• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Introduction - AMF Rolex Daytona 116595RBOW / Rainbow

Reap3rlol

Horology Curious
8/1/22
I ordered one of these from AMF in Early January and have been told it's "in the mail" right now. As soon as I get it I'll show it on here with photos, though I will probably be away when it arrives so it may take longer than I would hope to post on here. I wanted to talk about the ordering process with AMF so far for all of you that are worried.

1. It DOES take a long time from ordering to actually getting it - but from what I can work out they carry very little stock and in this case, imagine trying to get all the gems on the dail and bezel to match "just right", so if you can't wait to get a heavily modified watch just buy one from a TD and you'll have it way quicker but it won't be modded.

2. The thought of sending the $A5,000 odd to them BEFORE they even start is a worry but they have been great to deal with - sure it could be a "risk" but when an original costs about $A900,000 now and even one "aftermarket" is $A100,000 on Chrono 24 I think you should take the risk.

3. From the QC's of the finished watch the ONLY thing I think some "expert" will be able to call you out on is the weight and because the case back was different to the earlier ones, they can't add weight.

4. So, so far I'm a very happy fella. Admittedly I haven't got the watch yet BUT correspondence has been good BUT DON'T ANNOY THEM - they will contact you along the process of building but not as frequent as we are used to in Australia.

Would definitely like to see your piece when you get it!

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
I ordered one of these from AMF in Early January and have been told it's "in the mail" right now. As soon as I get it I'll show it on here with photos, though I will probably be away when it arrives so it may take longer than I would hope to post on here.

Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: qrashid

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
An update would be great? Wouldn't mind ordering one myself. Curious how long it will take, so please post an update :)