• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In the working process

Tan_Go

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Certified
17/10/20
Greetings, gentlemen.
In this thread I will show what I am working on at the moment. Perhaps you will have suggestions or questions. You are welcome :)
So, at the moment I am in the process of making a strap for a Panerai 1074. In this case, it's a long and labor intensive process.
They are vegetable tanned leather straps that I have hand embossed. The leather needs to dry completely and after that I will paint it

Tan_Go

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Certified
17/10/20
The leather straps dried, were soaked in a special chemical and afterwards subjected to the torture of coloring and patina by hand :D

This strap is reserved for Mr. @Triggerstuck

This strap has no owner yet. It can be yours if you wish. I need to know the length required

Triggerstuck

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/23
Wow. If my 1074 ever goes kaput, I’ll have to get another one or two just for that strap.

Reactions: Tan_Go

Tan_Go

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Certified
17/10/20
Wow. If my 1074 ever goes kaput, I’ll have to get another one or two just for that strap.
Before your 1074 goes kaput, you should have time to do a lot of patina on it to match the strap :D
I couldn't resist and did a lot of bronze oxide on the strap.
Ok, it's half past three in the morning here. I just finished the job and took some pictures. It's hard to get the real color of the strap in artificial light

I don't want to make a lot of holes in this strap. Please let me know where I should punch a working hole. I will add two more on either side or as many as you wish

Triggerstuck

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/23
How about the first hole 1 1/4” from the point, then two more (three total) spaced approximately one centimeter apart.

Reactions: Tan_Go

Tan_Go

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Certified
17/10/20
Well, the first strap for the PP Nautilus is done.
It's 2:00 in the morning here. I apologize if the photos are not high quality and if you see a lot of dust and smudges on the watch. I just finished the strap and immediately mounted it on the watch to see how it attaches and looks :)

Thank you for watching 😊

Tan_Go

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Certified
17/10/20
One of these straps is made to order, the other strap with the yellow layer in the centre will be for sale
Size 24/24mm, length 130/80mm :)

Reactions: Yanoptic67

Tan_Go

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Certified
17/10/20
This handsome boy is going to his new home tomorrow :)

Tan_Go

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Certified
17/10/20
Two more straps were made this week.

Strap for IWC Pilot, made of black shark leather

Strap for OWC Portuguese, made of crocodile leather

Today they too flew off to their new home. I hope they will be welcome there 😊

Reactions: Karbon74

Tan_Go

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Certified
17/10/20
This strap for the bronze Tudor was made to order this week

The strap has already been shipped to the customer. I look forward to seeing it together with the watch on the wrist of a happy customer 😁