• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I will never post questions here!

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
There is an ignore function?
Confused Trevor Jackson GIF by grown-ish
Learn Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I’m genuinely curious now, although good or bad I want to hear everyone’s voice🤪
Suppress Civil War GIF by TheFIREorg
Don't ask me, man. I don't know the ignore function, either. I wouldn't use it in any case, my mom always said "Don't be an ignorant!"

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

Oh Crap

Getting To Know The Place
7/3/23
Ireland
I stumbled upon this forum when I was looking for a watch. Anyhow, there's a ton of good info here and I have made good use of it, thank you very much for this site. BUT as I spend hours reading here I find this place to be full of rude and condescending members just waiting to dehumanize anybody that risks asking a question. It's a shame really.

I belong to cooking forums, BBQ forums, photography forums etc and have never seen anything like how people are treated here. It's so sad that a member can't ask a simple question without getting slammed for it. So I'll just stay a quiet member and just roll my eyes when I see those condescending remarks. I guess a lot of people forget they too were once new and are a little lost here. I don't understand why the mods allow this behavior, but it's not my place. When in, say, a cooking forum and someone asks a (Silly to me) question I try to be nice and even give links to answer their questions. I can ask questions and get very helpful answers from the more advanced then I, not READ THE FOURMS AND STOP WAISTING OUR TIME! type comments. Isn't that the point of a forum, to encourage and help people with the subject of the form? Not digitally yelling at them for not knowing something? I can only speak for myself but everything I know, there was a time I didn't know and learned from others or trial and error.

Well that's my rant for t

The ignore function is useful
Eh excuse my noobie questions, but can this function be used at home?
You know for the wife 🫣🫣

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
@Cheesegrater Don't push it, dude. You will apologize to me and the other member for calling us 'idiots' in above post... Or...

I will, and I'm serious, continue to say that...

i hate you GIF by Meghan Tonjes

🤪

PS: You still don't get a Daytona at retail by just walking into an AD. And besides, could you take a high-res photo of your "gens that could buy a gen forum member's home" and put a tag with your RWI name next to it (so that we see it's not sourced from Google), please? I'm interested to see if you are the first noob in the history of RWI, claiming to have gens in the 100s of thousands, who actually can...

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
That lasted a bit before someone picked up on the BBQ forums, I was waiting for that.
@Cheesegrater I meant to ask, but I forgot.... I can't remember any run-ins with you? Or did @eBoy , the old scoundrel?

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
That lasted a bit before someone picked up on the BBQ forums, I was waiting for that.
@Cheesegrater I meant to ask, but I forgot.... I can't remember any run-ins with you? Or did @eBoy , the old scoundrel?

I had an eye on him since he signed up, to be perfectly honest, as I noticed that he likes to be aggressive in tone, often brags about his supposed riches, even tries to instigate etc. but until now no paths crossed much, except in that sales thread he references.

If the name calling from his side continues, I'll discuss this internally...

Reactions: KushBandit

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I stumbled upon this forum when I was looking for a watch. Anyhow, there's a ton of good info here and I have made good use of it, thank you very much for this site. BUT as I spend hours reading here I find this place to be full of rude and condescending members just waiting to dehumanize anybody that risks asking a question. It's a shame really.

I belong to cooking forums, BBQ forums, photography forums etc and have never seen anything like how people are treated here. It's so sad that a member can't ask a simple question without getting slammed for it. So I'll just stay a quiet member and just roll my eyes when I see those condescending remarks. I guess a lot of people forget they too were once new and are a little lost here. I dont understand why the mods allow this behavior, but it's not my place. When in, say, a cooking forum and someone asks a (Silly to me) question I try to be nice and even give links to answer their questions. I can ask questions and Get very helpful answers from the more advanced then I, not READ THE FOURMS AND STOP WAISTING OUR TIME! type comments. Isn't that the point of a forum, to encourage and help people with the subject of the form? Not digitally yell at them for not knowing something? I can only speak for myself but everything I know, there was a time I didn't know and learned from others or trial and error.

Well thats my rant for the day. Good night.
I think this only happens when people don’t use the search bar for basic questions, like “where can I get the best sub” or something similar. I’ve found when you have a detailed question that people go well above what’s expected for total strangers on a forum.

Reactions: Feefo and tkingjr

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter

I belong to cooking forums, BBQ forums, photography forums etc and have never seen anything like how people are treated here. It's so sad that a member can't ask a simple question without getting slammed for it. So I'll just stay a quiet member and just roll my eyes when I see those condescending remarks. I guess a lot of people forget they too were once new and are a little lost here. I dont understand why the mods allow this behavior, but it's not my place. When in, say, a cooking forum and someone asks a (Silly to me) question I try to be nice and even give links to answer their questions. I can ask questions and Get very helpful answers from the more advanced then I, not READ THE FOURMS AND STOP WAISTING OUR TIME! type comments. Isn't that the point of a forum, to encourage and help people with the subject of the form? Not digitally yell at them for not knowing something? I can only speak for myself but everything I know, there was a time I didn't know and learned from others or trial and error.

Well thats my rant for the day. Good night.
I think this only happens when people don’t use the search bar for basic questions, like “where can I get the best sub” or something similar. I’ve found when you have a detailed question that people go well above what’s expected for total strangers on a forum.

Reactions: tkingjr