• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

RE-13

26/3/15
Hello there buddy,

Thanks for your recommendation. I had a crown issue with a 6497 movement. Raul charged me $10 when others wanted $100 to $250. He is a RESOURCE for folks in LA and San Fernando Valley. I drove from Santa Clarita Valley to see him but well worth it. He is honest good man.

Damn I might have to drive down from here to get my BP sea dweller crown fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otix Straps

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/16
any suggestions for a New York city watch smith that can help with a few small issues... like loose rotor and lube the rotor.. please PM thanks

Huracan

Known Member
12/7/06
Misiekped is the Rolex maestro in CONUS. Tickleshoe has also been recommended. Both r in the ern US and r here. G/L.

any suggestions for a New York city watch smith that can help with a few small issues... like loose rotor and lube the rotor.. please PM thanks

wantwatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/07
SYDNEY AUSTRALIA repairer needed, please

My 5 reps need some work on them

I am looking for a Sydney based rep repair watchmaker

1 x Omega Seamasters Planet Ocean (broken band)

1 x Omega Seamasters Planet Ocean (1 now floating behind the glass lume hour marker)

1 x Omega Seamaster chrono (crown wheel issues)

1 x Rolex oyster explorer (broken band)

1 x cartier (needs battery)

bkdc

25/8/07
If anyone knows a watchmaker in the DC/Northern Virginia area, send me a message! :)

BDE77

Known Member
6/9/12
Are there any watch dealers in Amsterdam The Netherlands who can fix an AP chronograph movement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

asdf

Looking Around
20/4/12
Portland OR or close to?

Looking to have someone repair my Omega PO, after about 5 years it's finally quit working.

I don't mind shipping out for a repair if someone can recommend a trusted watch smith.

zikzak

27/2/17
Misiekped is the Rolex maestro in CONUS. Tickleshoe has also been recommended. Both r in the ern US and r here. G/L.

Both well respected and worth inquiring with for service requests. The workbench thread speaks volumes of both and their craft.

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
That's a good thread! I have a rolex that needs servicing..anybody from Hong kong knows where I can find a watchsmith that works with reps?

Also looking for rep friendly watch smith to service my Portuguese chrono, any recommendations?

DrJkll

Horology Curious
25/6/14
Are there any watch dealers in Amsterdam The Netherlands who can fix an AP chronograph movement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't used any of the guys below. I just found them by browsing Marktplaats ads.

1. HQ Horloges (located in Amsterdam) stating that he will do repairs on reps, regardless of whether it was bought from him or not. He has an ad for a Submariner Noob V7 A2836 stating it is "the creme de la creme", so make of that what you will.

2. Horlogeman also selling a Sub V7 Noob, but a 3135. Located in Amsersfoort, and works on ETA movements for 95 euros per repair and does shipping. His number +31682157082.

3. Similar to the last one, but also a 2836, Best-Watches, location says Almere (even references RWI in the ad). His number +31615082641.

I would try the 2nd one just because he is, arguably, selling the best rep.

nyriyadh

Known Member
9/4/12
Hy
Any watchsmeth in Los Angeles or Southern California to adjust rep. Movements?
PM my please

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Cowboy11023

Looking Around
2/8/16
I have located a repair shop in the DC-Baltimore area that will work on/service reps. PM me if you want the information.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I have not had any work done at this location yet; however, will soon be dropping off my rep Sub for a service. If I provide you with the location, I am in no way endorsing or recommending the shop until I have my own watch serviced and returned. I will post an update once this is done.

Rayne

Looking Around
22/7/17
Hello, may i ask if anyone here knows or mind sharing where i can repair/service and at the same time polish my watch here in singapore ?
Thanks in advance :)

Ossenaar

Horology Curious
23/7/17
I haven't used any of the guys below. I just found them by browsing Marktplaats ads.

1. HQ Horloges (located in Amsterdam) stating that he will do repairs on reps, regardless of whether it was bought from him or not. He has an ad for a Submariner Noob V7 A2836 stating it is "the creme de la creme", so make of that what you will.

2. Horlogeman also selling a Sub V7 Noob, but a 3135. Located in Amsersfoort, and works on ETA movements for 95 euros per repair and does shipping. His number +31682157082.

3. Similar to the last one, but also a 2836, Best-Watches, location says Almere (even references RWI in the ad). His number +31615082641.

I would try the 2nd one just because he is, arguably, selling the best rep.

Marktplaats is hell of a sketchy place. They seem to copy each other's advertisements there as well.

I'll try to call around a bit next week to find a watch smith who can service a 2836.

If someone knows a good watch smith in NL, B or D (NRW), please PM me.

DrJkll

Horology Curious
25/6/14
Marktplaats is hell of a sketchy place. They seem to copy each other's advertisements there as well.

I'll try to call around a bit next week to find a watch smith who can service a 2836.

If someone knows a good watch smith in NL, B or D (NRW), please PM me.

Can you revert back with the outcome please?

I agree that Marktplaats is sketchy, but I don't really have a better idea, other than calling random watch smith.
If it's a small place and they don't sell the same brand as the replica I think most will be chill about servicing it.

cdas71

11/2/17
Looking for a trusted CONUS watchsmith to send work to. If there are any in Chicago area would been even better!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI