• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I am still hesitent to say this but I have no choice...

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
I am still reluctant to bring this up but I have no choice... Hont was once my favorite dealer. So here is the story in short. I sent the DOA Tag Heuer Cal17 SS back in Jan to Hont, it reached destination on time and since then I have been waiting to get it back. I sent e-mail that when he is ready to ship; I will be placing some additional order for accessories. Beginning of March he got back to me saying that he is ready to ship and I must pay for the items, which I did right away. So since March 10th up till 26th I was waiting for him to confirm that watch and accessories have been sent. Since I didn't receive any confirmation so I sent another note on March 26, got the answer back from him that he forgot to ship and he will be providing me tracking number. Today is April 1 (no kidding here) and I am still waiting for tracking number and I am not sure whether he sent the watch back or not. It is not that I am fainting or loosing my breath for not getting the watch but I just wanted to know where we are at. I want an honest answer whether I have to wait more or will it be delivered shortly. I gave him the benefit of CNY but it has been long over. I don’t want to contact him again as it will annoy him but just need someone to guide me of next steps. Thanks for understanding!

P.S. This is not a bashing thread and I am aware of the fact that we all have our personal as well as professional lives...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
As I understand this, you are venting. Totally understandable. I will contact him for you and let him know we expect him to step up his after sales service with the same urgency as new orders.

I will report.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
There is another Chinese holiday coming up coinciding with Easter. You may not get any answers for the next few days.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
R2 is Da Man!
Hont will take care of you, but like most dealers the after-sale customer care is lacking at best.
Please keep us informed as to how this turns out.

dvd_ra

Horology Curious
7/5/09
Thats true this place, is awesome! when it comes to help eachother out, and it's nice to have good admin's to support the members...trailboss99 rocks!!!

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Yes Indeed I agree this is THE place where I hang out most and it is comforting to know that I am surrounded by good friends... I am sure this thread will be history and I'll have my watch in upcoming few weeks. I am very patient if there is reason provided but this is the case which was taking longer with no apprent reason. Oh well lets not talk about it...

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Wishing you luck that your package arrives soon.:sub4me:

metals99

15/4/09
I have the same issue with my Spoilt watch for warranty claims since it came to me the first time it died within a few days and have send him back the second time because the minute hand was snagging... He have not sent back by Rolex submariner yet since early March... I have e-mailed him and he said he will do well... Well hope hont can stepped up with his after sales...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
We are having a chat with Hont about A.S.S and hope to get things back on track ASAP. Rest assured if it continues unchecked stronger action will be taken. I don't however think that will be necessary, Hont is far to smart to allow his reputation here to go downhill over a few silly hold ups.

Col.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Thanks guys for being so supportive. I have now received the tracking number. Hope to see the merch. soon.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Folks, the watch arrived today, I was wearing and watching it when it died in front of my eyes. Sure the rotor works fine this time but the watch itself does not. I already tried manually winding it. Sent a note to hont that this is totally not acceptable.

metals99

15/4/09
I am sorry to hear that... For my case I have received the tracking too and waiting for my returned watch... I hope your issues would be solved safely... Hope you would update on what Hont reply on your watch...

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
So beside the issues with movement there are two more issues and those are
1) The TH box, card board and wooden, papers all have the green tag logo shifted from the sliver background, looks fake from miles away. This is not the case with the sample pics I received
2) The leather strap I ordered have old emblem instead new logo, since this was the second strap I ordered so it is pretty disappointing to see he did not even compare what was sent before.
3) The only difference with the watch this time is the rotor which works even when the watch is dead.

So Hont got back to me last night and I said to him that there is no way I am paying shipping from my pocket this time. Also it does not make any sense to pay $80 shipping for $40 worth of box. I am taking the watch to local watchsmith today to see how much more I have to shell out for getting this watch fixed. In all fairness the communication is great but if it is not resoluting to any solution then any effort will be futile.

Metals99, I hope that you do not float in the same boat as me.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Thats pretty surreal. I'm sorry man, sending a watch back is a test of patience in itself. Receiving a broken one in exchange is a hot mess. Futile as you've put it.

Best luck with a local fix.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Mod and Admins, I need your assistance here. So after seeing several watch smith in two different cities, all said the same thing, to replace the movement. I passed on messages to Hont with the estimated price and he did not agree with it. So the watch has been sent back “again” on my expense (to which I did not agree but all he said he will take care of it) to the alternate address in another province. Here is the breakdown of amount of money I spent on this watch

1) Watch+Strap+Shipping = $400USD
2) Shipped Defective to China = $80USD
3) Ordered extra strap+box set = $80USD
4) Shipped Defective to Canada = $40USD
5) Paid 5 watch smith for quote = $70USD
------------------------------------------------------
Amount of time watch spent on my wrist = 0 Hours
Amount of time being patient (still in progress) = 6 months
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So all I am requesting here to help me with is I do not want to receive the very same defective watch coming back to me, instead the watch needs to be replaced with same model or money being refunded. I need to be compensated for the amount I paid for shipping (twice) + watch smiths fee for estimates (twice).

BTW The watch was sent almost 16+ days ago (and confirm received) but there is no bleep on radar from Hont.

I really appreciate your assistance.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
New twist...

Canada Post says item delivered
Hont says item NOT delivered