• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need a push..... (Moon Watch vs. Broad Arrow)

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
I own a gen speedmaster reduced auto (near the moonwatch), it is a fantastic watch.

Can wear with suit and in the beach, go to the moonwatch, you won't to be disapointed.

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
daytona4me said:
Am I the only one here who makes any sense?????

The Answer: BOTH! :x

:

D4M is right and beat me to that suggestion. But it really is easy. Flip a coin and buy one then move the other to the top of your "buy" list.

Higgy 8)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
broad arrow all the way and i highly recomend ruby's 113. it is the best version avaliable.

WatchDude13

Renowned Member
3/11/06
Pugwash said:
This seems to be a hard choice for you. What I advise is to let it be sorted out over a Google Fight.

Boo-yah!

LMAO!!

I had it in my basket last night, but decided I should wait until the new year or until I get my bonus (I plan on buying a HDTV, a new camera, maybe a watch and then stick the rest away for a rainy day). Here's to hoping the boss man doesn't nix the bonuses this year!

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Wow... some people have huge bonus.. I would be happy if I could get a rep with mine :lol:

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Vric said:
Wow... some people have huge bonus.. I would be happy if I could get a rep with mine :lol:
Mine should cover one of your regular fancy watches like a gen Sub for instance, but unfortunately, it's paying for my house move. :shock:

However, it's the last I'm getting for a long time as being Self-employed doesn't pay bonuses.

wanmadtim

26/3/06
I'm not a huge fan of Omega, not that i hate them or anything.....they just havent appealed to me much.......with the exception of the Broad Arrow. I think the blue against the white gives the watch a nice quality. No contest in my opinion, you have to get the Broad Arrow.

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Simple..............get both :lol:

Seriously Broad Arrow.

vaccum

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Pugwash said:
Can the Broad Arrow do this?

nato-01.jpg

Or look this cool?

moon-01-640.jpg

Did the Broad Arrow go to the Moon?

Moon-Final%208.jpg

Your photo skills are awsome. I guess I need to try PS and get a light box.

vaccum

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
You know as I looked at this post I was going to say the Broad Arrow. Then here comes Pugs with his pics. God you make them look good. Go with the Moon Watch the crystal is what does it for me. BTW Pugs I've got the IWC GST Ti coming I couldn't resist the urge thanks for all the great pictures.

Sean K

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
wanmadtim said:
I'm not a huge fan of Omega, not that i hate them or anything.....they just havent appealed to me much.......with the exception of the Broad Arrow. I think the blue against the white gives the watch a nice quality. No contest in my opinion, you have to get the Broad Arrow.

you captured my feelings exactly i don't dislike them but i don't have any of them either. i'm not sure it is worth buying a rep that is that far off from gen when the gen don't cost that much to begine with. i had a new white with blue broad arrow moon phase offered two or 3 months ago for 4,000.00. omegas that i am intrested in are not that expensive and the rep speedy's are so far off from gen it's pitifull. used po's are 1,600.00.

with all that said i really like the white with blue broad arrow.

WatchDude13

Renowned Member
3/11/06
Okay, bonus in hand (although only half of what I pulled in last year :( ) - I'm gettin' ready.

Question about the Moon. I thought full sized was 42mm and "Reduced" was 38mm. Looks like Andrew & Joshua sell a 40mm version. Is that the full sized or the reduced (or another)? Anyone know if it has the domed crystal too?

Thanks,
WD

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
It's supposed to be the full, but it's smaller. And if you're very interested in accuracy, it is domed, more so than the original in fact and more rounded. I've never seen the reduced in person, so it may be closer to that wrt the crystal.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
gjermund123 said:
It's supposed to be the full, but it's smaller. And if you're very interested in accuracy, it is domed, more so than the original in fact and more rounded. I've never seen the reduced in person, so it may be closer to that wrt the crystal.
The one I got from Precious Time is 42mm and ... well, you've seen the pics.

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
Hm..that's where I got mine as well. Looking closer, I may have been fooled...I didn't actually measure it, I just had a look. I think the difference actually lies in the dial of the rep being smaller. Something like 2mm smaller. Is it the same as in the "reduced" rep, perhaps?

I did quick measure now, with a tape measure..Original is 40mm while the rep is 39 across excluding crown.