• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How many reps do you guys own?

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
drferrari1 Thank you...it's nice to know my addiction is accepted here ????. I do have a wife and also two girls so the watches are my escape!!!! I'm quiet fortunate to be honest that I have the support of all 3 and don't get nagged over it!!!

It's good that you are keeping the saved money from buying a rep over a gen for your family! It could've been "my dad blew all of the money on gen watches, so now I can't go to university". :sad:

Enjoy your pieces, Avalanche

Avalanche

They don't build statues to business men.
Certified
30/3/21
UK
Watches come and go you know, you'll discover that for yourself with time (once bankruptcy occurs and you wife kicks you out of the house : "it's your watches or me !" LOL).

Personnaly I find myself easy with 8 to 12 high end, modded or franken replicas, + a couple of gens.
In this amount of watches, I think maybe 4 or 5 reps are really here to stay : my franken Noob Daytona 116520 with 4130, Hfac Breitling Steelfish, modded/franken AP 15400, Noob Panerai 297 O-series will stay for sure. And the others, we'll see...

Let me expose here the average chronology of the rep hobbyist :

1. Discovering the hobby : you dare your 1rst replica buy, and you're amazed (even with a DHgate type of rep lol) by how close it is to an actual watch !

2. Binge buying : now the doors to replica wonders are wide open, the next months are spent (timewise AND moneywise) buying anything that shows up on M2M or available at TDs. 10, 20, 30 watches, who knows...

3. Growing up : you get more accurate in your choices. You franken a bit, sell the bad ones, get rid of the box queens and reduce the herd (a bit).

4. Compulsive buys : from time to time, your brain snaps on a M2M offer and you buy a watch you know you should'nt. But hey, don't want to loose the thrill of it.

5. Replica elder times : you getting grumpy on RWI, about those youngsters flexing weird 6 letters factory watches (" yeeeah, these JJVBBF Subs are not as good as my Noob or VSF from old times...!"). Grumpy but still, those young punks don't know, and they'll never take from you this collection of finely tuned reps you built through the years. That collection is what keeps the hobby up and the love of watches pristine.

Replica is a time and money consuming game, you'll see you'll probably spend as much on reps than you would on gens. If money can be a limit of course, it's not the reason we buy reps instead of gens. It's about the thrill, the hunt, the love of details, and the possibility to wear a wider range of amazing watches on a daily basis.

Welcome, you're in for years of "replicaddiction" !

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

I love this...I think I'm ready for stage 3!! So well written.

Reactions: JayBee0815

Avalanche

Certified
30/3/21
UK
It's good that you are keeping the saved money from buying a rep over a gen for your family! It could've been "my dad blew all of the money on gen watches, so now I can't go to university".

Haha. I've got that covered luckily. The 3 girls always come first.

It was actually the gen thing that got me into reps. I went to the rolex dealer near my work and asked to buy a Daytone panda....they we're like heeeell no...no chance at all. then they said, 'How about a president?' I said, no thanks, not for me, how about a sub? and again I was hit with distain. After that I had a chat with the guy who turned out to be real nice and realised its not like you can just go in a buy a watch from the shop...silly me. Anyway, went home checked the grey market and thats when I realised that to have my dream watch I had to find another way. I'm not paying resale prices.

I stumbled across this place, took the risk on my first rep and there you have it. I've learnt so much from this forum and my taste has matured. The Daytona Gen is on order but in no rush now. I have one rule in this hobby. Dont spend money you cant afford to loose. Its actually that which means I can buy a few. I toy with crypto currency in my spare time and its the profits I spend on watches. My whol;e collection has come from my first $500 invested and I used to mine bitcoin 8 years ago. I work in financial services also so luckily understand a little more than most.

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
Haha. I've got that covered luckily. The 3 girls always come first.

It was actually the gen thing that got me into reps. I went to the rolex dealer near my work and asked to buy a Daytone panda....they we're like heeeell no...no chance at all. then they said, 'How about a president?' I said, no thanks, not for me, how about a sub? and again I was hit with distain. After that I had a chat with the guy who turned out to be real nice and realised its not like you can just go in a buy a watch from the shop...silly me. Anyway, went home checked the grey market and thats when I realised that to have my dream watch I had to find another way. I'm not paying resale prices.

I stumbled across this place, took the risk on my first rep and there you have it. I've learnt so much from this forum and my taste has matured. The Daytona Gen is on order but in no rush now. I have one rule in this hobby. Dont spend money you cant afford to loose. Its actually that which means I can buy a few. I toy with crypto currency in my spare time and its the profits I spend on watches. My whol;e collection has come from my first $500 invested and I used to mine bitcoin 8 years ago. I work in financial services also so luckily understand a little more than most.

Woah, super cool to hear about your BTC investment. I am actually also quite interested in crypto. I've got it all on my hardware wallet :p. Started in 2018, a bit after the crash. Recently cashed out 80% of it around 62k per bitcoin recently. I also hodl litecoin, and other cryptos I find useful. Not really into shitcoins or random purpose coins. For me, it's litecoin, BCH, and BTC. The ones used for **actually** spending rather than some coin for some random ass purpose. :shok:

It is really unfortunate in terms of the whole deal with the AD's and how they make you suck their dicks to buy a watch from em. Hopefully, it calms down and we are at least able to get on the waitlist.

I am just getting into the rep game, and I find it very very interesting. Everyone here is way nicer than the gen community, lol.

Oh, and, financial services? Could you tell me how can I withdraw my crypto without paying aussie tax gains? thank you in advance...

just kidding mate enjoy your day ;)

Reactions: kokikoki

Avalanche

Certified
30/3/21
UK
Oh, and, financial services? Could you tell me how can I withdraw my crypto without paying aussie tax gains? thank you in advance...

haha...no financial advice given here. They are ways to be 'tax efficient', but thats for another day lol. Yup, declare what you earn and you'll be fine. I work in compliance so have to be squeeky clean.

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
haha...no financial advice given here. They are ways to be 'tax efficient', but thats for another day lol. Yup, declare what you earn and you'll be fine. I work in compliance so have to be squeeky clean.

I was just kidding haha... Also I know tax reduction is legal. Working in enforcing law & compliance but ordering illegal reps? damn :cool::cool: lol

Nevertheless, enjoy your reps!

Last edited:

kuntrol7

25/3/14
Conus
Currently 18 Pams will I keep them all depends I mainly rotate 5. The five on my rotation are 063-225-029-023-201/A Rolli build and I unfortunately hoard a-lot of dials for future builds. Back in 08 when I started I had about 40 plus pams then started selling box queens. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
Ended up with 3

tc kermit
Noob narftona
Phong 6263 franken

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
After having a stage 4 incident yesterday (bought a Blancpain via M2M, and while i was checking the current price at my TD i saw he had a carbon daytona in stock...) i wanted to ask the exact same question here - probably to feel less guilty by comparison with other addicts ;-)

So currently i have 10 reps i am very pleased with and 2 new incoming.
This would make my selfset limit of 12, but i still got some nice pieces on my list.

This hobby is really highly addictive and the current situation with raids, closed forever factories and now or never impulse buys doesn't really help.

Last edited:

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
Watches come and go you know, you'll discover that for yourself with time (once bankruptcy occurs and you wife kicks you out of the house : "it's your watches or me !" LOL).

Personnaly I find myself easy with 8 to 12 high end, modded or franken replicas, + a couple of gens.
In this amount of watches, I think maybe 4 or 5 reps are really here to stay : my franken Noob Daytona 116520 with 4130, Hfac Breitling Steelfish, modded/franken AP 15400, Noob Panerai 297 O-series will stay for sure. And the others, we'll see...

Let me expose here the average chronology of the rep hobbyist :

1. Discovering the hobby : you dare your 1rst replica buy, and you're amazed (even with a DHgate type of rep lol) by how close it is to an actual watch !

2. Binge buying : now the doors to replica wonders are wide open, the next months are spent (timewise AND moneywise) buying anything that shows up on M2M or available at TDs. 10, 20, 30 watches, who knows...

3. Growing up : you get more accurate in your choices. You franken a bit, sell the bad ones, get rid of the box queens and reduce the herd (a bit).

4. Compulsive buys : from time to time, your brain snaps on a M2M offer and you buy a watch you know you should'nt. But hey, don't want to loose the thrill of it.

5. Replica elder times : you getting grumpy on RWI, about those youngsters flexing weird 6 letters factory watches (" yeeeah, these JJVBBF Subs are not as good as my Noob or VSF from old times...!"). Grumpy but still, those young punks don't know, and they'll never take from you this collection of finely tuned reps you built through the years. That collection is what keeps the hobby up and the love of watches pristine.

Replica is a time and money consuming game, you'll see you'll probably spend as much on reps than you would on gens. If money can be a limit of course, it's not the reason we buy reps instead of gens. It's about the thrill, the hunt, the love of details, and the possibility to wear a wider range of amazing watches on a daily basis.

Welcome, you're in for years of "replicaddiction" !

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Exactly ;)

Reactions: mrsullivan