• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is Joshua's servicing worth the effort and $?

10acErnie

Known Member
6/4/06
Just to confuse things even more.......
The SD's I was looking at are the watches that Trusty has on Special, and the SD's are listed as 11.5 thick...........however the SD's that aren't on special are 14.5mm thick...........but the 1680 that's not on special is also 14.5mm thick...........OK, I surrender!!!

nonskeder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/06
@gruffster: The perfect SD from Joshua from the description in his Perfect Clones web site doe not come with the servicing like his perfect sub. You get the right case and correct depth but the HE valve is wrong. It would be great if they could get the valve thing done right. The perfect sub has the additional work done on it but from what I can tell the SD does not have the movement work, ect done to it.

@Edge: You are right about MBW vintage subs. I have many of them and for my money they are spot on. I am finished sending them out for even the most basic mods. The only thing I will have done from now on is having the movement serviced. Now for the modern SD. I have a modern SD from Maria (MBW) and the HE valve in wrong as well. All the other stuff is spot on but the valve is like all the rest and just not right.

MBW wont have a correct SD (modern) for some months to come. Hope this helps.

gruffster

4/6/06
nonskeder said:
@gruffster: The perfect SD from Joshua from the description in his Perfect Clones web site doe not come with the servicing like his perfect sub. You get the right case and correct depth but the HE valve is wrong. It would be great if they could get the valve thing done right. The perfect sub has the additional work done on it but from what I can tell the SD does not have the movement work, ect done to it.

The SD from Joshua doesn't come with the movement work, etc, but he can provide the service for an additional $120. My question was about whether that was worthwhile to do. Still on the fence between MBW and Joshua/Andrew for the SD's. I ordered a single red 1680 sub from Luckyyy, but I'm not sure I want to wait as long for the SD. (I'm expecting the Luckyyy process to take some time, based on others' experience on the forum).

Then again, I just may order a vintage SD from Luckyyy as well. Unfortunately, he is out of the DRSD - the one I'd really like to have.

Thanks for the heads up re: the valve thing.

nonskeder

5/6/06
Gruffster: Thanks for the heads up on the service being available on other watches. I think that it is a good deal based on the fact that the movement will be fresh from the get go. One stop and you are set. If you send it out for servicing when you get it you have the mail problems plus you have to wait to get the work done and that can take some time.

I have stuck with MBW for most of my watches. Have been very happy with the product. The vintage subs and SD's are worth the hassle of trying to get IMO. Take care, John.