• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s here! AQUANAUT ZF

G

Hmmm. I mean is it that hard to do a proper font and datewheel (I know nothing about the internals)?

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
DW Justified too far left harder to notice on Single digit dates like these pics . See Double figure dates it’s stuck right against left hand edge of DW !!

Lovely watch overall I myself will wait and see if any fixes made or other versions

Yes I started to notice, oh well... just dont wear it during 20-29th of the month if you have other watches to enjoy LOL

G

Yes I started to notice, oh well... just dont wear it during 20-29th of the month if you have other watches to enjoy LOL

I genuinely do this with my ARF Yachtmaster. I literally do not wear it between 20-29th because it is slightly left justified and it pisses me off. I don't know if it borders on OCD but not having the date centered really gets to me!

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
I genuinely do this with my ARF Yachtmaster. I literally do not wear it between 20-29th because it is slightly left justified and it pisses me off. I don't know if it borders on OCD but not having the date centered really gets to me!

I totally agree, DW is extremely important. Its how experts tell how dodgy a rep watch can be, I really hope spongebob or mikey will develop new DW disc or layovers for this. :(

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16

This is exactly what I'm going to do! I have other watches that have a wonky day or two or three and I just don't wear it during those days. I have plenty of great watches to skip a day. It's a small price to pay for a great watch!

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Waiting professional comparison..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Good idea, it just might work for the MKF V5 which has different font issues. 10-19 looks fine but the rest appears too small or not tall enough to fill the date window.

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
Cut one “link” at a time from either side and keep trying the watch on until it’s perfect. Take your time and only do one “link”, otherwise you’ll be buying another strap on the ‘bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's a great tip. thank you. i'll do that

Opirata

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18

lol that’s exactly what i do with my big pilot too.

Sent from the RWI App

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
My TD said that ZF doesn't typically sell spare parts, so I can't buy this date disc separately. Does that sound correct about ZF? I can't buy spare parts?

N0tail_

1/6/17
Custom date wheels have been made before. I'm sure once everyone gets their hands on this new version then modders will have a crack at making a gen like wheel.

Looking at you Mikey :p

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
My TD got back to me.

The date disc was not centered vertically, as it sat too high, so my TD rejected it for me.
Jdhhp.png

JdTKX.jpg

Also, the watch is 9.1mm, not 8.8 as intime stated. My TD measured it and informed me. I wonder who's more accurate though.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
The more I’m seeing of this the more I’m disliking it. Only .3mm thinner than the V6f and nearly double the price. A big disappointment. IMO they need to forget about these silly decorative movement plates and work with the stock Miyota plates like PF and KMF. They’re not fooling anybody I know but neither are the shitty deco plates.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
The more I’m seeing of this the more I’m disliking it. Only .3mm thinner than the V6f and nearly double the price. A big disappointment. IMO they need to forget about these silly decorative movement plates and work with the stock Miyota plates like PF and KMF. They’re not fooling anybody I know but neither are the shitty deco plates.

I agree about the pricing, sure, but I disagree on the watch as a whole. The dial finish looks superior to the V6F. The thinness, if it really is 8.8mm, is a big improvement, and is something I'm willing to pay for. We are talking incremental improvement, which is proportional to where we are at with the industry as a whole.

Reactions: Mike Page

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
I agree about the pricing, sure, but I disagree on the watch as a whole. The dial finish looks superior to the V6F. The thinness, if it really is 8.8mm, is a big improvement, and is something I'm willing to pay for. We are talking incremental improvement, which is proportional to where we are at with the industry as a whole.

The dial for me is ruined by that elongated line at 5. The pubes and stuff on the hands/dial can be removed I know, but it's incredibly sloppy considering this is a $480 rep. Multiple things have put me off this watch. I'll be waiting for the next maker to come along and rep this, I'll pick up a V6F again in the meantime.

Reactions: vcappp
G

The dial for me is ruined by that elongated line at 5. The pubes and stuff on the hands/dial can be removed I know, but it's incredibly sloppy considering this is a $480 rep. Multiple things have put me off this watch. I'll be waiting for the next maker to come along and rep this, I'll pick up a V6F again in the meantime.

Agreed.

I got lambasted from a few members for saying its not an upgrade from my V6F and now I stick by this decision even more. I don't think the dial is at all far superior and now after all said and done its only .3mm thinner than the V6F? Couple that with the ridiculous off centered date window and I fail to see how this can command $480 to be honest.

ZF are a great factory (my JLC Moonphase is sublime) but their QC is atrocious. The should scale back and concentrate on more quality rather than trying to rep everything under the sun.