• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I Can’t Believe Thus Actually Happened From A TD - missing Watch

Watchaholic73

"More is lost by indecision than wrong decision"
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/7/23
I received an empty watch box from probably the largest gray dealer online. I knew when I picked up the package that something was off but stupidity opened it anyway without any filming. I was able to resolve it by sending proof of what the box weighed when it was first dropped off for shipment (an email from USPS) and supplied photos of the package and all it's contents that I received sitting on the local post office scales. The weight was exactly the same. The watch was never in the box when it shipped. They refunded me in full. I understand with international shipping it might be harder for OP to get all this info. I wish you luck OP. I know this feeling and it SUCKS!!

Reactions: NilsD and Dave2302

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
I received an empty watch box from probably the largest gray dealer online. I knew when I picked up the package that something was off but stupidity opened it anyway without any filming. I was able to resolve it by sending proof of what the box weighed when it was first dropped off for shipment (an email from USPS) and supplied photos of the package and all it's contents that I received sitting on the local post office scales. The weight was exactly the same. The watch was never in the box when it shipped. They refunded me in full. I understand with international shipping it might be harder for OP to get all this info. I wish you luck OP. I know this feeling and it SUCKS!!
There’s no honor even amongst thieves….sad!

Elliot Black

Andiot Watches
Trusted Dealer
11/3/20
Guangzhou
@Elliot Black thank you for coming to a solution :)
You are welcome, when we have those information we are happy to solve that, the package is stolen in AU Custom quite confident to say that now.

I have couple of suggestion to buyer here:

1. Shoting a video on claimed empty box is Necessary not insist to open it without proofs, not every case can be proved it's stolen

2. Arrived suspicious emtye box can be returned to the courier company

3. Arriving to your hand feel empty can open it in front of courier guy as witness

Mitchm

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
5/11/23
Definitely a good result for both seller and buyer that the issue has now been resolved

Reactions: Dave2302

ck7747

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
1/6/16
Spain
Happy to see an agreement between TD and buyer was reached.

As tripdog said on the first page of messages this is unfortunately quite common nowadays, not only with reps but with every parcel. A few weeks ago there was a trial on my city bc all the UPS delivery guys working on the branch have been stealing from the packages for an amount of over 2 million euros in just a year and a few months...

While unfortunate, since hearing about it I have started recording every time I open a package if it feels too light and recommend everyone I know to do so just in case :(