• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC 3878 Spitfire From ZF factory

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
^PureTime movie.
Does anyone notice the descent position of the minute hand @12 o'clock at "zero" position, the top dial is crocked or whole movement is misaligned.

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
Any one got one of these yet? Any update on the movement?

rhc22

26/11/11
I'll keep you informed how everything worked out. As it is just a slightly difference it might work. We'll see. :)

I wouldn't spend out for a gen dial if the only intention is fit it to the rep.
I measure roughly 1.5mm difference in the sub dials, each pinion will be 0.75mm out. First the rep pinions will not go through the holes so you would have to open them up. Then you will have a visible hole that the hand will not cover and the hand will overlap the sub dial at the top of it's swing and be way inside at the bottom.

The rep dial is very nice and looks pretty close to the gen. Even though the sub dials are too close to the centre at least they are proportioned/look correct. Very few people would notice this but modding a gen dial I suspect will look pretty bad and it will be wrecked.

Your choice and your money but I really don't think it will work

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Full ack. One would have to mod the movement to make it fit the gen dial, and if this would easily be possible I am damned sure the makers would already have done that.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Surely this is in the pipeline..
iwc_miramar_2_lg.jpg

Love the Miramar....

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
sickest IWC for me imo

BTW is that a ceramic case?

Yes, and it's a polished ceramic case. Not easy to rep. But the biggest flaw on the rep Miramars was the color of the dial. The reps are totally off.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Only my opinion, but the gen Miramar looks cheap to me, with that polished black bezel, printed numbers, black date wheel, dull dial colour, textile strap... Each man to his own!

FredZ

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/8/14
Here a less spectacular picture of the gen:
Nice, but would you spend 10k for it?

Mm the advertisement pic really looks a lot better... Miramar is cool when you have a lot of watches (read +10), but indeed I would never buy gen. Also note you've got a lot of watches which you have to see in real life to appreciate their beauty

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Has anyone bought the 3878 yet? I want to take the plunge soon to see how reliable the movement is now with the datewheel mod etc.....

I really really like this watch arrghh

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
I ordered one, should be here in a few days, but I don't think I'm going to take it apart to check out the datewheel.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I ordered one, should be here in a few days, but I don't think I'm going to take it apart to check out the datewheel.

When you get yours can you please post it and also maybe chuck it on a winder and let us know how the movement goes in like 2 weeks, then 1 month then 2 months? Do you have a winder?

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
There's a V2 of the non-ZF 3878 on Puretime now. Haven't got a clue why it's a V2 nor how it's different from the ZF version lol

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
yeah i think so..ZF will get my cash shortly
tho BP v2 and this new v2 claims to be a 60min counter tho (the other version are 30min including ZF - unless someone can confirm otherwise?)

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Note the color of the chrono runner hand on the unknown factory V2, it is ss polished as opposed to white on gen.