• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Introduction - AMF Rolex Daytona 116595RBOW / Rainbow

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
We are happy to present you another watch here in our section. It is the elusive Rolex Daytona Rainbow aka 116595RBOW. This is a highly customised piece and a lot of work and modification has gone into it.

It has started life as a regular Noob A4130 Daytona as you all know it. There is no stock Rainbow Daytona that is equipped with attention to detail and getting some crucial aspects right.

Pictures do not do this watch justice, because of the many colours and effects of the diamonds, it is impossible to take adequate pictures that show the true beauty of it. We have tried to capture it to the best of our abilities.

Work carried out here is:

Noob A4130 Clone base

Custom dial with correct print, MOP effect and level print on the sub dials. (This is where many aftermarket / other reps are far behind)

Case has been set with diamonds and has been fully replated

Custom sapphire bezel with a more correct colour transition of the coloured gems

Movement has been checked and regulated

Waterproofed and pressure tested to 6ATM

jOWyIP.jpg

jOWYZJ.jpg

jOW1dW.jpg

jOWIuo.jpg

jOW6WQ.jpg

jOW9xS.jpg

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Personally, I would not wear this watch, to much bling bling for my skinny wrist. But I must say that it looks stunning! I could just buy it and stare at it :D great job guys!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Beautifully done. Fine example of your work.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
AMF 2 questions how is the weight on the watch ? And will the diamonds pass the diamond tester ??? Please reply at your earliest

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
AMF 2 questions how is the weight on the watch ? And will the diamonds pass the diamond tester ??? Please reply at your earliest

The weight is of any other plated watch. The diamonds and sapphires add a little to the weight but not overly significant. The diamonds pass a diamond tester, and test positive as such as they are diamonds dear. :D

twan22

Looking Around
28/2/21
This is an awesome watch. I couldn't pull of something like this but I will say that if every watch AMF makes has this type of quality, I will CERTAINLY be a customer

zenyaku

Horology Curious
11/5/15
Wow! Impressive. Would love to see what a version with a full pave dial and diamond center link oyster band would look like.

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
I ordered one of these from AMF in Early January and have been told it's "in the mail" right now. As soon as I get it I'll show it on here with photos, though I will probably be away when it arrives so it may take longer than I would hope to post on here. I wanted to talk about the ordering process with AMF so far for all of you that are worried.

1. It DOES take a long time from ordering to actually getting it - but from what I can work out they carry very little stock and in this case, imagine trying to get all the gems on the dail and bezel to match "just right", so if you can't wait to get a heavily modified watch just buy one from a TD and you'll have it way quicker but it won't be modded.

2. The thought of sending the $A5,000 odd to them BEFORE they even start is a worry but they have been great to deal with - sure it could be a "risk" but when an original costs about $A900,000 now and even one "aftermarket" is $A100,000 on Chrono 24 I think you should take the risk.

3. From the QC's of the finished watch the ONLY thing I think some "expert" will be able to call you out on is the weight and because the case back was different to the earlier ones, they can't add weight.

4. So, so far I'm a very happy fella. Admittedly I haven't got the watch yet BUT correspondence has been good BUT DON'T ANNOY THEM - they will contact you along the process of building but not as frequent as we are used to in Australia.