• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Iwc 3714 zf

Peter Pan

29/1/13
I don't see any obvious visual difference as well. Maybe the AR is stronger but thats hard to tell from the photos we've got to see so far. Looking forward to a more stable movement and more colour variants to come. Hopefully this version as well :punk:

Bildschirmfoto_2016_02_01_um_21_31_59.png

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
Guys, I'm happy to announce that this new secs@6 movements are GOOD. Well, at least WAY better than the old ones. This one is based on the new spitfire series but without date. I just swapped to the gen dial and I'm super happy. Rep dial is very close but the only difference is the paint quality + the way it reflects. Somehow gen dial is glossy and matte at the same time. Really depends on the lighting but it's super hard to photograph. Dial is direct swap.

Some pics from assembly:
DArN3HI.jpg
5iyeG1J.jpg
C2MDjuT.jpg
tCe9nvo.jpg
tg3SGcu.jpg

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
Mine if from SWF. Maybe ZF has the same one too.

QBalance156

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/07
Thank you for sharing these pics [MENTION=50735]kennycoder[/MENTION]! Keeping my fingers crossed that the new ZF 3714 has this same movement. Where did you get your gen dial? scotchwatch?

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
Got it from m2m. Posted a wtb request.
I guess that ZF will use the same movement mod as this SWF. It's easily to spotted by watching the seconds hand move.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Gen dial is stunning. too bad the rep dial doesn't have the same subdials' depth, the difference is very visible.

Keentje

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/13
Thank you so much Kenny! So the only biggest difference now is the case thickness i guess? I think that the gen due do the movement is flatter?

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
Thank you so much Kenny! So the only biggest difference now is the case thickness i guess? I think that the gen due do the movement is flatter?

Exactly mate. Less than 1mm difference tho. Barely visible. The crown sits lower but there is not much you can do with 7750.

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
Would the SWF OR ZF case accept gen movement? Or does it require some modification to accomodate for the recessed crown? I have a Franken 3714 with gen movement but I wouldn't mind transfering all the parts to this new case as it's constructed better.

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
Would the SWF OR ZF case accept gen movement? Or does it require some modification to accomodate for the recessed crown? I have a Franken 3714 with gen movement but I wouldn't mind transfering all the parts to this new case as it's constructed better.

Needs modifications. There is thread somewhere how to build a franken here on RWI. Search for it.

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
Needs modifications. There is thread somewhere how to build a franken here on RWI. Search for it.
I have built enough Frankens to know what's needed. My question was specific to this particular case.

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
I have built enough Frankens to know what's needed. My question was specific to this particular case.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood you. Honestly I don't know. Btw sweep video: