• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I am still hesitent to say this but I have no choice...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Oh boy, send Hont a message today with the link showing delivery so he can go see it. CC me on that message please. Let him know, I am CC'd in that message.

katt

Trusted (Watch Repair)
Trusted Dealer
Vendor (Watch Repair)
14/9/09
Movement replacement

Mod and Admins, I need your assistance here. So after seeing several watch smith in two different cities, all said the same thing, to replace the movement.

I really appreciate your assistance.

And what kind of movement are we talking about ?

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Thanks R2 will do as soon as I am home.

Katt, it was a7750 and was thinking about sending it to you but then I thought... wait a minute... I have paid so much money for a working watch not a DOA why do I sent it to someone to get it fixed. Hope u understand where I am coming from...

katt

Trusted (Watch Repair)
Trusted Dealer
Vendor (Watch Repair)
14/9/09
Movement replacement

Thanks R2 will do as soon as I am home.

Katt, it was a7750 and was thinking about sending it to you but then I thought... wait a minute... I have paid so much money for a working watch not a DOA why do I sent it to someone to get it fixed. Hope u understand where I am coming from...

And how !

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Katt, ?? (sorry low on caffine this am)

R2, I called home and got the confirmation number and checked on the tracking site. The packaged was shipped on May 5th and delivered on May 10th. Check your PM please. Hont cc-ed.

therebel

Renowned Member
10/1/07
Good luck on recovering some of your losses or a working watch!

I've had a similar, albeit less money, problem with Hont sending a wrong item than requested/pictured. I admire your patience and persistence, as I decided to cut losses and move on. It just sucks that even some of the most 'trusted dealers' we screen and allow on our site have, at best, mediocre customer service.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm not in Canada but I'm a little shocked at $80 to ship a watch back. It usually costs me about $7 via standard air mail.

Plus, if it was a watch that I planned on keeping it just makes so much more sense to have it completely serviced for around $100 and you know you'll be 10x better off in the long run.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
The shipping mode could well be the problem for him not receiving it yet. Standard air from US or Canada is between $5-$8 and works a treat. EMS/Priority usually finishes up in customs for weeks and some postal services record it as delivered although it's still in customs. Not saying this is defiantly the case but seems to be my experience 9 times out of 10

therebel

Renowned Member
10/1/07
Shipping costs, methods, etc are irrelevant. The man paid $400 for a watch and got a paper weight.....twice. Doesn't matter if Hont gets the watch or not, he should have had one EMS'd to Sam without the need to even have him return the last POS.

As stated, Honts no idiot, and wouldn't let his reputation get ruined over this, but he needs to have this fixed yesterday.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Therebel, Thanks for understanding the frustration I am going thru since November last year. I was literally really mad at watch not working the second time but I resorted to blaming on shipping. Though one of the watchsmith did quote $125 for fixing it but Hont did not agreed to it and asked me to send it back.

KBH I was willing to get it repaired but Hont suggested that he can get it fixed so i still compared $80 to $125 and decided to send him back.

T4D, Dude welcome to Canada eh! LOL Unfortunately no EMS or Priority here. You are stuck with DHL(international)/UPS/FedEx(north america) but they are extremely risky or Canada Post (Lesser of all evils).

But here is another thing the shipping in the second attempt was delivered within Canada to Hont's preferred address since $80 did not pleased him either. The Item was received the by the person he recommended and the signature is available on canada post website with name. So if he comes back and tell me that his contact did not receive the shipment then who do I blame?

Here is another problem, I am on the road for past few days and did not get a chance to go back home or check my personal e-mails but the last week's reply was same as what I said above. I am guilty of not sending him the Canada post info which I will do once home. But I did sent him the info using PM here yesterday.

R2D4, My apology for that mistake i will do as you said.

Lets hope that things turn out to be better this time.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
OK my patience is running very thin here, what the hell he is waiting for? I have the confirmation from Canada post with the signature and name of receiver. And he is waiting for his friend to send an e-mail ???? WTF ... I mean this is the height of being trusted dealer and patiently waiting for resolution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 04:28:41 +0800
Subject: Tag Heuer Calibre 17
To: Me

AND I NOT LIE YOU AT 10 MAY ,MY FRIEND ANSWERED NOT RECEIVE YET

AND HE NOT BACK EMAIL ME AGAIN UNTILL NOW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God knows what his friend might be doing with the watch for past 20 days....

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Mods and Admins please consider this as resolved since the payment for USD 400 has been received. Thanks to those who provided their positive supportive feedback in this thread and a SPECIAL thanks to R2D4 for handling this in an excellent manner. RWI rocks!

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Good news. You handled this like a pro, despite the long time line and everything.

And let's hear major applause for R2 and all the admins!

plummer1986

Known Member
18/2/10
Quality Mod & Admin work! Glad to hear you got your money back Sam. I'm still waiting for a freaking strap from Angus at Pure Time for over a month now.