• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How honest is Hont?

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Good choice.. We look forward to pics!

Maximos

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/7/10
Just got these photos this morning. The wait is a long one, but will certainly be worth it.

_DSC0144.jpg

_DSC0147.jpg

_DSC0148.jpg

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
so, I've got tracking info. How long does EMS take to get to the midwest US?

Also, where can I get a replica fluted bezel? How difficult would the swap be? I think it'd be nice to have a fluted bezel for everyday use and the diamonds for special occasions.

ewatch

25/10/08
great looking watch.. i have two smooth transactions to date with hont working towards number 3 right now.

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
Thanks ewatch, I got it in yesterday and it's everything I expected. Pics are below. The crystals do not look bad at all. It has a pink hue around the crystal which indicates that it is sapphire, but there are light scratches that can be noticed in sunlight...

I also noticed that it does not seem to work in the conventional method. It unwinds to a point and then starts changing the day. To change the date, I have to slightly raise the crown, but not click it out, and turn the opposite way. Popping it out to the second position does nothing, it spins with no effect. It's running a tad fast, I believe, but I'll look into that later (seemingly easy adjustment).

Hont did a great job, it took its time in shipping but came very well protected and was completely as described. I will definitely be ordering from him in the future. It even has a decent looking rehaut, which I didn't expect.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

ewatch

25/10/08
Thanks ewatch, I got it in yesterday and it's everything I expected. Pics are below. The crystals do not look bad at all. It has a pink hue around the crystal which indicates that it is sapphire, but there are light scratches that can be noticed in sunlight...

I also noticed that it does not seem to work in the conventional method. It unwinds to a point and then starts changing the day. To change the date, I have to slightly raise the crown, but not click it out, and turn the opposite way. Popping it out to the second position does nothing, it spins with no effect. It's running a tad fast, I believe, but I'll look into that later (seemingly easy adjustment).

Hont did a great job, it took its time in shipping but came very well protected and was completely as described. I will definitely be ordering from him in the future. It even has a decent looking rehaut, which I didn't expect.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Luv the im a big baller in a rob pic at the bottom :)

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
guys, I'm sad to report that the problem first described, after disappearing for eight days, has come back with a vengeance (the crown/adjusting day and date concern). I contacted hont and he said he would refund the money if the watch was in new condition (which it is).

Thanks. (ps. I hope not all clone ETAs end up like this)...

edit: took it to a jeweler today and the guy told me that it has a short stem, and that the crown might be defective.

edit 8/31: watch was shipped out yesterday (8/30). hopefully it will get there without any issues and we can get this problem sorted ASAP.

Im Jus Irie

Banned
9/9/10
Can we change the title of this thread to "Question about Hont"? I feel that this is an inappropriate title that may lead people to think that Hont is not honest. Mods, please correct this error. Thank you

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Can we change the title of this thread to "Question about Hont"? I feel that this is an inappropriate title that may lead people to think that Hont is not honest. Mods, please correct this error. Thank you
The title of the thread is a question and not an inflammatory and unwarranted statement. You know that TL.
You're killing me, dude.

Bobby2Toes

Banned
10/9/10
The title of the thread is a question and not an inflammatory and unwarranted statement. You know that TL.
You're killing me, dude.

But where do you draw the line of what needs edited, and what does not. Somebody should look at this title and ASSUME that Hont may not be honest, or why would someone have to ask. He is "trusted", is he not?

Fact is, no titles should be edited, including this one....but mods pick and choose what suits them and their interests.

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
My intent was not to make people suspicious of Hont. I just wanted some insight on member's experiences with him in this particular perspective.

To call it an error is a mistake. I intended to ask about his honesty. Quite simple, I think. If we cannot trust him, what's the point of making him a 'trusted dealer'?

I think the watch has reached China but it 'is not in his hands yet'. I'm hoping this ends well...

d-unit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/10

I agree with this...

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
Hey everyone, I got it back today and Hont made everything right with it. Hont is definitely a great guy and an asset to our forum. Thanks so much!