• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How honest is Hont?

Maximos

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/7/10
Hello.

Looking to buy my first rep and have been in contact with several recommended dealers. Hont appears to have the best deal, and claims that it is a gen ETA 2836 unit in the watch. His price is also lower than competitors by a good amount. Perhaps it is a used movement, hence the cheap price? I'm itchy to order but every dealer seems to have his own problem that is preventing me from doing so.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
I have placed a couple of orders with Hont and was impressed each time with his work.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
You are way over analyzing this purchase. How honest can any of the dealers be? He's selling counterfeit goods after all. Hont's as good as any and better than most.

You've got to realize that these guys don't build the watches. They just sell them. If he says its gen Eta it "probably" is. And he may or may not even see the movement.

But if you think your getting a brand new sealed highest quality Eta, forget it. Most are used, reconditioned, culls, seconds, or whatever else is cheap.

If you want a new movement guaranteed you're much more likely to get it in a clone or 21j movement.

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
So, what would you say is the recommended course of action? Asian clone, or 'gen' ETA?

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Yes, there is a problem getting gen ETAs nowadays. They can fake the Swiss movement relatively well now. I've always been happy with my Asian movements. I own a lot. I mean a lot. :)

Mikeldn88

Known Member
2/6/10
what is the watch your actually after?
some say the rolex eta's are not worth the price so go for a asian clone. omega UPO i think a asian clone is OK but i have 2 with swiss eta's.

all depends what your looking for.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
Hont is a great person to deal with ..
Also, why do you think we call him TRUSTED DEALER...

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Save some money, get the clone. Swiss is not made in Switzerland anyway. :)

PecMan

4/5/09
hont is the best i cant really tell u about the movement i mean
i now that u want to hear ... hey y got the swiiss movement and i have for 10 years and i got a clone asian and it died in 5 years so get the swiss!!!!
i never heard that so i dont know , but all of my watches come from hont and he is a man to respect

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Hont is a great guy. Don't spend extra on gen ETA from any rep dealer. Get the clone, which is 99.9% as good as the gen. Later if you love the watch enough you can source a real gen movement and have it installed yourself - then you'll KNOW what you have.

JC7

15/6/10
hont is the best i cant really tell u about the movement i mean
i now that u want to hear ... hey y got the swiiss movement and i have for 10 years and i got a clone asian and it died in 5 years so get the swiss!!!!
i never heard that so i dont know , but all of my watches come from hont and he is a man to respect

The fact that Pecman likes hont actually makes me question his ability. LOL

PecMan

4/5/09
one time he was going to send me a pic of a watch that i was interested in ,,, but he made a mistake and send me a picture of his dick( huge dick btw) i respect a man with a huge one so i buy from him. maybe his girldfriend got the picture of the watch i wanted in her email :)))

JC7

15/6/10
2_useless_without_pictures.jpg

PecMan

4/5/09
i keep that pic only for myself!!!!! get ur own dick pic from another trusted dealer!!

JC7

15/6/10
I was only kidding Pec, heh...

(Which dealer do you suggest? ...are you a trusted?)

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
I'm going for a Rolex Daydate (two-tone with diamond bezel. you have your taste, I have mine ;))

He says the movement is made in Switzerland...

PecMan

4/5/09
I was only kidding Pec, heh...

(Which dealer do you suggest? ...are you a trusted?)

LOL ,,,,,, my boyfriend told me he cant trust me!!!! im a promiscuous bitch so i think im not a trusted one !!
sorry

go for the rolex dont think 2 much and get the ******* watch !!! dont forget to show pictures of ur thing

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
His claimed genuine new Swiss ETA 2836 will run $250 shipped.

I asked him for pricing on the clone model and to confirm that it is a 41mm size. What should the difference be between the two? I'm guessing tomorrow will be the day to order. I will make a new thread when I do place my order to track my status and for review of the piece when it arrives.

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
Rather than making a new thread, I will just use this one. I went ahead and submitted payment for the watch (ended up picking the Asian clone, since I would have gotten one anyway for $40 more). Let's see what happens.