• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need a push..... (Moon Watch vs. Broad Arrow)

WatchDude13

Renowned Member
3/11/06
Thanks for clickin' on this link.....

I am torn between the Broad Arrow w/ White Dial (Lemania Manual)
OMG0037B.JPG

And the "Moon Watch" (same movement)
OMG0036.JPG

Right now, I am the proud owener of: PAM 183h (Joshua), PAM 005 (Davidsen), IWC Ingenieur (Andrew), and a Rolex GMTII (Gen). I don't have a white dial, so I am leaning towards the Broad Arrow - but I plan on purchasing a 113 or 114 and I don't need a bunch of white dials (the 113 or 114 is a certainty!). I know the Broad Arrow is more of a fantasy watch, this is the one case that I don't care - it is beautiful! However, the "Moon Watch" is a classic and it sings to me too!

It is really a 50-50 right now. They are both beautiful, both 'wink' at me, yet I can only do one right now.

What do I do? Give me a push..... :wink:

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
Let me say it before Pug...

It's been on the friggin' MOON.

Thats all I'm going to say.

RB

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Broad Arrow, no question.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Can the Broad Arrow do this?

nato-01.jpg

Or look this cool?

moon-01-640.jpg

Did the Broad Arrow go to the Moon?

Moon-Final%208.jpg

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
BIG fan of the moon myself - I think its a little more dressy. The arrow is great, more casual imo.

hmmmm, you need both - that was easy ;)

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
I didn't think it was possible for the moon watch to look good, but Pugwash has done it. [smilie=notworthy.gif]

dluddy

Known Member
28/10/06
Too hard to choose. I can only say this....Someday you have to own the Speedy Moon. It's a must have 8)

Niko

Renowned Member
25/7/06
I'd go moonwatch, but they are both great.

If you can set it up like Pug, then you have a winner!

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Am I the only one here who makes any sense?????

The Answer: BOTH! :x

Seriously, I would have to say the Moon but...... :?: are all your reps Black faced?
If so,, I might lean towards the broad arrow (which may be why you are considering it ??? No ?? )
You cant go wrong with the Moon, for most, the broad arrow is a love / hate thing, not a lot in between.
How big are you on accuracy? If that's all you care about, stay away from the broad arrow because, if I'm not mistaking,, not very accurate.

P.S. you are now obligated to post pics when you make your purchase! :wink:

Up4anything

Known Member
14/5/06
jburton said:
I didn't think it was possible for the moon watch to look good, but Pugwash has done it. [smilie=notworthy.gif]

LOL :D

Not sure if I should slap you for insulting the Moonwatch - I'm obligated to defend her honor :D or laugh at the fact that, yeah, Pug could probably make a dog turd look good :)

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
WatchDude13 said:
Right now, I am the proud owener of: PAM 183h (Joshua), PAM 005 (Davidsen), IWC Ingenieur (Andrew), and a Rolex GMTII (Gen). I don't have a white dial, so I am leaning towards the Broad Arrow - but I plan on purchasing a 113 or 114 and I don't need a bunch of white dials (the 113 or 114 is a certainty!). I know the Broad Arrow is more of a fantasy watch, this is the one case that I don't care - it is beautiful! However, the "Moon Watch" is a classic and it sings to me too!

It is really a 50-50 right now. They are both beautiful, both 'wink' at me, yet I can only do one right now.

What do I do? Give me a push..... :wink:

Broad Arrow isn't really a "fantasy watch", it's more of a "hybrid". There are lots of older Speedmasters that came with the broad arrow hands... AND without datewheel.

xxxaaa.jpg

moon.jpg

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
PS: I couldn't decide. I love them both equally. Although I only owned the "reduced" version of the rep.

xxx.jpg

comp_ending.jpg

crick

1/8/06
traditional moonwatch. it has more stories for you to tell.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Anyway, since the good old Broad Arrow is impossible to find (new one have flat glass, different hand, different dial) you better go with the Moon Watch.

So: If you find a good old BA, give it to me :lol: Else, go with Moon.

david-syd

Renowned Member
25/5/06
get the Moon watch first....

then later on buy the broad arrow.

The moon watch is such a classic .u cant go wrong.