• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Marathon CSAR - New Chronograph Model

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
I was surfing watch sites and this stopped me in my tracks.

csaroa4.jpg

I just love the look of this watch. A really tough, no nonsense, tool style look.

But when I saw the suggested price of $2180 I nearly choked! I’d struggle to justify it at half that price. Getting up into prestige brand pricing.

Still I do like the look of it. Sadly I'd suppose it's probably too obscure to be repped.

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
Nice! That's a big bad boy!

I like the tritium tubes on these Marathons, always great nighttime vissibillity, no charging with light required!

But that's too pricey for me.
I would say up to $ 900 would be resonable for this watch

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
it'll depend on the movement. i'll pay ~900 for a stock 7750, ~1.5 for a nicely finished 7750 and 2k for a modified 7750. :)

imagine if tag heuer were to produce the same watch..it'll be 5k! :p

it somehow reminds me of the G.O. diver..

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i actually tried this thing on - at the custom knife show, one vendor had it. this thing is HUGE !! at least as big as my 47mm Vintage Panny.
very nice watch...the price......fuxxing ridicolous !
this watch should not cost more then $ 1000 max.

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
It reminds me a little of something by Sinn or Damasco. Though I don't think they make anything as massive as this. But I doubt this has anything like the innovation of these companies. I'd almost bet money on it having a plain 7750 too.

I shouldn't be too critical. Lots of big name watch companies with basic watches, standard movements in a nice case. As I said before I do love the look. If I had plenty of spare money, I'd consider it.

I suppose they can charge whatever the market will bear. Luxury goods are such a strange phenomenon. Seems like you can get away with a lot. I'll be interested to see if they can pull it off with a price like this.

Azgjav I'm curious about this G.O Diver. I didn't have any luck googling it. Can you tell us a little about it?

pammo13

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/4/06
What makes it so collectible is it is the 1st and only so-called issue MIL-CHRONO. On the military watch forums the members love it.

isji89

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/10/07
it's nice! is it automatic or quatz?
but the price is quite high.