• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s here!!!! ZZF V2S 114060 VR3130!

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Which Noob Pepsi is good? I must have missed something, I thought they were all bad overall.

They are. Noob is the closest but poor insert colours and colour transition make it poor value. It does have some good aspects but this isn’t the thread for that. There is a specific thread for the Pepsi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James2020

1/6/20
You have hit the nail in the head there botsyboy

The day they make the perfect version is the day they kill their own market and lose their return customers. They gotta keep making those little improvements so people will buy more.

Actually, my guess is the factories can’t be bothered to achieve 100% due to the need for maximum speed, minimal cost while operating under utmost secrecy.

I think they can achieve 100% gen but if something that is 90% close to gen can sell like hot cakes, why bother to improve? It won’t make economic sense for them to close the 10% gap. Even if they can get their production mold/equipment to 100% gen specs, their QC will still be inconsistent bcos they need to churn out pieces at the fastest possible speed at the lowest cost before they get raided.

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Qc accept, this is my zzf v2s
96e3639aa57d047c8a9749f11e4b95d7.jpg
4e303c21c71be8c12b8f13007880928c.jpg
fe429d1b66501f7ad18a80bc2e27500d.jpg
3c8d560d81122699fca2ced2f4e5d7bf.jpg
6810b732f8d80689c57d28efe61f5829.jpg
e28b12929cea87e6d3cb3158f869c255.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: timmywatch

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Kayatsu1 I'd still like to see this YT video you mentioned earlier. You stated people should see it before buying, yet when asked about it you completely ignore the request.

Last edited:

Kayatsu1

12/10/19

I wrote a long message but then I thought that there was no need to answer.
Anyway, funny image!
Let's end the off-topic here and go back to talk about ZZF only.

Last edited:

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I want to be honest saying that, after owning it, I don't really get all the hype around ZZF. I personally think that even if is probably the best OOTB 116610/114060 that we have today there are too many things that are wrong with it and this v2s version doesn't address those problems. The CGs are completely wrong and the case is the same. The bracelet is slimmer and of different dimensions compared to the real one. The insert is incredibly dull in low light and not even close to the gen one. The SEL fitment is flushed in the majority of them, the bezel teeth are wrong, the central dip is way too pronounced and so on. Plus the price is rapidly increasing without any reason honestly.
I feel that the Sub should be a pretty easy one to rep at least decently, but at the same time I can see that the replication level on this model is quite low compared to others. The case is quite simple and there aren't many details or complications that can make the watch a difficult one. I can understand that rep makers want to put flaws in watches because probably they are implicitly allowed to do reps only if they aren't close to the real deal, and I can understand that rep quality will never be the same one of a gen. If we only had a decent case to start with I would justify a franken, but until a maker doesn't realize a decent case even frankening is not convenient in my opinion.
Until then bye bye Sub. Sadly V6s are too rare.

Didn’t know the noob v6s are so sought after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
One simple answer. Economics. The Chinese have no interest in perfecting a Rolex copy as the thirst for them is far higher than any other brand available and we silly buggers take it all in every time and buy one! I’ve probably had over 30 sub reps but if they made a perfect one I’d never buy another.
They have the capabilities to make it perfect but they don’t and never will.

The rep factories target for the sweet spot with regards to profit. You can do a 90% rep for 10%-20% of the gen cost structure. If you want to step this up to over 95% your cost might easily double. Bringing this up to 99% will double it again. The need for improving a rep only comes from the competition selling better. If they wanted to make a 100% rep they'd need to invest the same effort as Rolex or Omega which would kill their profit.

Last edited:

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
I wrote a long message but then I thought that there was no need to answer.
Anyway, funny image!
Let's end the off-topic here and go back to talk about ZZF only.

Don’t think many on here would agree with your theory regarding a 100% accurate (or otherwise) rep.

Far more valuable companies selling products in much greater numbers than Rolex (like European car makers) have all tried and failed to sue for copyright infringement in China - what makes you think Rolex could achieve what they have been unable to do? Rolex simply could not do that.

It is definitely more an economic choice on the part of the rep factories than anything to do with what they’re ‘allowed’ to do or not do by Rolex.

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Don’t think many on here would agree with your theory regarding a 100% accurate (or otherwise) rep.

Far more valuable companies selling products in much greater numbers than Rolex (like European car makers) have all tried and failed to sue for copyright infringement in China - what makes you think Rolex could achieve what they have been unable to do? Rolex simply could not do that.

It is definitely more an economic choice on the part of the rep factories than anything to do with what they’re ‘allowed’ to do or not do by Rolex.

I respect your vision as it totally makes sense. However Rolex could have other instruments to make pressure on China to respect intellectual properties. China is undergoing a rapid change and I feel that producing perfect copies could attract too much attention. I still think that there is a combination of more reasons, "political", economical and of convenience for factories.
Just my theory, I can be wrong.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
It’s not Chine repping the watches. It’s organized crime within China and they couldnt give give two shits what Rolex would think about Chine when they make a rep too accurate

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
It’s not Chine repping the watches. It’s organized crime within China and they couldnt give give two shits what Rolex would think about Chine when they make a rep too accurate

Rep factories can be shut down in every moment from China. They continue to operate only because China let them do (profit). They will give a shit about their international reputation and they relationship with top companies in the world, especially after the trade war and Coronavirus situation.
Again, this is just my idea, I don't want to convince you or anyone. Let's go back to ZZF

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

well, it's a fact that the government is letting them do all this illegal shit because it's big ass profit for them

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
mari115 then why were they closing factories down like for instance GF not so long ago. Doesnt make sense

Because they have to do that every so often to keep up appearances of trying to stop it but we all know that China doesn’t really give a shit about anyone else’s opinion really.

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
mari115 do you think the rep factories pau their taxes to their government? I’m not so sure about it

Very doubtful but the workers and bosses spend their dollars in Chinese shops etc which does attract taxable profits for the government.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
botsyboy appearances to whom if they do not really give a shit? The last raids by the authorities were pretty severe. Hard to believe they are also in on it. Who knows

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
botsyboy appearances to whom if they do not really give a shit? The last raids by the authorities were pretty severe. Hard to believe they are also in on it. Who knows

Too the large corporations who are the intellectual property owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk