• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC 3878 Spitfire From ZF factory

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Guys, I got my qc pics. As you might notice, the DW has a little misalignment at 26/25/24 and 31/30/29. However, everything else is just perfect, so I am going to accept. :)

spitfire1.jpg

spitfire2.jpg

spitfire3.jpg

spitfire4.jpg

spitfire5.jpg

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
Yes, exactly my thoughts :)

I think it is hard for the factory to get every number lined up perfectly, it also depends on the angle you look at it, lol. I don't know if anyone noticed, but the leather version is only 348 USD at TSwatch and they are offering 10% off with WU or 8% off with CC and 20 USD DHL shipping. It was the best deal I could find and they have been incredible. Ordered one night, next night payment was fully processed, next night QC photos, next night a retake of a few photos I requested and even sent 1 additional picture that same night when I requested. They are suppose to be mailing today!

Like look at the different angle in 3 pictures of the same watch: (BTW, I have accepted this watch, just using for illustration purposes)

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
Damn I'm in the middle of crossroads, dunno what to take, 3777 Petit or this one... what would you rather take?

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Damn I'm in the middle of crossroads, dunno what to take, 3777 Petit or this one... what would you rather take?

In order of priorities:
1- This (3878) on strap
2- 3777 from ZF on bracelet
3- Petit prince from ZF on strap.

If I had to start over this is what I would do.

ariffza

Known Member
20/11/11
The 3878 is the prettiest pilot chrono ever made, both gen and rep. I'd get the bracelet on the rep just because I hate rep straps. The rep buckles are also usually not very well made (sharp edges, non uniform brushing, waviness of polished surface, wrong IWC logo aspect ratio, etc. Unless someone care to share macro shots of the strap's buckles, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

ace28

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/14
Lucky owners! Any update on the robustness of the movement. I'd buy this watch in a second but the lack of decent watchsmiths in my city is keeping me away, just in case something goes down.. Thanks

ace28

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/14
I hear what you're saying, but the thing is I've got quite a few reps along with a few gens and all of them are always on the winder or on the wrist and ask of them have been working perfectly, almost as good as my gens. It's just that one has heard a lot about this movement with seconds at six problem and all... Was hoping some seniors on here would have more insight about changes if any in this movement

mrjoe

22/8/15
I hear what you're saying, but the thing is I've got quite a few reps along with a few gens and all of them are always on the winder or on the wrist and ask of them have been working perfectly, almost as good as my gens. It's just that one has heard a lot about this movement with seconds at six problem and all... Was hoping some seniors on here would have more insight about changes if any in this movement

No changes with the movement buddy. If you want the 3878 you've gotta take it along with the risks.

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
No changes with the movement buddy. If you want the 3878 you've gotta take it along with the risks.

Almost every dealer is listing this with an improved movement.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk