• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s here!!!! ZZF V2S 114060 VR3130!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
mari115 then why were they closing factories down like for instance GF not so long ago. Doesnt make sense

Because they have to keep up the "facade" of a government that tries to weed out illegal activities, noob was raided as well, but why are they back in the game? The governemnt knows about what they are doing, it just decides when and how to act, because in the end that's good for China

Reactions: KJ2020

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
botsyboy appearances to whom if they do not really give a shit? The last raids by the authorities were pretty severe. Hard to believe they are also in on it. Who knows

Too the large corporations who are the intellectual property owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Guys this is my last answer on this topic just to clarify to you my position.
It totally makes sense that factories continue to put flaws on watches to sell v1/v2 with minimal improvements etc but at the same time let’s be honest here. If they could make a perfect rep they would earn a lot (even more, or at least the same, personal idea) too. Plus they would kill the competitors keeping all the market for them. Just see what ZZF was able to do in 1 year with a better product than his competitors.
This is why I think there are also other pieces of the puzzle. An illegal factory that produces perfect copies of Rolex would attract too much attention putting pressure on China to shut it down. China gives only the impression to contrast counterfeit goods but at the end it is profit for them and it’s convenient for China to keep them open. It is therefore convenient for factories to fly “under the radar” producing good copies but not perfect ones. At the end of the day any rep here if put against a gen will show a clear difference, partially justified by the price difference. Some more some less.
This was my idea and it has some decent background since I am quite into this topics and I know at least a bit of what I am talking about.
That said I think we can go back to ZZF (which honestly I didn’t enjoy)

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It totally makes sense that factories continue to put flaws on watches to sell v1/v2 with minimal improvements etc but at the same time let’s be honest here. If they could make a perfect rep they would earn a lot (even more, or at least the same, personal idea) too. Plus they would kill the competitors keeping all the market for them. Just see what ZZF was able to do in 1 year with a better product than his competitors.

Urban/internet myth.

They don't try to make the perfect rep because they don't need to - they make plenty of money making 90 or 95% perfect reps. These are criminals in the eyes of the law, they aren't out to prove anything, nor make the best of anything.
They are out to make as much money as possible with a minimum of outlay, they've understood the market has changed and that the crappy reps of 10 or 20 years ago are no longer good enough to satisfy many people. The market for high quality reps exists, trying to make a perfect rep would not be cost effective - this is about making money, nothing else.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Interesting. I’ve never thought about the fact that China would be accepting of the rep industry. I always thought these makers are constantly watching over their shoulders, moving from one building to another with just the clothes on their backs. Changing their names, their cell numbers, respraying their cars different colours and getting facelifts. Meanwhile the buggers are having high tea with the Chinese prez. I feel so betrayed ;)

Reactions: botsyboy

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Guys this is my last answer on this topic just to clarify to you my position.
This is why I think there are also other pieces of the puzzle. An illegal factory that produces perfect copies of Rolex would attract too much attention putting pressure on China to shut it down. China gives only the impression to contrast counterfeit goods but at the end it is profit for them and it’s convenient for China to keep them open. It is therefore convenient for factories to fly “under the radar” producing good copies but not perfect ones. At the end of the day any rep here if put against a gen will show a clear difference, partially justified by the price difference. Some more some less.
This was my idea and it has some decent background since I am quite into this topics and I know at least a bit of what I am talking about.
That said I think we can go back to ZZF (which honestly I didn’t enjoy)

Yes I've heard ZZF had sought approval from the Communist Party already starting from January this year to correct the bigfoot X on the dial. The Communist Party held months long talks with Switzerland and they got the approval from Geneva finally only a month ago to go ahead with the new updated X dial. Xi Jinping was involved in those talks as well.

And meanwhile all those silly questions how hard can it be for ZZF to fix the X.

Reactions: botsyboy and jpchub

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Yes I've heard ZZF had sought approval from the Communist Party already starting from January this year to correct the bigfoot X on the dial. The Communist Party held months long talks with Switzerland and they got the approval from Geneva finally only a month ago to go ahead with the new updated X dial. Xi Jinping was involved in those talks as well.

And meanwhile all those silly questions how hard can it be for ZZF to fix the X.

Lol

Subdued

20/11/19
This thread is something. Anyone got theirs already? Please show pics.

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
This thread is something. Anyone got theirs already? Please show pics.

this one is mine just got it last Friday, I ordered a rubber strap and probably some time down the road add a gen insert but that’s really it. I’m very happy. The mvmt is butter so far. Keeps great time also. I have it on a winder.

Subdued

20/11/19
b9ZRk.jpg

this one is mine just got it last Friday, I ordered a rubber strap and probably some time down the road add a gen insert but that’s really it. I’m very happy. The mvmt is butter so far. Keeps great time also. I have it on a winder.

Definitely an eye candy. I see they update the bezel teeth. Not so sharp anymore. Ordered also and waiting for QC. Hopefully mine is as good as what you got. Thanks sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMG2099

chuckbass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/15
Some of the V2S / V3 photos I've seen the bezel numerals look more white than 'platinum'... Is it just the images or does this need platinum paint mod?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Milomuu

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Some of the V2S / V3 photos I've seen the bezel numerals look more white than 'platinum'... Is it just the images or does this need platinum paint mod?

Why paint?

These CF bezels have real platinum coating so why on earth would you paint them over.

You can swim in ocean, clean them with a toothbrush etc nothing happens to them unlike the Noob and ARFs painted ones where you would almost instantly loose all filling.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

You're SELs unfortunately are almost flush.

Better try to source another ZZF bracelet with good gen like recess.

In terms of gen looking that will add more than the gen insert at this point.

Bezel teeth are yes a lot better now on these.

Reactions: JMG2099

chuckbass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/15
Why paint?

These CF bezels have real platinum coating so why on earth would you paint them over.

You can swim in ocean, clean them with a toothbrush etc nothing happens to them unlike the Noob and ARFs painted ones where you would almost instantly loose all filling.
I didn't realise they had platinum coating.. sorry, I asked because it looked a bit white. Thanks for the quick response

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
You're SELs unfortunately are almost flush.

Better try to source another ZZF bracelet with good gen like recess.

In terms of gen looking that will add more than the gen insert at this point.

Bezel teeth are yes a lot better now on these.

Im ok with the SELs since I’m switching to a rubber T strap any way I’ll probably get an ARF bracelet sometime down the road.

Last edited:

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Why paint?

Just to clarify the noob v10s are not painted are plat filled and can be vigorously cleaned do not chip or fade.

Reactions: Milomuu