• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I Can’t Believe Thus Actually Happened From A TD - missing Watch

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Well guys I always thought this was a myth after the star wars and onion stories of a missing watch when delivered.

But here I am excited about a Sprite that was stolen on route (in China)

I have ordered 3 others in the last months no problems from this TD and they were great.

The usually internal sealed packaging was ripped apart and box squashed back Into the brown box.

There was only one layer of tape on the external packaging and the Australian postage label was on the outside of the one layer of tape, meaning the watch was taken out/stolen whilst in transit to shipping In China.

Anyone else experienced this?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Damn, that's a bummer. And damn, Jackster beat me to it.

Over 200 watches into the obsession, and I've only had one experience of a rep going astray, and that was one I sent to Germany which disappeared off the shipping grid for about 3 weeks, only to finally turn up at its destination! The package was beaten up and the rep had stopped (so I refunded the buyer and took it back). But that's the worst that's happened (runs round the room touching every wooden item).

As Jackster also just beat me to saying - given the sheer volume of parcels travelling round the world, there must be a very significant amount of this going on, but fortunately like plane crashes, it never happens to us... till it does.

Is the TD going to replace it?

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
That's a bummer, sorry for your loss, its never happened to me but I bet it happens ALOT?.

Damn, that's a bummer. And damn, Jackster beat me to it.
Damn, that's a bummer. And damn, Jackster and P0pperinibeat me to it.

Never had that happen to me either, but yes, have read a few tales of woe here, and I'm gonna run around touching wood now too :ROFLMAO:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Yeah I guess the tales of lost are not really discussed as it’s part of the hobby unfortunately.

It was clearly an inside job within the network given only one layer of tape on the package, smash and grab

I have reached out to the TD so will see w happens 🤷‍♂️

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Somewhere a Chinese customs officer is enjoying his new sprite....

Sorry for your loss and I hope it resolves itself amicably with the TD. Good luck.

Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
These days everyone is scared lol, but no I have bought approximately 30 watches since November last year, no empty box issues at all (shhhh)(y)

Reactions: NilsD and p0pperini

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
This happened to me within germany with DHL. They said this happens quite often during the last time and covered the loss.

Reactions: Dave2302

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
@Elliot Black care to answer as someone in your network has stolen from me and you?

And your email response was less than impressive given 3 very good previously good transactions

Elliot Black

Andiot Watches
Trusted Dealer
11/3/20
Guangzhou
Dear custmer

We have checked our logistics history on this package, it has weight on it.

Want to clarify couple of things here:

1. the package arrvied empty is suspicious to take a opening video on that we have our own package and tape, so far no pics to anyone just words.

2. Screenshot below is the history of the package in how much weight we have record before it goes out, Local AUSTRALIAN courier will have record on that package while they are delivering to your door, I would suggest to get this proof from them to see where it is stolen.

3. You have rights to return a package to courier if u feel it's empty or shot a video while u are opening it, 300G is noticeable.

3. We have been sending packages to those countries in years. Where We cover loss in custom, and loss in transaction. But We don't cover stolen At your door if you can prove it's not stolen At your door We will cover that.

If anyone say they got their package ''Empty'' without pictures and proofs from logistics or courier, I think it's happening commonly in future to try seller anytime from any countires.

I have had emailed u regarding this package asking to provide use some proofs, for now nothing yet just talking and words not even a pic or history record with the logistics.

Hope everyone can understand that case needs some support evidence then we can move on.

Rgds
Elliot

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Lol you are lying @Elliot Black or are misinformed or have some thieves in your network.

The shipping label tells a different story, only 50 grams which is clearly not the weight of a watch?

What do you have to say now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Elliot Black

Andiot Watches
Trusted Dealer
11/3/20
Guangzhou
If it's
Lol you are lying @Elliot Black or are misinformed or have some thieves in your network.

The shipping label tells a different story, only 50 grams which is clearly not the weight of a watch?

What do you have to say now?

KuqluW.jpeg
All the packages not having correct information on the label, u don't need to trust me what I said here,

I believe there are Australian client I have When they received package I let them shot u pic of the lablel on that they are all like 0.05kg which is common,
but I it's easily to get the information from logistics regarding how much weight When it's hit to Australia before it is delivered that's all we need for now, even an email from them. Then we can count it as lost in transition. Just an email not hard to get Thanks.

We will let our other Australian clients to take pic of their packages this week or next week then they are delivered to prove that. Thanks.

Rgds
Elliot

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
And there is no info on the weight from the China label on the other side of the package?

Edit: removed pictures containing personal info.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
@Thatwatchguy do you realise that your personal info in the 1st picture you posted can be seen when using editing software.

• Love
Reactions: Thatwatchguy

jaydee-007

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/6/23
TN
Looks like the proof he was asking for. Unless you've already sent it to them.

Elliot Black

Andiot Watches
Trusted Dealer
11/3/20
Guangzhou
And there is no info on the weight from the China label on the other side of the package?
No weight on the other side, only in system from China to Austria, both courier business has the record in history can confirm how much in the weight.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Oh Sh!t so sorry can you remove pictures

I just wanted to show the weight on the shipping label of only 50 grams that its clearly not a watch in the package

Reactions: g00n