• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I learned about rep movements with Katt's services.

Godly35

11/6/15
And yes, I have informed mod and opened a ticket as seller is stand by his CRAWZY guideline. There is nothing I can do at this point.

Ok let's get this straight, he didn't break the watch further. The watch was already not working.

Sometimes when you take a movement apart to service/fix it certain "broken" pieces that were being held into place simply by the nature of the mechanism shift or move. Once he disassembled it to try to repair it, this is how it ended up. Think of it this way, someone rear ends you. It doesn't look horrible but you can tell you have been hit by another car. When the repair guy takes the bumper off you have more extensive damage than what the initial or superficial assessment showed. This is the same kind of scenario.

My question is did you buy the watch here at RWI? Did you follow all the sales rules? If you did have you contacted a mod for help?

Since it is not repairable within an acceptable cost, you should swap an clone movement into it. They are not super expensive, and if you get it serviced too, you will have zero issues moving forward.
@occb2 @Raddave or any other members know where he could source a clone movement?

But OP, I suggest that if you followed the rules you go to a mod/admin for help since your movement was faulty from the get go. Good luck.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
I totally understand your frustration. I think you should take this to [MENTION=70346]xj4sonx[/MENTION] [MENTION=42327]Raddave[/MENTION] or any of the other mods.

As the new rules state, you must do your part as a seller to ensure there is no funny business. I think if the watch was not working, it may have been revealed, but then within a short time stopped all together, that you have grounds for help.

Also, swapping an new close movement shouldn't cost that much. I think you can source one from ebay for cheap and have it swapped and serviced. I bet [MENTION=22940]katt[/MENTION] could do this for you.

Just saying, if the crown is just slipping a little, it shouldn't lead to total movement failure within a few days. Talk to the mods, that is why they are here and that is why we have the rules to follow.

Good luck!

Godly35

11/6/15
PM sent.

I can get him a gen movement. Startime doesn't work with clones. I have a few clones here but are not working. He would have to send it out for service.

I have to add. I have never used Katt. But speaking to people who have. He is a great watch maker. I find it hard to believe he broke your watch beyond being able to fix. It might have been that way prior to you sending it.

Godly35

11/6/15
Thank you for the recommendations. I will just wait and see while searching for a cure...

I totally understand your frustration. I think you should take this to @xj4sonx @Raddave or any of the other mods.

As the new rules state, you must do your part as a seller to ensure there is no funny business. I think if the watch was not working, it may have been revealed, but then within a short time stopped all together, that you have grounds for help.

Also, swapping an new close movement shouldn't cost that much. I think you can source one from ebay for cheap and have it swapped and serviced. I bet @katt could do this for you.

Just saying, if the crown is just slipping a little, it shouldn't lead to total movement failure within a few days. Talk to the mods, that is why they are here and that is why we have the rules to follow.

Good luck!

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
Ok let's get this straight, he didn't break the watch further. The watch was already not working.

Sometimes when you take a movement apart to service/fix it certain "broken" pieces that were being held into place simply by the nature of the mechanism shift or move. Once he disassembled it to try to repair it, this is how it ended up. Think of it this way, someone rear ends you. It doesn't look horrible but you can tell you have been hit by another car. When the repair guy takes the bumper off you have more extensive damage than what the initial or superficial assessment showed. This is the same kind of scenario.

My question is did you buy the watch here at RWI? Did you follow all the sales rules? If you did have you contacted a mod for help?

Since it is not repairable within an acceptable cost, you should swap an clone movement into it. They are not super expensive, and if you get it serviced too, you will have zero issues moving forward.
@occb2 @Raddave or any other members know where he could source a clone movement?

But OP, I suggest that if you followed the rules you go to a mod/admin for help since your movement was faulty from the get go. Good luck.

Very well said and great advice, I really like the accident analogy. I couldn't agree more. Good luck in sorting out the mess with the mods and seller.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Every time I have contacted Katt he has said cheaper to replace movement, He has been vague with his answers... So I have never sent him a watch, Really I have not found a single good movement guy in the USA except Mike in New York but I have not had a chance to use him yet, I also hear Strodda is great but he takes a week or three to reply so I'm just sending my watchs to Adrian in England.

Mike will do my V6s build

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
A few things. There is no such thing as a CRAWZY guideline. That is made up. If you get a watch and it is not as described you file a ticket. The mods and Admin will get involved and there will be an out come. Wether it be on your side or the seller there will be an outcome.

Second thing is, if you send Kat a watch and it comes back in pieces or not working the way it was when it left you and it is totally dead. Again. He is a trusted watch maker here. So you file a ticket with the admin and they will talk to him and work something out. Again it might not go your way but it is the process that we have here.

To me it makes no sense what happen. It sounds to me like you had a slipping crown. Or a gear was stripped. If you were to pull on the crown would it wind? If so that is a typical crown issue which a replacement of a crown is done in a few minutes. If its a gear that is stripped then a take down of the movement would be done. What it sounds like now is a keyless issue if the stem is in and you can't do anything like wind, change hands. There is no such thing as a non fixable movement. I can't see Katt or any watch maker saying that. I can see them saying that it is not cost effective to repair the movement. An asian ETA clone is about $120 dollars where a new ETA movement is around $220 dollars. I would have to look it up on startime. So you can see in an asian movement the threshold is met very quickly on the price of the repair. So lets say it was a crown. That job would cost about $130 if you got a real crown. If you want an after market it would be around $50. If it is a gear, all depending which one the price can go up and quick. If a full cleaning and service is needed along with changing the part, the cost is the service and cleaning and the part. Get my drift? But at no way is a movement not repairable. ETA reps take ETA parts so every one of those parts can be replaced.

So I would follow the rules here. I would file a ticket on the seller and then also on the watchmaker if you found him on here. Get some of your money back.

I will look for a movement for you but you have a movement. Just have them repair that one. Ask them why is it not repairable?

D

d4m.test

You just need a si,ple 2836 asian Eta clone replacement, they cost between $95 and $135 plus the swap service.
Of course for Your "one-in-a-lifetime" build You only want a genuine swiss but for a simple day-to-day use a freshly packed asian ETA, assembled in sterile USA-conditions by a pro like Katt will work for ever, nothing alike what we get when purchasing a china assembled watch.

look for this on ebay: HANGZHOU 6311 DAY/DATE replacement for ETA 2836-2 AND SELLITA SW220 MOVEMENT AUTOMATIC

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Every time I have contacted Katt he has said cheaper to replace movement, He has been vague with his answers... So I have never sent him a watch, Really I have not found a single good movement guy in the USA except Mike in New York but I have not had a chance to use him yet, I also hear Strodda is great but he takes a week or three to reply so I'm just sending my watchs to Adrian in England.

Mike is my watch guy too. He is amazing. He can be found on RWG under his name Misiekped.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I think I'm lost. Can you post the orig. Sale thread for your V6. I have searched and searched for it and can't find it. I see lots of post where you comment on them but I don't see a sale to you. Did you buy it here or from a trusted dealer? Was it a back door buy? Is that why the mods said no go on the help ticket? I am willing to help you out with a movement. Just need to see something saying that you indeed brought something here.

Godly35

11/6/15
I actually do not know Katt before. I only know Vac and Strodda, but they just seemed too busy to even reply email sometimes.
Then I found Katt on the trusted watch smith section who happens to be replying email every 30 minutes tops, that's why I went with him.

Godly35

11/6/15
Ticket is already opened. But the seller is a longer time member with higher sales reputation than me, so I am basically expecting the worst while searching for a cure.
As of the watchsmith, he refunded every thing. I will PM you the technical terms he mentioned in email.

A few things. There is no such thing as a CRAWZY guideline. That is made up. If you get a watch and it is not as described you file a ticket. The mods and Admin will get involved and there will be an out come. Wether it be on your side or the seller there will be an outcome.

Second thing is, if you send Kat a watch and it comes back in pieces or not working the way it was when it left you and it is totally dead. Again. He is a trusted watch maker here. So you file a ticket with the admin and they will talk to him and work something out. Again it might not go your way but it is the process that we have here.

To me it makes no sense what happen. It sounds to me like you had a slipping crown. Or a gear was stripped. If you were to pull on the crown would it wind? If so that is a typical crown issue which a replacement of a crown is done in a few minutes. If its a gear that is stripped then a take down of the movement would be done. What it sounds like now is a keyless issue if the stem is in and you can't do anything like wind, change hands. There is no such thing as a non fixable movement. I can't see Katt or any watch maker saying that. I can see them saying that it is not cost effective to repair the movement. An asian ETA clone is about $120 dollars where a new ETA movement is around $220 dollars. I would have to look it up on startime. So you can see in an asian movement the threshold is met very quickly on the price of the repair. So lets say it was a crown. That job would cost about $130 if you got a real crown. If you want an after market it would be around $50. If it is a gear, all depending which one the price can go up and quick. If a full cleaning and service is needed along with changing the part, the cost is the service and cleaning and the part. Get my drift? But at no way is a movement not repairable. ETA reps take ETA parts so every one of those parts can be replaced.

So I would follow the rules here. I would file a ticket on the seller and then also on the watchmaker if you found him on here. Get some of your money back.

I will look for a movement for you but you have a movement. Just have them repair that one. Ask them why is it not repairable?

Godly35

11/6/15
What I worry is if the movement needs overhaul, that could easily add another $100 or so, wouldn't that make it cheaper just go with ETA?

You just need a si,ple 2836 asian Eta clone replacement, they cost between $95 and $135 plus the swap service.
Of course for Your "one-in-a-lifetime" build You only want a genuine swiss but for a simple day-to-day use a freshly packed asian ETA, assembled in sterile USA-conditions by a pro like Katt will work for ever, nothing alike what we get when purchasing a china assembled watch.

look for this on ebay: HANGZHOU 6311 DAY/DATE replacement for ETA 2836-2 AND SELLITA SW220 MOVEMENT AUTOMATIC

Godly35

11/6/15
Pm sent with all detail.

I think I'm lost. Can you post the orig. Sale thread for your V6. I have searched and searched for it and can't find it. I see lots of post where you comment on them but I don't see a sale to you. Did you buy it here or from a trusted dealer? Was it a back door buy? Is that why the mods said no go on the help ticket? I am willing to help you out with a movement. Just need to see something saying that you indeed brought something here.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I got your PM. The ticket that you open on the seller, your not going to win because the seller was honest and told you that the crown was slipping. You yourself said that the watch worked fine if you would wind it but the crown was slipping. Here is his thread and you can see him say that the crown was slipping. So it has nothing to do with the sellers higher sells reputation. He was honest. https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...ciety-Clearance-SUBC-DAYTONA-Gold-Yachtmaster

Now you sending a watch to a watch maker from here and he agreed to work on it and you get it back not working at all. I see a problem there. You shipped him a watch that was working besides a slipping crown and you get a watch that is not working at all. That would be a ticket that makes more sense. He should at least send it back to you in the same condition it got to him.

Godly35

11/6/15
Actually, I ask seller not for the "crown slipping" but for the watch does not reserve power... at all. Yes, he claimed the watch will auto-wind just by wearing it, which is not the case.
I send the watch to Katt to do either one of both of below things:
a) Fix the hand wind
b) Make it able to auto wind

After all, it is an automatic watch, I need to be able to wind it somehow! At the end, the watch is dead when came back.

I am expecting the worst anyway, it's his word against mine.

I got your PM. The ticket that you open on the seller, your not going to win because the seller was honest and told you that the crown was slipping. You yourself said that the watch worked fine if you would wind it but the crown was slipping. Here is his thread and you can see him say that the crown was slipping. So it has nothing to do with the sellers higher sells reputation. He was honest. https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...ciety-Clearance-SUBC-DAYTONA-Gold-Yachtmaster

Now you sending a watch to a watch maker from here and he agreed to work on it and you get it back not working at all. I see a problem there. You shipped him a watch that was working besides a slipping crown and you get a watch that is not working at all. That would be a ticket that makes more sense. He should at least send it back to you in the same condition it got to him.

Godly35

11/6/15
Yes, I tried several of the guys on yelp, nope, they don't work on Asia movement watches (WHY???)
And the guy who usually replace batteries for my quartz watches just said they work on Swiss watch, Asian movement is just not the same, blah blah blah...

None? This is a strong statement. I just did a full service for my A2836 to a local guy.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
In the sales post the seller stated his watchsmith fixed the watch and it worked better.

Can you ask him who he used and whether or not that watchsmith could look at it to see about fixing it since he already did once? This might be a good thing.

I hear what [MENTION=84805]occb2[/MENTION] is saying, but as you stated, the watch got worse prior to sending to Katt, which leads to the question, what did the previous watchsmith do to the watch to make it "better"

I would go from there. I think the seller would totally work with you in this regard. Start there and see what you can find out.