• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s here! AQUANAUT ZF

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
They are all left justified this has already been established. Now whether or not the date wheel overlay can be shifted over slightly is the question, but I have a feeling it’s already as far over as it can go, hence the left justification, same as the BP DD40

Is there a modder I can send mine to in CONUS who can see if it can be adjusted? I'm already getting one anyways, I'd love to see if it can be fixed by a skilled watch service person..

Just as an FYI I've already asked China Tim to hopefully find one that has a centered date wheel.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Is there a modder I can send mine to in CONUS who can see if it can be adjusted? I'm already getting one anyways, I'd love to see if it can be fixed by a skilled watch service person..

Just as an FYI I've already asked China Tim to hopefully find one that has a centered date wheel.

You can't decenter the overlay, by doing that you end up with an oval date wheel. The only solution is to decenter the dial by moving it on the left. If you can live with it thats the only thing you can do.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK

Sorry buddy, no idea for anyone that can do that CONUS.

I think you’ll struggle to find a centred one. Looks like they’re all the same. The BP DD40 was the same. The DWO printing is probably out by a fraction.

I’m putting a deposit on one as soon as Ryan get back to me. When it arrives I’ll pull the hands/dial and see if the DWO can be shifted a fraction to the right. I’ll post up the results when the watch is here.

Hopefully the release date is the 25th. Not holding my breath though!

Last edited:

darknite

Renowned Member
24/3/17
ssouthall6 are you still gonna say that there is no chance in Hell they will release it with a left justified date wheel? Maybe we can start a new theory that it’s the same prototype being passed around and then come to the conclusion that all of our TDs are the one and same person with different domain names ?

ssouthall6

10/10/13
ssouthall6 are you still gonna say that there is no chance in Hell they will release it with a left justified date wheel? Maybe we can start a new theory that it’s the same prototype being passed around and then come to the conclusion that all of our TDs are the one and same person with different domain names ?

You're really desperate for me to be wrong aren't you :D

I still don't think it will be released with left justified datewheel. As I said previously I would be extremely surprised. Yes the adjustment of the datewheel itself is not possible or at least unlikely to help, but if the printing is done differently then it would be fine.

And yes, the BP model was released with a misaligned dw, but this is ZF not BP. I haven't said anything about the same prototype being passed around, I simply that when this model is reproduced in high volume they will fix this.

And if not, at least you get the satisfaction of being right :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Trusty time put up QC pics and a vid. Despite the left justification, the watch still looks really good at single digit dates.

http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_200&products_id=19065

Here's the high res QC Pics. Dial looks really good at high resolution. Better than I originally thought.

JzEyh.jpg

JzZNs.jpg

JzDDp.jpg

Jp5eX.jpg

AgentPena

28/3/18
South East Asia
Whats wrong with the DW guys? It looks pretty damn good to me compared with 5711 MKS DW. The DW fills up the window from top to bottom, I couldnt possibly find any flaw, the only thing I notice is that the bezel is a fraction wider than gen, and hour fonts are suppose to be a fraction fatter, but the rest is pretty spot on. For the price, I think its great value?

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
how do you guys adjust the rubber strap? do you do it yourself or get watch maker to adjust it?

AgentPena

28/3/18
South East Asia
Trusty time put up QC pics and a vid. Despite the left justification, the watch still looks really good at single digit dates.

http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_200&products_id=19065

Here's the high res QC Pics. Dial looks really good at high resolution. Better than I originally thought.

JzEyh.jpg

JzZNs.jpg

JzDDp.jpg

Jp5eX.jpg

Stain or defect at 10 oclock bezel, some grain next to the crystal. I also noticed this on TT's website, if you want to see clearly photos of it.

poinds

17/4/17
how do you guys adjust the rubber strap? do you do it yourself or get watch maker to adjust it?

Cut one “link” at a time from either side and keep trying the watch on until it’s perfect. Take your time and only do one “link”, otherwise you’ll be buying another strap on the ‘bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Page

23/6/15
Whats wrong with the DW guys? It looks pretty damn good to me compared with 5711 MKS DW. The DW fills up the window from top to bottom, I couldnt possibly find any flaw, the only thing I notice is that the bezel is a fraction wider than gen, and hour fonts are suppose to be a fraction fatter, but the rest is pretty spot on. For the price, I think its great value?

DW Justified too far left harder to notice on Single digit dates like these pics . See Double figure dates it’s stuck right against left hand edge of DW !!

Lovely watch overall I myself will wait and see if any fixes made or other versions

G

I don't care how good the rest of the watch is, that left justification of the datewheel is a deal breaker.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mike Page

23/6/15
I don't care how good the rest of the watch is, that left justification of the datewheel is a deal breaker.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

thats the way I feel too . Way to ruin a great watch otherwise .

Each to their own

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Me also. That datewheel is a killer, looks to be printed off centre from TT’s picture. No fix for that. When Keylog74 DWO is ready then I’ll buy the ZF.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Me also. That datewheel is a killer, looks to be printed off centre from TT’s picture. No fix for that. When Keylog74 DWO is ready then I’ll buy the ZF.

Well to be honest im not sure what it will fit. Now crazy as it might sound looks like the most gen like DW is on the PF. i tried the DW on a JJF dial and its lefted just like this one. So we will have to buy one for measurements.

JJF DIAL:

https://picr.me/i/2018/09/25/JQhSf.jpg

Reactions: phdsjain