• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Sales Rules

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
I'm being a post-whore tonight anyways so why not... This is simply a re-post of the sales rules sticky in the sales section. I thought it would be beneficial for everyone to read and have some possible productive dialogue about them. Since the sticky is closed it does not afford us the opportunity to BUMP them.

I'd like to see a rule added that when a watch sells the seller MUST make a "Sold" post in the thread along with the "Nickname" of the person who bought it. I believe this could help stop scammers sooner.

We also have a "high value" sales rule for items $700 or more. I'd like to see it dropped and have it be a combined item value of $700 or more for non-VIP members. So if you have 3 posts all $300 watches in reality you have the potential to do more damage than one $700 watch. ...this is just my .02.

Again let's keep it civil and fruitful gents. Thanks to all the mods and admin who have put these rules together FOR US and who continually modify it to better protect US.

Onto the REAL Rules!!

Eight Simple Sales (and Trade) Rules! If you don't read, we will torch you.

These rules have been drawn up by your Admin/Mod team in order to try and standardize the selling and trading of items within this section. The rules are in our opinion fair and have been drawn up with input from the general membership whom they serve.

These rules apply to sales and to trades, for reasons of simplification we just talk about "sales" from hereon.

1) First and foremost, find out if you are eligible to sell or trade here. Rules for eligibility include the following:

A) A member of RWI in good standing
B) Breathing and have a pulse

2) Registered non-VIP members may list only one (1) watch per offer and three (3) watches per 30-day period. Non-VIPs may not depict more than one watch on a picture. VIP members are entitled to unlimited sales per 30-day period and the ability to list multiple watches per sale. VIP members are encouraged to limit multiple watches to five or fewer and to post new sales only after the current five items are completed. Watch parts (cases, straps, crystals, etc) have no sales limit.

3) Photo requirements: Every watch or part listed for sale MUST have at least one or more photos including typed or handwritten tag included. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.

RWI
Your User ID
Today’s date

You should include additional photos in all positions of the watch, back, sides, front, clasp, etc. Picture sizes will need to comply with the current sales template to be able to be used. Photo size should be limited to 800 x 600. Excessively large or small photos may cause your sale to be closed and you will have to repost. There are tutorials in the forum embedding images in a forum post.

Photos must be hosted and REMAIN AVAILABLE for a minimum of three months after the sale. Deleting or moving images from your photobucket, imageshack, or any other picture service account that causes them to be unable to be viewed will constitute an infraction as well.

4) Pertinent information must be included about the watch for sale. For example:

Watch: Rolex Explorer V1
Dial: black
Movement: ETA Swiss 2836
Crystal: sapphire
Bracelet: included but shows signs of wear (see pics)
Modifications: BKLM crown installed by KATT (receipt included). Lume C1 Luminova applied by Vacuum, no receipt, but pic included.
Condition: runs fine, but loses nine seconds per day, there is also a ding on the 11 side of the bezel, desk diving scratches on the bezel
Location: watch is located in the US, but I will ship anywhere, customs seizure risk to the buyer
Price: $300 USD
Payment: PayPal--instant payment please, PayPal fees to be covered by buyer.

Note: price must be listed, as "auctioning" the item is not permitted. Accepted forms of payment must be listed, and payment by bank or wire transfer may NOT be the only option for payment. PayPal must be listed as an accepted form of payment if available in your country. Furthermore, PayPal payments sent as a "gift" must NOT be required by the seller, as this removes any buyer protection. Also, if detected, this may be viewed as fraudulent by PayPal and result in the suspension or closing of the affected accounts. If you wish to require the buyer to cover PayPal fees, this must be specified in your sales post.

Note that the more information you can provide, the faster your watch will sell and the more likely that you will draw potential customers to your sale.

SALES POSTS CANNOT BE EDITED OR MODIFIED BY THE SELLER. If updates or corrections need to be made, simply make an additional post to your sales thread, or contact a moderator or admin to make changes. This includes price changes, changes in offer, imminently pending sales, and completed sales. Once a sale is complete, please PM a mod or admin to mark the sales thread as such. Also, if you have purchased an item and have sent payment, please also post this in the thread (as there have been rare cases of items having been fraudulently sold to multiple buyers.

5) Special considerations:

Proof of genuine ETA movement should be disclosed in one of the following ways:

A) tagged picture of movement with caseback removed or visible through caseback
B) proof of original transaction from the dealer, verifying that this was sold with an ETA movement
C) have proof of watchmaker verification in the sale

If none of these conditions can be met, buyers will automatically assume it's a clone.

Modifications, repairs, and reluming: if you have had these services done to the watch, you should include:

A) proof of the service via receipt
B) pics of the repairs or the modifications done
C) have proof of watchmaker verification in the sale

If you are selling a used watch for more than a member can buy it new, you need to give detailed reasons why.

6) All watches/parts/accessories of approximately $750 or more are limited to VIP members ONLY and must be approved by an admin/mod before being posted for sale or trade.

7) Failure to comply with the above (at minimum) could result in having your thread removed. We will do our best to give you an opportunity to fix your sale with a timed deadline (typically four hours). Please remember that it is a privilege to sell here, not a right. We can nuke your sale if we, “The Staffâ€, are not comfortable with your transaction. Laziness or intent to defraud will not be tolerated. Our ultimate responsibility is to the safety of the members of RWI.

8) NOTE: refusal to adhere to the sales rules subjects the member to consideration for placement in No-sales group for a minimum of thirty days. Recurrent disregard for the sales rules subjects the member to consideration of permanent banning from the forum.

************************************************** *******************************
Please note: As sales are to be made using the RWI Sales Form and it is not available on TapaTalk, please make you sales posts from a computer and not a smart phone. All sales posted not using the Sales Form will be removed.

The purpose of the Member Replica Sales section is to give members an opportunity to buy and sell watches which otherwise not be getting wrist time. It is not for the resale of new watches, nor is it intended to be for members to sell for profit.

This does not mean that a member cannot sell a new watch. We all have purchased a watch that we thought we would like but turns out to be unsuitable in some way. However, members are not expected to sell multiple new watches without permission from staff. We do not want back door dealers here. It is not permitted on any other web forum (replica and non replica) and it will not be permitted here.

A sale is binding once the funds have been sent by the buyer and duely received by the seller. If buyer's remorse is tolerated (although not supported) before he paid, and if we do recognize the right of the seller to chose whom he wants to deal with, there is a moment when the sale is final : and as in real life, it's once the object of the deal has been paid.

PLEASE NOTE:
RWI (replica-watch.info), its owners and administrators cannot be held responsible for the outcome of sales or other agreements whether between members or between member and dealer. We will try to help resolve disputes where we can but do not guarantee the successful conclusion of any transaction made by members of this forum and will not be held responsible for financial loss incurred under any circumstances whatsoever. By engaging in a transaction with another forum member you agree to these terms.

All this being said, good luck with your sales!

The Staff at RWI

waterluver

3/7/11
JC it is ok to be a Post Whore when you are helping..keep up the good work

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I still think the intention of the rule "depict more than one watch" is very clearly meaning selling one watch (as opposed to shots for comparison to another watch not for sale)

2 cents

JC7

15/6/10
JC it is ok to be a Post Whore when you are helping..keep up the good work

Then what's your excuse for post whoring?!

tumblr_m88zitooOD1r91bgy.gif

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I'd like to see a rule added that when a watch sells the seller MUST make a "Sold" post in the thread along with the "Nickname" of the person who bought it. I believe this could help stop scammers sooner.

I've always thought this was a good idea however there are plenty of members who wish to remain anonymous before and after a sale. We have too many members hiding in the bushes and don't want to play openly with the rest of us due to the nature of this hobby, whatever that nature is :unsure:

JC7

15/6/10
I still think the intention of the rule "depict more than one watch" is very clearly meaning selling one watch (as opposed to shots for comparison to another watch not for sale)

2 cents

I agreed with you until I heard Q's explanation about being an additional benefit only afforded to VIP members. Then I was on board. There should be more additional benefits for us, besides the free gen give away once a month delivered by a Victoria Secret model reject with low self esteem who LOVES Rolex.

I've always thought this was a good idea however there are plenty of members who wish to remain anonymous before and after a sale. We have too many members hiding in the bushes and don't want to play openly with the rest of us due to the nature of this hobby, whatever that nature is :unsure:

I can see this point. ...but we're all using nicknames anyways. Unless your real name is Cybee the board is moderated by someone named Q5?. :lol:

jesseharmon81

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/10
Unless your real name is Cybee the board is moderated by someone named Q5?. :lol:

That's funny... A bunch of members think my name is Jesse Harmon, that is my neighbor and I have my watches sent to his house next door ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I can see this point. ...but we're all using nicknames anyways. Unless your real name is Cybee the board is moderated by someone named Q5?. :lol:

That's just the point, they want there nic's to remain anonymous. That's precisely why the feature exists that allows some if they so wish, to hide their nic from the rest of us.

Incidentally my real name is Moe Green.

JC7

15/6/10
That's just the point, they want there nic's to remain anonymous. That's precisely why the feature exists that allows some if they so wish, to hide their nic from the rest of us.

Incidentally my real name is Moe Green.

Hidden nic's, Moe? ...never heard of this. I know the forum has a feature so people won't know when someone is online. For example I changed my settings so I shouldn't show as online but to not want someone to know you bought a watch. I don't understand the reasoning.

wolfwood

4/2/11
There should be more additional benefits for us, besides the free gen give away once a month delivered by a Victoria Secret model reject with low self esteem who LOVES Rolex.

Wait, is this EVERY month? I MUST visit the VIP section more often! :wub:

jesseharmon81

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/10
Wait, is this EVERY month? I MUST visit the VIP section more often! :wub:

Wolf... No, that doesn't ever happen... Nothing to see here...

Whew! Close call.... JC, don't let out the secret, I think my turn is next, again ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JC7

15/6/10
the model that delivered my gen i won was the Victoria male underwear model and the gen was a timex

That was the decision you made, live with it.

...and if you consider him a "Victoria Secret model" then I bet you consider your proctologist a "doctor". He's not H20, he's just some homeless guy whom you trade bourbon for handys.

waterluver

3/7/11
That was the decision you made, live with it.

...and if you consider him a "Victoria Secret model" then I bet you consider your proctologist a "doctor". He's not H20, he's just some homeless guy whom you trade bourbon for handys.

but he is cheap