• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I put in a Raffles 14060 dial.

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/10/19
The bezel on the BP is a little narrower, but the rehaut opening is wider, so the dial looks nice, but the opening on the JF is a little narrower, so the seconds line under the SWISS MADE is not visible.

HqD8up.jpeg

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/10/19
The BP bezel insert was ruined and now an external insert has been installed but the luminous points are not good.
I am looking for an insert with the correct luminous point, but the BP insert is a little small and I would like an insert that fits.

HqDBIF.jpeg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The BP bezel insert was ruined and now an external insert has been installed but the luminous points are not good.
I am looking for an insert with the correct luminous point, but the BP insert is a little small and I would like an insert that fits.

HqDBIF.jpeg
If you still have the BP insert, you can swap over its pip. Very easy on an aluminum insert. I've done it many times, the BP pips are very good.

Reactions: trash3939

ronin007

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
8/10/12
Kent England
im pretty sure mine we or the watch guy I used slightly sanded my tc 16610 insert a bit and it fitted pretty good ,we changed the crown as well ,its either a gen or the tc,would have to check my old messages

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/10/19
If you still have the BP insert, you can swap over its pip. Very easy on an aluminum insert. I've done it many times, the BP pips are very good.
Will the BP luminous points be implanted in the bezel insert currently on the watch?

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/10/19
im pretty sure mine we or the watch guy I used slightly sanded my tc 16610 insert a bit and it fitted pretty good ,we changed the crown as well ,its either a gen or the tc,would have to check my old messages
It looks like it would be difficult to cut the bezel insert cleanly, but I'll give it a try.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Will the BP luminous points be implanted in the bezel insert currently on the watch?
I'm not sure what you mean by "luminous points". I'm talking about the pearl, commonly referred to as the "pip".

$6.61 10%OFF | Silver/Golden Border Luminous Watch Bezel Pearl Point Parts,Watch Parts Green Luminescence Bezel Jewel for Rlx Watch Bezel

It is possible to swap a pearl while the insert is installed. You have to remove the existing one first of course. If you can tap the old one off with some gentle to moderate side taps using a blunted toothpick after taping off the aluminum, then re-gluing a new one is simple. Some glue may spread to the bezel underneath but would be of no consequence if you're careful with the amount and the click / click spring is not close by.

It is a much easier task with the insert removed. Tape the pearl on top, glue from the bottom

Zs6yZS.jpg

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
It is possible to swap a pearl while the insert is installed. You have to remove the existing one first of course.
I use acetone (i.e nail polish remover) first to remove the glue. The pip comes out easier and runs less risk of the insert cracking.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
is the old pip reusable after? or is it dead?
No damage to the pip at all and it still glows. Just dip it in the acetone. Then wash off after so you can apply glue to the back of the new pip.

Last edited:

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/10/19
Are there any other makers that have a good base for this project?
When using BP16610LN's 2824 as a base, the dial was cut to fit the case.
The JF16610LN has a 3135 movement, so the feet do not match.
We cut off the legs and attached them to the movement.
The opening of JF case is 28.5mm, so the dial could be inserted without modification.

I made it with these two watches, but I think TC16610 can be used as well as C Master.

I originally had this watch made using Raffles' 14060 case, but I wanted to replace the bezel and glass of the Raffles case itself, so I broke it (laugh).

I had BP and JF, but I also have ARF and TC.
I don't have the skills. I will leave these two as 16610.