• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is anyone having paypal problem like me??? Please help....

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
I just found out that my PayPal account got suspended.

this is the letter I got from PayPal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for unauthorized copies (pirated, duplicated, replica, bootleg and so forth) of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs.

We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account activity, it has been determined that you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Therefore, your account has been permanently limited.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i only used this paypal account to buy rep from josh and andrew....

how in the world did they find out that I was buying replicas.....

has this happended to any of you guys??????

if so....what do i need to do?

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Thats super creepy. Wow I'd like to hear some other people chime in on this. Did you put replica in you PayPal description?

Sean K

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Write to paypal and tell them that you bought a watch winder...

of course, you did not put anything in paypal about replica watch, of course...

and, before you do that, write to josh or andrew and ask their take on this..

good of lucky!

K

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
unless they tagged josh's account, i cant see any other way unless goods were mentioned to be reps.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
i never have mentioned anything about replica......no way.....

this is really......freaking me out.....

i do remember andrew telling me that he recently changed his paypal address.......i don't know if that's got something to do with this.....

man.........this really blows....

Niko

Renowned Member
25/7/06
Wow! That is a real concern.

I would write to paypal and ask exactly what item or payment was tagged as being related to a replica etc.

If it was a payment to Josh or Andrew, then I would follow Klink's suggestion and tell that you brought a watchwinder.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
I just bought a watch from josh a couple weeks back, i hope my paypal account doesnt get screwed up. Wow. Very strange.

dkq

Known Member
8/1/07
paypal

Hello,

I also bot from josh last week, no problems yet. Spoke to him yesterday mentioned something about his paypal hyperlink or something not working. Can't get to email from work but I can repost when I get home to tell exactly what he said.

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
:shock: seems to me that the only way Paypal or anyone would even suspect that we are buying anything pirated is if Joshua or Andrews PayPal accounts have been targeted specifically by PayPal.....
maybe turned in by a disgruntled buyer......but even if that is the case....wouldnt PayPal also send the boys a similar email or notice?

I have purchased a number of watches from both delaers and havent had any issues....also about to buy a number from both this weekend....Hmmmm

I would check with PayPal directly on this and dispute claim......over the years I have recieved a number of scam phishing emails from people claiming to be PayPal stating my account has been frozen...cancelled etc....I contacted them directly and sent them the emails only to be confirmed that these were scams ....PayPal also noted that they would not just cancel or freeze an account without an investigation

maybe this is a scam

good luck

subseeker

Renowned Member
Advisor
27/9/06
Paypal, ebay, skype.. all those monopoly bastards...

If google allows P2P transaction...

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Klink said:
Write to paypal and tell them that you bought a watch winder...

of course, you did not put anything in paypal about replica watch, of course...

and, before you do that, write to josh or andrew and ask their take on this..

good of lucky!

K

...that what I was thinking. Did you write anything at all in the item description other than the dealers instructions? Hope it works out and keep all informed. Also make sure it came from directly from paypal and not some phoney spam paypal, I get those all the time, and unless the paypal e-mail addresses you by your first name...then it is NOT from paypal...good luck :)

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
hmmmm

thinking that the paypal account you sent bucks to may have been popped (dispute filed)

and paypal automatically figures you buying replica...

still thinking best cousrse is to see what seller has to say, or advise...

everybody loves paypal.. so convenient...

paypal sucks imo.. because

just because.. everybody have agenda.. here is funny one..

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Good Luck!

Klink

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
...that's funny Klink. :) Yes paypal is the easiest and most popular way to send money...but which method other than paypal is the best way to send money? WU perhaps....maybe I need a back-up paypal account bu then if the dealer has been tagged...hmmm then what :?

mbogo

Horology Curious
3/1/07
Here is PayPal's 'Acceptable Use Policy' from their web site:

Counterfeit Items Policy
You may not use PayPal to sell counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, or otherwise unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories).

Guideline
You may not use PayPal to sell a product that bears the name or logo of a company but wasn't made or endorsed by that company.

Examples
The following are examples of items that may not be sold using PayPal:

* A purse that has the Chanel® name on it but was not made by Chanel

* Sunglasses bearing the Oakley® name in a style never made by Oakley

* A fake autograph claiming to be real

* Replacement parts for an Epson® printer which use Epson's part numbers and names, but were not made by Epson

Warning
You may not use PayPal to sell replica, counterfeit, or otherwise unauthorized items. Violations of PayPal's Replica and Counterfeit Item policy could result in the suspension of your account.

It is clearly a violation to buy or sell replica watches. Whether or not it was Josh's account that's been flagged is hard to tell. Does Josh accept credit cards directly?

I could not find where their policy states that you may not buy replica watches, however, so you may be able to get your account restored.

mbogo

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
I'm leaning toward phishing scam...
can you log into your paypal account? (do it from a new browser window and input the URL by hand to avoid phishing)

If its actually shut down from paypal... I'd contact and ask them to specifically tell you what they feel was done to counter their user policy... I wouldn't volunteer any information to them about purchasing a watch winder or anything unless they specifically tell you that your purchase from Andrew or Josh is what got you shut down... at that point a watch winder may be the way to go... till you know exactly what they accuse you of doing, don't volunteer anything.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
mbogo said:
Here is PayPal's 'Acceptable Use Policy' from their web site:

Counterfeit Items Policy
You may not use PayPal to sell counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, or otherwise unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories).

Guideline
You may not use PayPal to sell a product that bears the name or logo of a company but wasn't made or endorsed by that company.

Examples
The following are examples of items that may not be sold using PayPal:

* A purse that has the Chanel® name on it but was not made by Chanel

* Sunglasses bearing the Oakley® name in a style never made by Oakley

* A fake autograph claiming to be real

* Replacement parts for an Epson® printer which use Epson's part numbers and names, but were not made by Epson

Warning
You may not use PayPal to sell replica, counterfeit, or otherwise unauthorized items. Violations of PayPal's Replica and Counterfeit Item policy could result in the suspension of your account.

I keep seeing the words "sell" and "sold"... I'm not seeing the word "buy" anywhere in there... hrmmm... :shock:

jfreeman420

Known Member
28/7/06
I have gotten many of these emails from ebay and paypal and they are all scams. May just be a scammer trying to get you to log into your account via their link and steal your info.

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
jfreeman420 said:
I have gotten many of these emails from ebay and paypal and they are all scams. May just be a scammer trying to get you to log into your account via their link and steal your info.

That happened to me a few years ago (along with about 10,000 other people). They tried to get $6500.00 but only ended up cashing an eCheck in Israel for $55. But it screwed things up for a while.

Did you log on thru their link or go directly to PayPal's site? If you went thru them - start checking all the linked accounts and call the credit companies, even if you think they may have info.

Mine was all caught, fortunately, but shifty people scam in the name of eBay almost as much as eBay does.

RB

fromo1946

23/10/06
I had this happen to me once and it was addressed to Dear Paypal Member, with the same information as you listed. They wanted me to send them my informatoin again to verify it was actually me. Well, I notified Paypal and they responded by telling me unless it's addressed directly with my name on the greeting it's probably a "Phishing" expedition. So, for what it's worth proceed with caution....