• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It's really coming this time :)

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
^ Really that small huh? OK i will pass. I cant wear any watches < 40mm. Rolex Sub or SD4000 is the smallest I can go.
I tried on the watch before and is rather small and thin. Don't get me wrong I wear 47mm pams but I also wear vintage 34mm Air-king.

I guess is more of a dress watch after all so ideally it shouldn't be big.

You never know, you might be more adaptable than u think...

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Hahahah

Which vietnamese strap maker?

I've had one so far, an ostrich one for my Navitimer 01, and I'm very pleased with it.
This was the seller:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/vnhandcraftart?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

There is some discussion in the thread about the ethics of cheap alligator straps. But it's clear that there are many alligator farms now in Vietnam, and they're not cottage enterprises. Here's an article I came across about one where they had at least 5000 gators;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7090361.stm

The article's 8 years old, so the farms are probably even bigger now.

repwdk

Looking Around
10/3/15
I'm getting one of these, but I'm undecided wether to get the US edt. or the regular edt. Any thoughts from this great community?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
"I'm getting one of these, but I'm undecided wether to get the US edt. or the regular edt. Any thoughts from this great community?"

Start with either one and plan on eventually buying both.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
"I'm getting one of these, but I'm undecided wether to get the US edt. or the regular edt. Any thoughts from this great community?"

Start with either one and plan on eventually buying both.
It's affordable enough to buy both, since they are quartz. I can see their prices go down later on, like the Bronze or Pams..

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Mine has arrived today. Slightly disappointed to find that one of the 4 screws that holds the tops of the ends to the bottom has a stripped thread and results in slop on the top. I discovered this when it fell out. I will make attempts to sort this out, probably resorting to Araldite on the thread. It could also do with a little vaseline to smooth the slide action. It's not expensive enough to warrant returning it to China.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Mine has arrived today. Slightly disappointed to find that one of the 4 screws that holds the tops of the ends to the bottom has a stripped thread and results in slop on the top. I discovered this when it fell out. I will make attempts to sort this out, probably resorting to Araldite on the thread. It could also do with a little vaseline to smooth the slide action. It's not expensive enough to warrant returning it to China.
Would u mind posting a photo so we know where to look on the QC?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Mind my noobiness on the Reverso, but what is the difference between the US edition and the non-US edition?

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
US Edition has syringe shaped hands and patina lume.

Non-US Edition has sword hands and standard lume.

Both look stunning.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Would u mind posting a photo so we know where to look on the QC?
You won't necessarily see anything on the QC, I didn't. I just looked again, and they are fine. If there is anything visible because of a screw problem then it might show as a slight variation in the gap between the main body. Mine looked fine. There is always bound to be some wobble in this though because of the slide ability and the gap necessary to allow this to work.
Here is the watch case with one end bracket off, and the strap upside down so you can see the 2 attachment screws:

14384601224160.jpg

Incidentally, the straps have a plastic insert and a big wrap around to raise them to the level of the case, similiar to AP ROOs.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
US Edition has syringe shaped hands and patina lume.

Non-US Edition has sword hands and standard lume.

Both look stunning.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Just need the red faced one next:greedy:...
Grande_Reverso_1931_Rouge.jpg

On the black one I already have, I've used Araldite to fill the thread on the faulty screw and so far the repair seems to be holding up.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
So so you guys are just locting the screw?
No. The case screw thread on mine is knackered. As I said above, I nudged araldite down the hole with a pin and then screwed it all together. I've used loctite 222 on the other 3, taking some care not to over torque them.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Just need the red faced one next:greedy:...
Grande_Reverso_1931_Rouge.jpg

On the black one I already have, I've used Araldite to fill the thread on the faulty screw and so far the repair seems to be holding up.

I love the red dial. Truly hope they decide to make it.
There is a Ltd edition green one too, not as nice as the red but still cool.
Also heard smth about a yellow dial one coming soon for the Brasil boutique opening.