• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hontwatch is awful, will never order again.

RepPossessed

100 watches in the uk 🤌🏼
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Man if I could charge £1 for Everytime I responded to an update email I could be a very very rich man.
Let me just give my 2 cents based on my own experience.

The simple fact of matter here is there is nothing to tell you until they get the watch in hand. There is absolutely no point to send and email asking what’s going on.

If they can’t get the watch they would have told you so. If they haven’t said that then just sit tight.

If you have done what most people do and sent multiple emails with the same question take that as a sure sign of why they have gone dark.
If a dealer starts responding to every email it opens the floodgates to dozens of email back and forth, not just to you but to the other dozens possibly 100+ of customers, trust me on that…

Do you think they got the watch and it’s just sitting there forgotten about.. very much doubt it

Do you think they have just gone dark and taken your money.. not likely whatsoever

If you don’t have the patience for this process, buy M2M or use a dealer with stock in hand.
If you have a big concern that you won’t get your goods, we have mods here to assist. But I very highly doubt that is the case…

Last edited:

Blackieray

Flâneur
Supporter
Certified
11/12/21
Near the Atlantic
I've only had trouble with TDs when I didn't slow my roll. I've bought from Hont and numerous others here. Difficulties have arisen when I forget the time difference, or I think I'm their only customer, or I've inhaled too many Amazon fumes. These guys have been doing business with us for a long time. There will be minor prangs. Being chill, and remember the slower it goes the faster it happens, may help.

Stretch242

24/12/14
UK
I think all this publicly bashing a TD is getting a bit much now. It should just stay private. They are TDs and have many happy customers, they are TDs for s reason. Other TDs may see this and be put of dealing with yourself so I think people need to be careful what they put out there for others to read. I hope everything turns out ok in your case and I'm sure it will. Good luck

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Man if I could charge £1 for Everytime I responded to an update email I could be a very very rich man.
Let me just give my 2 cents based on my own experience.

The simple fact of matter here is there is nothing to tell you until they get the watch in hand. There is absolutely no point to send and email asking what’s going on.

If they can’t get the watch they would have told you so. If they haven’t said that then just sit tight.

If you have done what most people do and sent multiple emails with the same question take that as a sure sign of why they have gone dark.
If a dealer starts responding to every email it opens the floodgates to dozens of email back and forth, not just to you but to the other dozens possibly 100+ of customers, trust me on that…

Do you think they got the watch and it’s just sitting there forgotten about.. very much doubt it

Do you think they have just gone dark and taken your money.. not likely whatsoever

If you don’t have the patience for this process, buy M2M or use a dealer with stock in hand.
If you have a big concern that you won’t get your goods, we have mods here to assist. But I very highly doubt that is the case…
This - 100 times over. The expectation to deliver is extraordinary. I understand the frustration but to be in this "game" is an art almost.

As others have said be patient, buy M2M or in stock dealer. Don't commit to a TD and then be upset when the experience is negative.

I've been waiting over 3 weeks for my latest TD purchase after promise of 7-10 day QC. It's just one of those things. It's a counterfeit watch at the end of the day. Am I allowed to complain? Surely not :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Exactly! That's what I continue telling all these guys.
I believe that you and every buyer have the right to have good communication with the seller. Just as the seller has the right to be patient with him and that some things are out of his control, the buyer has the right to understand what is going on in order to obtain some reassurance regarding the amount of money that he paid. We know that we are not dealing with Amazon, but just as the seller has a right, there is also a right for the buyer who is supposed to maintain On it the seller, the seller asked for an amount of money and the buyer sent it and the seller actually received it, so there is a right for the buyer that the seller must realize.
"Rights"? Are you serious? Is this a regulated trade? "The seller asked for an amount of money"? No, you decided to give him money because you want a counterfeit item he is able to source, at some risk for him, and also for you.
If this is too much for you to grasp, then stick with homages. San Martin does good watches, I hear.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
"Rights"? Are you serious? Is this a regulated trade? "The seller asked for an amount of money"? No, you decided to give him money because you want a counterfeit item he is able to source, at some risk for him, and also for you.
If this is too much for you to grasp, then stick with homages. San Martin does good watches, I hear.

I think this is exactly the mental reset that many are not able to make.

and yes, San Martin watches are great. I own one. Easily the level of finish of high end reps.

RepPossessed

100 watches in the uk 🤌🏼
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
I’m sure if you seen dealers inboxes..

They get heaps of emails which don’t go anywhere, getting into conversations, chasing down watches with factories, then most of the people don’t end up buying. Even as a very small time dealer I’ve seen 30 emails in a day.. I’m not kidding.
I reckon the big time dealers would be getting 200+ a day

Things like “do you have a Datejust?” Without any details :ROFLMAO:

And then to think if they had to keep updating people every other day in the progress of their order would just be insane levels of work.
And then what happens when you do keep replying about their order.. they ask another question, another email to answer.

Il reiterate, buy ready stock or just wait. Supply is allover the place lately and factories cannot be pushed to produce their product faster.

martin lawrence GIF

Last edited:

Hamdy18

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/23
Saudi arabia
Exactly! That's what I continue telling all these guys.

Totally respect you and your comment.

I only asks for a respect between both buyer and seller.

Seller responds quickly before he gets money and never misses a question ( that's from my experience ) and tells you a specific time frame.
But when he got money and you ask a question and you got neglected by him what should i think. Really i appreciate that he will bring me something i need and he presenting him self as a trusted person bing these items.
Most of these dealers advertise themselves through their websites or through this forum, and most of them set a policy for how to buy, exchange, return, and so on. Therefore, the purchase process through them is like the purchase of any other product. This is not the first time that we have purchased a replicated product, or they are the only ones who sell these products. I respect all the trusted dealers in this forum, and I thank all people in the forum for giving us the opportunity to know the merchants and even help in solving any problem. But all I ask is more respect for the customer when asking him about something or when inquiring about the reason for the delay, especially when the dealer told him a specific and clear date before. In my situation, I paid $1,560 in order to buy a certain number of watches, and therefore all I want is for the seller to reassure me and explain to me why the delay has occurred so that I do not live every moment in more anxiety and insecurity. All I see is that there is no relationship between buying a replicated product and the seller's failure to respond when asked about the reason for the delay or when there is an urgency to do something after he sent me pictures of quality control and left it to me for days and weeks and he did not respond.

I may have a misunderstanding so i will be glad if you help me has a ckear understanding which may relieves me a little.

Thanks Feefo

Hamdy18

28/6/23
Saudi arabia
Yes i respect him and asked him about the most suitable way to send him money and send him by this way.

Freaky mindset that relate buying replcated product and ignorance and to only thank god that he not scammed you 😅😅😅

Soundriver

Known Member
9/3/23
US
I think all this publicly bashing a TD is getting a bit much now. It should just stay private. They are TDs and have many happy customers, they are TDs for s reason. Other TDs may see this and be put of dealing with yourself so I think people need to be careful what they put out there for others to read. I hope everything turns out ok in your case and I'm sure it will. Good luck
Concur. I have not used Hont, but original post unfairly casts a negative shadow on this TD. When choosing from the large number of TDs available here, I'll remember the gist of this post and will, most likely, pass right on over Hont because of the negative connotation in this post. That's unfair to Hont. But the damage has been done. Sad that the community seems to always be provoked to defend TDs for things that are normal operating procedure and misunderstood by a remarkably large number of people.

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Totally respect you and your comment.

I only asks for a respect between both buyer and seller.

Seller responds quickly before he gets money and never misses a question ( that's from my experience ) and tells you a specific time frame.
But when he got money and you ask a question and you got neglected by him what should i think. Really i appreciate that he will bring me something i need and he presenting him self as a trusted person bing these items.
Most of these dealers advertise themselves through their websites or through this forum, and most of them set a policy for how to buy, exchange, return, and so on. Therefore, the purchase process through them is like the purchase of any other product. This is not the first time that we have purchased a replicated product, or they are the only ones who sell these products. I respect all the trusted dealers in this forum, and I thank all people in the forum for giving us the opportunity to know the merchants and even help in solving any problem. But all I ask is more respect for the customer when asking him about something or when inquiring about the reason for the delay, especially when the dealer told him a specific and clear date before. In my situation, I paid $1,560 in order to buy a certain number of watches, and therefore all I want is for the seller to reassure me and explain to me why the delay has occurred so that I do not live every moment in more anxiety and insecurity. All I see is that there is no relationship between buying a replicated product and the seller's failure to respond when asked about the reason for the delay or when there is an urgency to do something after he sent me pictures of quality control and left it to me for days and weeks and he did not respond.

I may have a misunderstanding so i will be glad if you help me has a ckear understanding which may relieves me a little.

Thanks Feefo
This is the digital version of buying a counterfeit product on the street. Do you think the dealer at the corner of the street respects you? Do you think you have any rights or claim after you give him your money? None whatsoever. You can be lucky he doesn't disappear with your cash. This is what makes them trusted here, they won't disappear with your money, at the end you'll get a watch or your money back. In addition, they provide some level of services and even warranties. You don't get that in the street.
As in your transaction on the street, the success and satisfaction is directly proportional to your realism and street smarts. You know how the game is played, you'll do fine. You don't know, you become a Karen complaining over things that simply do not exist. In the latter case, be sure that next time you go on the street to score, no dealer will want to sell you anything. And worse even, all dealers will raise their prices because of the hassle they have to deal with due to artificially increased expectations from reports like yours.

And now to those rightly complaining about TD bashing, a rhetorical question, have you posted a (positive) review of all your TD transactions? That's the way to balance reviews like this one.

Now, since I'm in full rant mode now, I take advantage to let it all out.
A buyer's review is a review after you received the watch and tell the essential milestones of your experience plus your final level of satisfaction.
A daily diary of your purchasing experience helps nothing, adds nothing, is an uninteresting Format, spare us.

Hamdy18

28/6/23
Saudi arabia
This is the digital version of buying a counterfeit product on the street. Do you think the dealer at the corner of the street respects you? Do you think you have any rights or claim after you give him your money? None whatsoever. You can be lucky he doesn't disappear with your cash. This is what makes them trusted here, they won't disappear with your money, at the end you'll get a watch or your money back. In addition, they provide some level of services and even warranties. You don't get that in the street.
As in your transaction on the street, the success and satisfaction is directly proportional to your realism and street smarts. You know how the game is played, you'll do fine. You don't know, you become a Karen complaining over things that simply do not exist. In the latter case, be sure that next time you go on the street to score, no dealer will want to sell you anything. And worse even, all dealers will raise their prices because of the hassle they have to deal with due to artificially increased expectations from reports like yours.

And now to those rightly complaining about TD bashing, a rhetorical question, have you posted a (positive) review of all your TD transactions? That's the way to balance reviews like this one.

Now, since I'm in full rant mode now, I take advantage to let it all out.
A buyer's review is a review after you received the watch and tell the essential milestones of your experience plus your final level of satisfaction.
A daily diary of your purchasing experience helps nothing, adds nothing, is an uninteresting Format, spare us.
- Never deals with corner dealer and give him 1500$ .... goes only with trusted dealers either in street or only who have polices and services to deals with and totally comply with it.

- you said that trusted dealers here have some services and warranties and that exactly what made me deals with them and i thought they would respect it as i thought they would respect words come from their mouths if they can not respect their own policy they become the same as street corner dealer.

- i didn't put any expectations ... i only want when dealer tells me something and didn't do this to explain why when i ask him no more .... where is the high expectations in this ?? i really don't know.

- and when i receive my 3 watches from my first order i will make a complete detailed review to give the dealer his rights about his good services starting from choosing my watch till ship it to me.

- and as you i am in disastrous full rant mode and want to end this useless speaking in this thread as i know where you put the seller and where you put buyer.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
- Never deals with corner dealer and give him 1500$ .... goes only with trusted dealers either in street or only who have polices and services to deals with and totally comply with it.

- you said that trusted dealers here have some services and warranties and that exactly what made me deals with them and i thought they would respect it as i thought they would respect words come from their mouths if they can not respect their own policy they become the same as street corner dealer.

- i didn't put any expectations ... i only want when dealer tells me something and didn't do this to explain why when i ask him no more .... where is the high expectations in this ?? i really don't know.

- and when i receive my 3 watches from my first order i will make a complete detailed review to give the dealer his rights about his good services starting from choosing my watch till ship it to me.

- and as you i am in disastrous full rant mode and want to end this useless speaking in this thread as i know where you put the seller and where you put buyer.
you should read the title of your post again.
You were wrong to write that. Put a lid on your ego, apologize and this flaming might stop.

Reactions: Toolwatchtool