• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Iwc 3714 zf

Chel

19/8/14
225145hlmen01eluldnzqq.jpg

@ZF: Crooked markers ? I wonder if it`s still modified 7750?

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
It was on watchbus, not much information about it though. I assume it runs on a similar movement to all the new IWC which is suppose to be the more reliable 7750 movement for secs @6, but we will see.

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
By "all the new IWC", do you mean the 3878 Spitfire? Or are there other models using an improved movement as well? Has it even been confirmed that the movement in the recent 3878 does in fact incorporate changes aimed at reducing failure?

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
By "all the new IWC", do you mean the 3878 Spitfire? Or are there other models using an improved movement as well? Has it even been confirmed that the movement in the recent 3878 does in fact incorporate changes aimed at reducing failure?

I guess I was only referring to the 7750 chrono movements.

TTBear

Horology Curious
12/4/06
Really dying to know more about this, as well, as up until now, I have been holding off.

Hoping for some good news!

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU
Somebody took a look at the iwc 3878 movement. They used a new trick for the sec@6 which is more reliable. No jerky sec either. I'm not sure which factories use the real improved 7750, but ZF is for sure. So the ZF 3878, the just released ZF 3880, and the coming ZF 3714 are safe(r) to buy...

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
Guys, I got the new "v5" from SWF for 3714 and it has modded secs @6 from spitfire models. Super smooth. I haven't posted any details yet because I'm waiting for a gen dial to arrive. From what I've seen from the pics, this new ZF is the same as SWF in terms of finish, bezel, etc. Gimme a week more and I'll post the movement front plate teardown info + dial swap guide.

Keentje

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/13
Finally!!! Waiting so long for this already! Kennycoder that looks very interesting, looking forward to your post! Which TD did ou buy it from?

pippo

10/1/10
Guys, I got the new "v5" from SWF for 3714 and it has modded secs @6 from spitfire models. Super smooth. I haven't posted any details yet because I'm waiting for a gen dial to arrive. From what I've seen from the pics, this new ZF is the same as SWF in terms of finish, bezel, etc. Gimme a week more and I'll post the movement front plate teardown info + dial swap guide.

Kenny, any chance to confirm the exact thickness of the watch case?

Thanks mate

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada

You, sir, are a prince. I look forward to lots of pics! :thumbup: I did not realize the v5 from SWF used the new configuration in its movement! If you're certain of this fact, then I won't hesitate to buy it. I've been dying for this!!!

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
I got it from Toro. The watch is spot on. Bezel is held by the screws as the gen. Very easy to remove. Overall the hands, case, crystal and even the inside tachy are top notch. My biggest complain is with the rep dial. Has some minor issues like uneven "11" (fixed with a toothpick), uneven blue paint distribution on all the numerals and the IWC logo had some paint smudges (barely visible but still there), so that's why I got the new gen dial.

alvedon

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/14
A gen dial is a MUST! There is no comparison between the gen 3714 dial and the rep!

alvedon

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/14
My feeling is that the rep dial is looking pretty good. They've finally got the shape right on the portuguese numeral 4.

I'm talking about texture and overall feeling! Hope I'm wrong though!

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
I'm talking about texture and overall feeling! Hope I'm wrong though!

Sure, a gen dial will always be superior to a rep dial if you're willing to invest the effort and the money. I hope the rep dial will be impressive enough though :)

mrjoe

22/8/15
Great news! I hope they finally produce a 3714 with the correct case.

pippo

10/1/10
I am also impatient to see a side by side comparison for dials :)