzsteuer/Zoll zu bezahlen und mir beim Zoll vor Angst fast in die Hosen zu machen...

Vielleicht sendet mit Hont nur die Zeiger und ein neues Band? Da warte ich noch auf Antwort.

Uups, now in English:

Now, the clock shows three problems:

The minute-hand is more darkly than the hour-hand, luminous-mass was obviously saved here.

The bracelet lets itself shorten relatively easily, unfortunately remained the pin bolting device, so that the locking pin cannot be locked now any longer.

The bar drillings at the case are somewhat too far away from the case, so that the substantial volume impact is already once upward folded with 12 o'clock.

Hont offered to exchange the IWC completely.
But I don't want to pay again Taxes...
Perhaps Hont sent me new hands and new bracelet. There I still wait for answer.

Captain Zenith

26/5/10
Hi,

I decided to sent back the watch to hont to replace.

Shipped on 12/23/10.

The watch is now in Guangzhou city, but Hont is not able to pick up the watch.

He seems to be vanished without a trace. My Emails are unanswered.

What should I do now?

Captain Zenith

26/5/10
Hi,

hont is already back again since 03/02/11.
He got the IWC and will repair asap!

cheereo ;-)