• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hontwatch is awful, will never order again.

DMG35

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
22/1/22
It's a bit of a common pattern to all TDs
After a while, I guess you get used to it.

The first purchase was rough for me too. I am in the middle of the second...Which ironically is taking even longer.

The old timers here all say that's part of the game. We are too used to same day Amazon.

I remember how frustrated I was with my first AliX purchase and now I buy mostly from them rather than Amazon

Same day and 3 weeks without any communication are pretty different animals. This was not my first rodeo here. I've purchased from TrustyTime many times and Andrew always gets back with me within a week. I would have purchased from him this time but he didn't have this particular watch in stock.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
They use to show up when there's something to communicate, they won't just pm you saying, no news.
Sadly not everyone appears to be intelligent enough to understand that. Happens to me all the times when people have genuine parts on order through me at RSC. And that’s *kinda* legal lol

eBoy

🏥🚑 RWI New Members Mental Asylum Warden 🩺⛑️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light
Can we have like an annual vote on who the best 'This TD sucks' thread has and give them a nice award?

81-WNTejg3-NL-AC-UF1000-1000-QL80.jpg

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
So, I now had some time to read a few posts in this thread... And there was an immediate thought that popped up in my head:

I have never EVER experienced a TD "ghosting" me. NOT once have I not received an answer in less than 48 hrs. Usually even faster. Often actually within just minutes.

So all the people who complain about TDs "ghosting" them:

Has the thought to ask yourself why it's only you guys being ignored by TDs ever crossed your mind?

There's an old saying in Germany...

"As one calls into the forest, so it echoes out."

Which means, in a nutshell, people respond in the same manner that you address them.

Instead of coming here to throw tantrums, how about you revaluate your style of communication?

Just a thought... 😏

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
- Never deals with corner dealer and give him 1500$ .... goes only with trusted dealers either in street or only who have polices and services to deals with and totally comply with it.

- you said that trusted dealers here have some services and warranties and that exactly what made me deals with them and i thought they would respect it as i thought they would respect words come from their mouths if they can not respect their own policy they become the same as street corner dealer.

- i didn't put any expectations ... i only want when dealer tells me something and didn't do this to explain why when i ask him no more .... where is the high expectations in this ?? i really don't know.

- and when i receive my 3 watches from my first order i will make a complete detailed review to give the dealer his rights about his good services starting from choosing my watch till ship it to me.

- and as you i am in disastrous full rant mode and want to end this useless speaking in this thread as i know where you put the seller and where you put buyer.
1. How much you give the dealer or the trusted dealer is irrelevant, that was an exemple. You're still giving money to a guy who is running an illegal activity.
2. What they write in their T&C's and what they tell you is two very different things, you can't compare. Even when they write something can take XY it's just an estimate.
3. Wrong expectations. If you knew how this works you would know how to gauge the TDs statements.
4. Thanks, that's the right format. Btw that wasn't directed at you, but at the general public.
5. This is not useless speaking if some new members read and learn what to expect. Your last sentence is another testimony of your wrong perception.
You know, I haven't been in the rep game for a long time but even at my very first purchase I knew exactly what to expect, because I had read a lot and because I have realistic view of what a Chinese dealer in counterfeit goods may have to offer. My expectations were surpassed.

DMG35

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
22/1/22
So, I now had some time to read a few posts in this thread... And there was an immediate thought that popped up in my head:

I have never EVER experienced a TD "ghosting" me. NOT once have I not received an answer in less than 48 hrs. Usually even faster. Often actually within just minutes.

So all the people who complain about TDs "ghosting" them:

Has the thought to ask yourself why it's only you guys being ignored by TDs ever crossed your mind?

There's an old saying in Germany...

"As one calls into the forest, so it echoes out."

Which means, in a nutshell, people respond in the same manner that you address them.

Instead of coming here to throw tantrums, how about you revaluate your style of communication?

Just a thought... 😏

Since you took the time with your stupid award above to call me an idiot, let me just say you have no idea what you are talking about.

That's great that you've never experienced a TD ghosting you. Guess what, I haven't either until I dealt with Hont. I've ordered from other dealers here many times before and have never had one that has taken my money and then refused communication until I requested a refund.

And I understand that these transactions take time. I wasn't the one who told me that he confirmed the watch was available and that if I paid him today that he could get me QC pics in 3-7 days. The moment he received payment he stopped communicating with me.

And if me sending one message to him after he confirmed payment to me to ask if he could confirm that he had my correct shipping address is a rude way to address him, then that's his problem, not mine. I was nothing but polite in my communication to him. And when he says QC in 3-7 days, then refuses to acknowledge me asking if he can confirm my address, that's a problem. Only after 15 days later when I told him I wanted a refund (which I still haven't gotten) did he finally decide to respond. Since then its just been half answers and muddy messages on how to get my money back.

So in your attempts to seem witty and that you have all the answers, let me tell you, you don't. You are the exact type of person who I was speaking about when I said the immaturity level in this forum is sometimes staggering. Your very line of "I've never had a TD ghost me" is the perfect example of it. Because you've never had one ghost you then no one else should have that happen either. And if they are, its their fault, not the dealers. Please, your post is not only beyond ignorant but its deserving of the dumbass award you took the time to post above in an attempt to be funny. Sad, and pathetic.

Reactions: Plus1 and Hamdy18

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Since you took the time with your stupid award above to call me an idiot, let me just say you have no idea what you are talking about.

That's great that you've never experienced a TD ghosting you. Guess what, I haven't either until I dealt with Hont. I've ordered from other dealers here many times before and have never had one that has taken my money and then refused communication until I requested a refund.

And I understand that these transactions take time. I wasn't the one who told me that he confirmed the watch was available and that if I paid him today that he could get me QC pics in 3-7 days. The moment he received payment he stopped communicating with me.

And if me sending one message to him after he confirmed payment to me to ask if he could confirm that he had my correct shipping address is a rude way to address him, then that's his problem, not mine. I was nothing but polite in my communication to him. And when he says QC in 3-7 days, then refuses to acknowledge me asking if he can confirm my address, that's a problem. Only after 15 days later when I told him I wanted a refund (which I still haven't gotten) did he finally decide to respond. Since then its just been half answers and muddy messages on how to get my money back.

So in your attempts to seem witty and that you have all the answers, let me tell you, you don't. You are the exact type of person who I was speaking about when I said the immaturity level in this forum is sometimes staggering. Your very line of "I've never had a TD ghost me" is the perfect example of it. Because you've never had one ghost you then no one else should have that happen either. And if they are, its their fault, not the dealers. Please, your post is not only beyond ignorant but its deserving of the dumbass award you took the time to post above in an attempt to be funny. Sad, and pathetic.

this you?

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
  • Haha
Reactions: Got20Mate

Radirka

Supporter
Certified
17/5/22
Old Continent
The thing is that one post like this outweighs hundreds positive one and it's not fair to TDs. I had a very good experience with Hont - from initial idea to a watch on my wrist on the old continent in less than a month.

Reactions: Soundriver

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The thing is that one post like this outweighs hundreds positive one and it's not fair to TDs. I had a very good experience with Hont - from initial idea to a watch on my wrist on the old continent in less than a month.
I don't think so. To do this business in china, the TD are tough resilient fellows. They will continue to do business, irrespective of an irrelevant nagger on a western forum.

However, the OP's future posts and threads are forever tainted. Also, who would ever buy or sell to OP now that it's plain to see how he handles sales. He should be given an "Obnoxious" badge. 😁

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
I don't think so. To do this business in china, the TD are tough resilient fellows. They will continue to do business, irrespective of an irrelevant nagger on a western forum.

However, the OP's future posts and threads are forever tainted. Also, who would ever buy or sell to OP now that it's plain to see how he handles sales. He should be given an "Obnoxious" badge. 😁

Kind of a smart-ass wise answer for a 2-month noob.

But I can't say that anything in it ain't true. 😂😆😉