• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IMPORTANT NOTICE. Theft and damage in our workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Damn Dude , chin up and carry on !

MSC19

Renowned Member
Supporter
8/5/20
Earth
@Nikz19 sad to hear this, not the way you were waiting for Santa for sure. But

WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU, MAKES YOU STRONGER!

Good luck with the move!

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
@Nikz19 I'm sorry, i apologize for always bothering you with my questions, I didn't know that happened.

A big hug my friend,
Giellea.

Obscuranocte

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/1/22
Italy
Why these bastards are Always around ruining people's Life?
Stay strong Nik
All my solidarity my friend

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Missed this as well, very sorry to hear about that, hopefully it wont happen again and as the boss said, it could have been worse.
Make sure you dont send 1 guy, but at least 2 and armed ones. As Im watching whats going on around the globe, it will get worse and you really dont want your guys to get followed and mugged with either set of packages.

PAM1101

Renowned Member
3/11/12
Hello Nik,
I just read it through JD's post..!
First of all, I'm so sorry about what happened to you.. - I hope that they can find this asshole quickly and maybe save some of your treasures or customer orders - yes, I know, very optimistic ..

Thank god nothing physical was done to you or your people (!) everything else can always be replaced somehow, even if it takes a while..

I wish you that the new year brings only good things for you and stay healthy!

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
THese human trash are just that... human trash...

No one wants to work and they steal from people who shed tears and blood through hard work to get where they are.

They don't deserve any kind of mercy.

hib7&

Horology Curious
24/10/22
On to a better next year! How does insurance work for companies dealing with a mix of rep & gen parts? Is the on-hand inventory subtracted from the on-paper inventory to see what went missing? Do you get any value for the rep watches/parts taken?

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
On to a better next year! How does insurance work for companies dealing with a mix of rep & gen parts? Is the on-hand inventory subtracted from the on-paper inventory to see what went missing? Do you get any value for the rep watches/parts taken?
They don’t. What will be paid is what is genuine and properly declared.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Reminds me of when I went to a well-known gray market dealer (one oft the biggest in the country) in the South of Germany last summer to pick up a gen watch in the 7k range. Despite GPS and them being Google-listed and rather well-known, once the GPS said that I arrived, it still took me a good 15 minutes of desperate search to find their actual location.

When I asked one of the owners why they're so damn hidden, he said: "Well... This is totally on purpose, at our old location we once got robbed at gun point".

Now you have to consider this: This dealer is located in a small quiet, beautiful, pictoresque and "touristy" town in Germany, not in some big city shit-slum of Berlin or Hamburg. Lol

This world is slowly becoming a global shit hole. Previously safe spots are no longer all that safe. So sad.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Well, JD’s shop got raided and robbed very recently too. And hes not in a big city either..

Aquanautilus

Renowned Member
23/9/16
I'm ashamed I've just found out about Nikz' service and sub-forum looking for replating and now read this thread.
I'm very sorry for you Nik and everyone who went through this kind of situation.
As someone who was the victim of 3 burglary attempts (one of them successful) within 2 weeks a few weeks ago, I can understand the feelings of insecurity all too well.
But I want to thank you @Nikz19 for bringing Smoke Screen up on my radar! I'll look into this as I have to reconsider a few things in this matter.
All the best!

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Taking the chance to thank everyone for the overwhelming support both here and in PM, I’ll just say new security systems took a bit longer than expected but going to be done saturday when the new safes will be delivered and installed. We’ll be fully back in business this upcoming monday.

Mr.Swackhammer

On the hunt
Certified
5/1/17
The North, Europe
Sorry to hear this @Nikz19

You will bounce back and we will support you they way we can! Having two watch heads at your shop at the moment I understand it will take more time to get back to me.

Talk soon, all the best to you and your employees!

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsby1

Starsqream

Looking Around
20/12/22
The Netherlands
Hi @Nikz19,

How are you doing? I've sent you a couple of mails regarding my order but didn't get a reply. I'd like to get a status update please. Hope you're doing fine.

Order #463

Status
Not open for further replies.