• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I will never post questions here!

Beavercreek Dan

Do not accept unsolicited offers
2/3/23
Beavercreek, Ohio USA
I stumbled upon this forum when I was looking for a watch. Anyhow, there's a ton of good info here and I have made good use of it, thank you very much for this site. BUT as I spend hours reading here I find this place to be full of rude and condescending members just waiting to dehumanize anybody that risks asking a question. It's a shame really.

I belong to cooking forums, BBQ forums, photography forums etc and have never seen anything like how people are treated here. It's so sad that a member can't ask a simple question without getting slammed for it. So I'll just stay a quiet member and just roll my eyes when I see those condescending remarks. I guess a lot of people forget they too were once new and are a little lost here. I dont understand why the mods allow this behavior, but it's not my place. When in, say, a cooking forum and someone asks a (Silly to me) question I try to be nice and even give links to answer their questions. I can ask questions and Get very helpful answers from the more advanced then I, not READ THE FOURMS AND STOP WAISTING OUR TIME! type comments. Isn't that the point of a forum, to encourage and help people with the subject of the form? Not digitally yell at them for not knowing something? I can only speak for myself but everything I know, there was a time I didn't know and learned from others or trial and error.

Well thats my rant for the day. Good night.

RepPossessed

100 watches in the uk 🤌🏼
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Hahaha doesn’t ask a question in fear of getting criticised but comes to rant..

genius

My only response is, I see things like this everywhere, instagram, facebook, you tube, and if you’re offended by that you just need to pull up your big boy pants and not be so sensitive.
I smell popcorn…

Last edited:

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Thanks for the heads up. I’m certain RWI was fully dependent of your opinions and contributions. We will now shut down forever.

Nothing best than saying thank you for the forum but then saying fuck you for how we are.

Sometimes it really is best to stay quiet. I hope that you’ll keep your promise in doing so.

Last edited:

Gab miyamoto

Admiral
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
DXB
There is no place for sensitivity here my friends, we take everything with sportsmanship...

My prescription to you just take prozac 20mg at the morning time and in the evening alprazolam ( xanax) 0.5 mg and all will be fine.

Sycc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/23
USA
Hahaha doesn’t ask a question in fear of getting criticised but comes to rant..

genius

My only response is, I see things like this everywhere, instagram, facebook, you tube, and if you’re offended by that you just need to pull up your big boy pants and not be so sensitive.
I smell popcorn…
You didn't know? Words/opinions on the internet hurt, and can/will cause loss of sleep, self confidence, and more :(

Reactions: RepPossessed

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
I stumbled upon this forum when I was looking for a watch. Anyhow, there's a ton of good info here and I have made good use of it, thank you very much for this site. BUT as I spend hours reading here I find this place to be full of rude and condescending members just waiting to dehumanize anybody that risks asking a question. It's a shame really.

I belong to cooking forums, BBQ forums, photography forums etc and have never seen anything like how people are treated here. It's so sad that a member can't ask a simple question without getting slammed for it. So I'll just stay a quiet member and just roll my eyes when I see those condescending remarks. I guess a lot of people forget they too were once new and are a little lost here. I dont understand why the mods allow this behavior, but it's not my place. When in, say, a cooking forum and someone asks a (Silly to me) question I try to be nice and even give links to answer their questions. I can ask questions and Get very helpful answers from the more advanced then I, not READ THE FOURMS AND STOP WAISTING OUR TIME! type comments. Isn't that the point of a forum, to encourage and help people with the subject of the form? Not digitally yell at them for not knowing something? I can only speak for myself but everything I know, there was a time I didn't know and learned from others or trial and error.

Well thats my rant for the day. Good night.
Kansas City Chiefs Kiss GIF by DICK'S Sporting Goods

Buh-Baaahye Snowflake Dan! 😘

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
PS: We still won't give you the link to the best Sub.

That link remains reserved for members of the Old Boys Club who have proven to NOT be too thin skinned to take a snarky, but lighthearted comment or feeling "dehumanized" for being told to read the damn FAQs or manuals. 😂

promax01

Rep watch for life
Supporter
Certified
19/11/22
Conus
Rude people are everywhere brother, Facebook group, reddit, YouTube comments section and any forum.

Last edited:

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
There is no place for sensitivity here my friends, we take everything with sportsmanship...

My prescription to you just take prozac 20mg at the morning time and in the evening alprazolam ( xanax) 0.5 mg and all will be fine.
Right you are, Admiral.

Reactions: Gab miyamoto

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Rude people are everywhere brother, Facebook group, reddit, YouTube comments section and any forum.
Right on, bro!

You forgot Instadumb, Tik Dork, Snapshit, Shitter, and Toiletgram... Lots of rude folks!

Just on RWI, there are absolutely none...only place on the whole interwebbings without rude people!

Swearing Wife Swap GIF by Paramount Network

CentralCal

Brig Survivor, October 2023, Never Forget ✊
Gold Patron
Certified
4/6/13
My two 🪙

This forum is a relatively tight-knit community, and a lot of the members are HIGHLY knowledgeable about this hobby. I would argue many are vastly more knowledgeable than the "experts" found on gen forums.

Far far far too many before you have created accounts with the sole intent of asking one or two questions and never coming back. Never adding to the conversation. Likewise, far far far far far far too many before you have created accounts with the sole intent of buying a rep M2M and never coming back.

Every (or nearly every) question you could possibly imagine regarding this hobby has already been asked/answered, and can be found with relative ease using the search function.

The members here take a lot of pride in this place, so understandably anyone who comes here, with (apparently) no intent to join the conversation, wishing only to suck out the forum's valuable nutrients, is going to be looked upon suspiciously.

Picture a local cigar shop; leather club chairs, mahogany wainscoting, sports airing on a TV in the corner, several regulars discussing the new Rocky Patel in the smoke filled air. Against the far wall is a large walk-in humidor with hundreds/thousands of fine cigars, all with different flavor profiles, complexities, richness, strength, origin, smootheness, etc. Each one of these cigars is either in a box bearing a detailed description, or has a label created by the shop owner detailing it's qualities. Now picture Cigarman75 walking in for the first time, completely ignoring the humidor, the labels, the heated cigar discussion, standing right in the middle of the shop and asking, "Who makes the best Robusto!?" What kind of response do you think Cigarman75 would get?

Imagine the same scenario at a comic book shop, or a country club. Hell, most any other place where hobbyists congregate. I imagine, I mean my best educated/experienced guess (because I partake / have-partaken in those above hobbies), is Cigar/Comic/Golfman75 would be side-eyed. "The humidor is that way kid." "New releases are that way pal." "Every set of clubs is different buddy, do some research."

From what I have experienced new members whom introduce themselves, and put in even minimal effort are welcomed warmly and their questions are happily answered (or they're pointed in the right direction).

With all that said, I respectfully invite you to kiss my butthole.

Gab miyamoto

Admiral
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
DXB
Right on, bro!

You forgot Instadumb, Tik Dork, Snapshit, Shitter, and Toiletgram... Lots of rude folks!

Just on RWI, there are absolutely none...only place on the whole interwebbings without rude people!

Swearing Wife Swap GIF by Paramount Network

Reactions: eBoy

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
What the fuck is it with the precious snowflakes cropping up around here lately? :ROFLMAO:

Buddy, everyone says dumb shit now and then (Lord knows I do) and everyone gets called out for it. Yes, the dogpiling can go too far on rare occasion. You will usually see the resident babysitters correct the matter when it happens, though. The only real difference between you and those of us who like to hang around here (well, most of us) is growing the fuck up and learning not to be so dramatic. There’s fun to be had on both ends of the matter once you dig the stick out of your ass.

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
There's a lot of knowledge to be found on this forum. Sometimes you'll get schooled. The ones that respond with negative and self-righteous attitudes backed by their massive gen collections will usually have a hard time. But if you can have some humility and don't take yourself too seriously, things will be alright :)

Reactions: mclarendude

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
My two 🪙

This forum is a relatively tight-knit community, and a lot of the members are HIGHLY knowledgeable about this hobby. I would argue many are vastly more knowledgeable than the "experts" found on gen forums.

Far far far too many before you have created accounts with the sole intent of asking one or two questions and never coming back. Never adding to the conversation. Likewise, far far far far far far too many before you have created accounts with the sole intent of buying a rep M2M and never coming back.

Every (or nearly every) question you could possibly imagine regarding this hobby has already been asked/answered, and can be found with relative ease using the search function.

The members here take a lot of pride in this place, so understandably anyone who comes here, with (apparently) no intent to join the conversation, wishing only to suck out the forum's valuable nutrients, is going to be looked upon suspiciously.

Picture a local cigar shop; leather club chairs, mahogany wainscoting, sports airing on a TV in the corner, several regulars discussing the new Rocky Patel in the smoke filled air. Against the far wall is a large walk-in humidor with hundreds/thousands of fine cigars, all with different flavor profiles, complexities, richness, strength, origin, smootheness, etc. Each one of these cigars is either in a box bearing a detailed description, or has a label created by the shop owner detailing it's qualities. Now picture Cigarman75 walking in for the first time, completely ignoring the humidor, the labels, the heated cigar discussion, standing right in the middle of the shop and asking, "Who makes the best Robusto!?" What kind of response do you think Cigarman75 would get?

Imagine the same scenario at a comic book shop, or a country club. Hell, most any other place where hobbyists congregate. I imagine, I mean my best educated/experienced guess (because I partake / have-partaken in those above hobbies), is Cigar/Comic/Golfman75 would be side-eyed. "The humidor is that way kid." "New releases are that way pal." "Every set of clubs is different buddy, do some research."

From what I have experienced new members whom introduce themselves, and put in even minimal effort are welcomed warmly and their questions are happily answered (or they're pointed in the right direction).

With all that said, I respectfully invite you to kiss my butthole.
Clapping Applause GIF

If you don't mind, I will save this somewhere to my phone, so that I can pull it up and paste it as a response for the next whiny man-toddler who pops in here and complains about some delusional and imagined "dehumanization" — just because we dared to not comfortably spoon-feed him with easily self-accessible information and even had the audacity to deny him the secret link(s) to the best Sub and/or Datejust.

Which will probably happen within the next 7 minutes....

...5 times or more.

Reactions: rolex4me

CentralCal

Brig Survivor, October 2023, Never Forget ✊
Gold Patron
Certified
4/6/13
Clapping Applause GIF

If you don't mind, I will save this somewhere to my phone, so that I can pull it up and paste it as a response for the next whiny man-toddler who pops in here and complains about some delusional and imagined "dehumanization" — just because we dared to not comfortably spoon-feed him with easily self-accessible information and even had the audacity to deny him the secret link(s) to the best Sub and/or Datejust.

Which will probably happen within the next 7 minutes....

...5 times or more.

Only if you tell me who makes the best Sub

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy and rolex4me