• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Interesting view on Gun Control--------Strong Language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
Look, I never implied I was "going to take on the military"..but, look what happened during Katrina..it's conceivable that during a major crisis, all hell will break loose, and I want to be armed..not everybody's a "nice guy" like you..

And if your family is hungry after the disaster, you have a gun and your neighbor is unarmed... winner winner chicken dinner.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
That's funny and ironic. I know a guy who's been unemployed for 2 years. He is about to lose his home , but is always posting pics on FB of his guns and ammo purchased.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
That's funny and ironic. I know a guy who's been unemployed for 2 years. He is about to lose his home , but is always posting pics on FB of his guns and ammo purchased.

.....poor bastard.."hope and change" became "hope for some spare change", hmmm?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I like how Phil purposely makes these posts so he can sit back and laugh at the comments.

Phil = Ultimate Troll level ! :hehehe:

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I never get involved in polical BS because no one ever wins. That being said, here is a personal experience I will share.

About 2 years ago I was traveling for work and my wife and kids were home alone. 2am some arsehole decided he was going to pry open my back sliding glass door and do who knows what. Fortunately it set off my alarm and woke my wife who armed herself, grabed the kids and locked themselves in the master bedroom until the police showed up. Luckily for everyone the guy ran off and never went upstairs. Most woman don't have the physical strength to fight off a grown man but at least she had a fighting chance if his intentions were to do harm.

Phil G

29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
I like how Phil purposely makes these posts so he can sit back and laugh at the comments.

Phil = Ultimate Troll level ! :hehehe:

d'oh......It wasn't meant to be so, honest.

We have to accept that the USA and Europe are built on different foundations. Europe evolved over many hundreds of years through many wars (including civil wars)
Our rights to own weapons for self defence eroded many years ago here in Britain. We were allowed handguns for sporting use only and that was taken away from us in 1997 with the reform of the Firearms Act.

We are allowed Black Powder pistols and rifles (not self-loading though) and an oddity call Long Barrel Revolver that are modified handguns.

The USA was built by explorers and pioneers settling in a new land and having to defend themselves against wild animals and the indigenous population. We have no wild animals here that could be seen as a threat to man. No bears, wild cats or other nasty bastards they would have us for their lunch.

I frequently visit friends in Westport CT and while I feel safe in that town some of the other place we've stayed at I would have felt more comfortable having a handgun just to feel secure.

I owned handguns for decades and would shoot about 20,000 a year in practice and competitions, shooting was a passion and I say with every modesty, I'm good at it.

My four children would come to the range with me from the age of 5yrs using a single shot 22 Webley. As they got old they used multi shot handguns, my middle son became one of the youngest to be granted a Firearms certificate. None of them developed an unhealthy attitude to Firearms, they could strip/clean pistols and use any of our three Dillon reloading presses.

So I support anyone's rights to own a handgun for sporting/defence subject to the usual background checks.

Getting back to the video, would you trust that crazy-eyed idiot of a security guard?

tomhorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/08
The USA was built by explorers and pioneers settling in a new land and having to defend themselves against wild animals and the indigenous population.

No, the USA was formed by a bunch of people who felt like they were being oppressed by their rulers. They took up arms to overthrow that rule so they could govern themselves, and that is why the Second Amendment was put into the Bill of Rights. The Founding Fathers wanted to make sure that if the new government they were putting in place ended up being just as oppressive as the last, that the people could take up arms against it too. They also knew that it was going to take awhile before other foreign governments would accept the new country and they wanted to be sure they could raise a 'militia' quickly if they needed to defend the new republic.

Settling a new land with wild animals and an indigenous population had nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

I don't own a gun, and quite frankly haven't ever lived anywhere that I thought it was necessary or feared for my safety. Having said that, I will defend any citizen's right to own one as long as it's part of the Constitution on those grounds alone. It's the law of the land, and one of our basic rights.

If the anti-gun lobby wants to change the Constitution, then as far as I'm concerned, they can knock themselves out. Until then, they can't take away the guns, no matter how much they want to.

Phil G

29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
Tomhorn/ Tommy boy, I think you're missing my point. The English, and later the British, were among the most important colonizers of the Americas, and their American empire came to rival the Spanish American colonies in military and economic might.

In Jamestown in 1607 the people were explorers and pioneers settling in a new land and having to defend themselves against wild animals and the indigenous population and as such the nation developed with the use of firearms.

It was over 150yrs later the Revolution happened, greatly assisted by the French who supplied arms, soldiers and their Navy. Such was the extent of their involvement that France was nearly bankrupted by this action.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
The RWI Gun Safe Forum Guidelines The purpose of the RWI Gun Safe Forum is to provide a place for firearm owners and shooting enthusiasts to share and discuss one of the human male’s favorite topics…GUNS! We (the RWI Staff) know that firearms can be a very volatile subject, especially with such a large international member base. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that this forum is NOT for the discussion AGAINST firearms. If you personally are against the private ownership of firearms, we respect your position but would politely encourage you to steer clear of this forum. Political topics are allowed, but ONLY within a very narrow scope. If there is some sort of pending legislation (pro or con) that your fellow enthusiasts should be aware of, that can and should be posted. However, discussions that devolve into attacking a particular political viewpoint or related topic will not be tolerated.

All that being said, who else in this discussion is former American military and prior LEO like myself?

I support 2A, because from the time you dial 911 until the time help arrives you or the person/people love can end up very dead.

Everyone else I have ever met that is anti 2A has no real world experience in dealing with or fighting bad guys, and their opinion is worth about as much as any other free opinions/advice given on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.