• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IMPORTANT NOTICE. Theft and damage in our workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Hi guys, I’m very sad to inform you that during the 18/12/22 night, 3.37 AM, a group of at least 2 individuals broke into our lab by cutting the steel protection on one of our windows and breaking the glass to gain access.

It was fast, 2 minutes in total, because the alarm kicked in immediately and in 45 seconds the smoke screen filled the rooms. Thanks to that, the dude inside wasn’t able to find the safe, meaning most of the valuable items are untouched.

They took 2 drawers with a bunch of spare parts both genuine and aftermarket, 3 genuine watches we had on display of our own stock and 7 rep watches belonging to customers inside a drawer of to-be-repaired watches.

The police and fire force was there long before I even knew what was happening because our security system is directly connected to them, and the culprit is clear on camera because had no face protection at all.

Let me reassure everyone about the fact that we are insured, so even though the rep watches cannot be declared for a refund, every customer will get back every single penny of their belongings. We’ll be using the insurance cash of our own spare parts stolen to pay back.
Each customer that I’m aware of at this moment has already been noticed in private, everything I ask is a bit of understanding and patience for the insurance to pay back and have them a new watch with the agreed work or money for what they lost.

This shitty situation will force us to close sooner this year for Christmas “holidays”: it’s worth nothing that I’m not feeling safe anymore where we are and during this time we’re moving to a new place and new precautions will be put in place. For one, we’re suspending the possibility to visit us in person and second, every shipping will now be to a delivery center and not our new lab address for safety reasons. Once a week, one of my guys will be going there to collect customers packages and ship out completed watches.

I’m going to be fully back in business January 10. It’s a shit world we’re living in but we’re going to get up stronger.
Thanks everyone for the understanding and have a good Christmas with your family.
Nik

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
This is really horrible... Especially to happen so close to the holidays. Sorry you're having to deal with this nightmare.

Fortunately the taint-stain did not manage to access the safe, but still a shame they were able to take what they did... I'm glad to hear the insurance should cover the loss & that you'll be able to recoup..

Wish you a pleasant holidays mate..

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
That’s terrible Nic, hope police can find these peoples. Keep your time to solve your things and then i’m sure that then you’ll come back stronger than before.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
What’s sad is that while this should be a little free time to spend in family, we’re forced to work and move.
A new place has been found already and stuff is packed: in 10 days at most everything will be ready for a fresh start. It’s going to be a damn bunker.
You really can’t understand how someone can break in your property with the whole security systems we have unless it happens, but when it does you can make sure you’ll know how to prevent that happen again.

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
Damn, I missed this somehow. Sorry to hear about this Nik. I wish you the best of luck getting back into action. Make sure you spend some time with the fam anyway. It will do you good my friend.

Reactions: AG91

vonG

6/9/10
Best wishes for a quick resolution to this awful situation.
Thieves......

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I was really sorry when I heard about this Nic and thank you for informing us as soon as you could. I am sorry this is going to take up your holiday period and it is a terrible feeling to be broken into.

At some stage this will just be a dim and distant memory. It is shit at the start but with the work that you do this is just a speed bump. In the long run things will be better.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Ya, not good but at least the loss was kept to a minimum mate, it could have been worse. Kudos to you for taking care of your customer's losses first, I hope you are back up and running better than ever as soon as possible and that those responsible are found. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they try to sell those reps to someone (as I'm sure they think they scored gens) and hopefully it will be the wrong kind of someone to make that mistake with!

jetsby1

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
4/4/22
NYC
I’m sorry to hear that Nik, it’s truly terrible that this has happened to you guys especially during the holidays. For someone who has experienced a break-in before I’m just hoping everyone is safe and unharmed as things can always be replaced. Hopefully the damage was minimal.

All the best.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Wow that is harsh, deeply sorry for that Nikz. Hope things will get sorted out and no major loss comes from that shit.

Cheers and all the best mate 🙏🙏🙏💪

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
I’m sorry to hear this. I hope things will be fine.

Best wishes and I hope things will sort out in your way.

Charis_freya

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/1/21
Hi Nik,
i am sorry for this, I hope you can manage everthing. Even now, right beforte the holidays, it is a balast in your brain, that hopefully wont damage your time with your family during those days.
I whish you a happy new and succesfull start for 2023.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
I hope they find those mother effers soon! And when they do, make sure to give their names to our Brig masters who will make mince meat of them more than law enforcement!

Status
Not open for further replies.