• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How many reps do you guys own?

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
I have had around 90… now around 50.
It all started in a tryp to Thailand, where I found MBK… later on, all the forums, Spanish and internationals made the rest.

Reactions: domiffm

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
It all started in a tryp to Thailand, where I found MBK… later on, all the forums, Spanish and internationals made the rest.
Ah, MBK... of course. Been there a few times myself but I never bothered to look for replicas there. Kinda regretting that decision :lolcina:

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany

MBK.. this is the exact place where it started for me as well. Loved to shop around there and buying stuff I don’t really need. Hope to get back to Bangkok in December!

So many good memories…

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I've got 7 reps and 4 gens. I try not to buy reps of watches where the gen is worth more than my entire yearly income. Kind of an instant tell. Not that I particularity care, but I find wearing a rep that's close to my gen level of expense kind of just feels like another watch. Having said that, if they made a decent PP grand complication moonphase then I'd be all in.

Besides some Bali fakes a long time ago, I was in the gen world for a long time looking at watches I would probably never own. Just discovered this world early this year and it's a blast. Friends who own the gen of some of my reps can't believe how accurate these reps are nowadays.

Last edited:
Reactions: RYenZero

W124E

Known Member
16/5/19
mrsullivan's "Replicaddiction" is way too relatable. Two-plus years after getting into it, I'm currently at two pretty good Reps that are just the way I like 'em (6542,1675), two that are still slight works in progress (5513, 6263), two Gens (5500, 3980), one superfranken (1550), and another on the way (6429). I love it, but man, this hobby can really get ya...

Gheffo76

Renowned Member
22/3/21
🇪🇺
Watches come and go you know, you'll discover that for yourself with time (once bankruptcy occurs and you wife kicks you out of the house : "it's your watches or me !" LOL).

Personnaly I find myself easy with 8 to 12 high end, modded or franken replicas, + a couple of gens.
In this amount of watches, I think maybe 4 or 5 reps are really here to stay : my franken Noob Daytona 116520 with 4130, Hfac Breitling Steelfish, modded/franken AP 15400, Noob Panerai 297 O-series will stay for sure. And the others, we'll see...

Let me expose here the average chronology of the rep hobbyist :

1. Discovering the hobby : you dare your 1rst replica buy, and you're amazed (even with a DHgate type of rep lol) by how close it is to an actual watch !

2. Binge buying : now the doors to replica wonders are wide open, the next months are spent (timewise AND moneywise) buying anything that shows up on M2M or available at TDs. 10, 20, 30 watches, who knows...

3. Growing up : you get more accurate in your choices. You franken a bit, sell the bad ones, get rid of the box queens and reduce the herd (a bit).

4. Compulsive buys : from time to time, your brain snaps on a M2M offer and you buy a watch you know you should'nt. But hey, don't want to loose the thrill of it.

5. Replica elder times : you getting grumpy on RWI, about those youngsters flexing weird 6 letters factory watches (" yeeeah, these JJVBBF Subs are not as good as my Noob or VSF from old times...!"). Grumpy but still, those young punks don't know, and they'll never take from you this collection of finely tuned reps you built through the years. That collection is what keeps the hobby up and the love of watches pristine.

Replica is a time and money consuming game, you'll see you'll probably spend as much on reps than you would on gens. If money can be a limit of course, it's not the reason we buy reps instead of gens. It's about the thrill, the hunt, the love of details, and the possibility to wear a wider range of amazing watches on a daily basis.

Welcome, you're in for years of "replicaddiction" !

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk
beautiful post congratulations!

JTSWE

19/2/17
Have owned over 400, 2 frankens aswell

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Sub, Daytona, YM, and a DJ41 on the way. That'll probably do it for me. Probably.

Oh, and a women's Day Date that I bought for my wife many years ago.

Good luck with that! Hahaha. Famous last words… “that’s enough”….. for now… oooo but look at that one!… ok ok last one… oooo but look at that one…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: YellowFin

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Currently still running a 10-max strategy. For every new rep, one has to leave.

Mephitic51

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/21
3 reps, a sub and DJ then a Patek Nautilus.

Then 3 gen vintage Omegas plus a Seiko Lord Marvel and citizen eagle 5....

Is 8 watches enough? Not judging by this thread.

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Currently about 16.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

acidrain33

Known Member
16/7/20
1 and kept rotating it in a relatively fast cycle. Just to keep things fresh.

Yet sadly the market now is flooded by VS and N NOS. That rotating process lasted for a long while.

So damn boring. No more interesting new releases like back in the 2010s.

bavarex

Omega collector/watchmaking
3/4/21
EU / CAN
Watches come and go you know, you'll discover that for yourself with time (once bankruptcy occurs and you wife kicks you out of the house : "it's your watches or me !" LOL).

Personnaly I find myself easy with 8 to 12 high end, modded or franken replicas, + a couple of gens.
In this amount of watches, I think maybe 4 or 5 reps are really here to stay : my franken Noob Daytona 116520 with 4130, Hfac Breitling Steelfish, modded/franken AP 15400, Noob Panerai 297 O-series will stay for sure. And the others, we'll see...

Let me expose here the average chronology of the rep hobbyist :

1. Discovering the hobby : you dare your 1rst replica buy, and you're amazed (even with a DHgate type of rep lol) by how close it is to an actual watch !

2. Binge buying : now the doors to replica wonders are wide open, the next months are spent (timewise AND moneywise) buying anything that shows up on M2M or available at TDs. 10, 20, 30 watches, who knows...

3. Growing up : you get more accurate in your choices. You franken a bit, sell the bad ones, get rid of the box queens and reduce the herd (a bit).

4. Compulsive buys : from time to time, your brain snaps on a M2M offer and you buy a watch you know you should'nt. But hey, don't want to loose the thrill of it.

5. Replica elder times : you getting grumpy on RWI, about those youngsters flexing weird 6 letters factory watches (" yeeeah, these JJVBBF Subs are not as good as my Noob or VSF from old times...!"). Grumpy but still, those young punks don't know, and they'll never take from you this collection of finely tuned reps you built through the years. That collection is what keeps the hobby up and the love of watches pristine.

Replica is a time and money consuming game, you'll see you'll probably spend as much on reps than you would on gens. If money can be a limit of course, it's not the reason we buy reps instead of gens. It's about the thrill, the hunt, the love of details, and the possibility to wear a wider range of amazing watches on a daily basis.

Welcome, you're in for years of "replicaddiction" !

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Well said!
i always try to limit myself to under 20..but hey: why not hunt from time to time, especially for non mainstream timepieces;)

Jason123456

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/10/16
Always 2 and kept rotating. 1 diver and 1 formal-casual. For example sub and datejust.

Odoslané z SM-A505FN pomocou Tapatalku