• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hontwatch is awful, will never order again.

DMG35

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
22/1/22
Ordered 9 days ago. Was super responsive until he got payment and then he went completely dark. No qc pics or anything after telling me I’d have them QC pics in less than 7 days. Called him on WhatsApp and still nothing.

Scan of a dealer and I don’t want to hear “oh he’s busy.” If he’s too busy to take orders then stop taking them. A massive avoid for me moving forward.

DMG35

Supporter
Certified
22/1/22
I finally did get a response from Hont, which was "I said QC pics in 3-7 days and a response in 1-3 days."

That response makes no sense as its been 10 days since he received payment and he hadn't responded in over 5 days on WhatsApp. I'm just not fooling around with rep dealers like this. I've purchased from other dealers before and it was simple and easy. He had a model in stock (so he claimed) that I wanted so I thought I would give him a try. Lesson learned, never again.

I've asked for a refund and I'm sure it will be a week before he responds and another month before he sends the refund.

• Haha
Reactions: RobSe1 and TESLA760

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Frankly speaking, for someone who's been a member here for more than one and a half years your expectations are quite detached from a reality that most members are aware of. Timeframes you are talking about are "business as usual".
Be patient, this isn't Amazon.

DMG35

Supporter
Certified
22/1/22
Frankly speaking, for someone who's been a member here for more than one and a half years your expectations are quite detached from a reality that most members are aware of. Timeframes you are talking about are "business as usual".
Be patient, this isn't Amazon.

Yeah I disagree. He’s super responsive up until he gets payment, then he goes completely dark. And when I ask questions and he says I’ll get QC pics in 3-7 days and that doesn’t happen then that’s a problem. When he says he will respond to messages 1-3 days on whatsapp, and then goes over a week without responding then I think that’s a problem.

I’ve ordered from other rep dealers in the past and the communication Has never been this poor. I’m not asking for the watch pics to show up within a day or two, or even a week. But when he says QC pics will arrive within 7 days and then he just stops responding to your messages when that doesn’t happen I think that’s a problem. If he doesn’t have the watch in stock that’s fine, just say that and we can move on.

Reactions: Deviator

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
If you're not satisfied with the TD's service, just change TD. Poor communication happens, more often than not, especially when the TD isn't able to source the watch in question for whatever reason (and there can be plenty). They use to show up when there's something to communicate, they won't just pm you saying, no news. Only thing you can do is wait, he will get back. I have also read that Hont may give feedback if you give him just a ring, send him a screenshot of your order via WhatsApp.
In any case, I would advise to keep your conversation with him civil without bringing it to the next level, it never helps. On the contrary, a civil conversation record will help in case of the need to use other ways of resolution.
But basically, the timing right now isn't reason to be worried about.

DMG35

Supporter
Certified
22/1/22
If you're not satisfied with the TD's service, just change TD. Poor communication happens, more often than not, especially when the TD isn't able to source the watch in question for whatever reason (and there can be plenty). They use to show up when there's something to communicate, they won't just pm you saying, no news. Only thing you can do is wait, he will get back. I have also read that Hont may give feedback if you give him just a ring, send him a screenshot of your order via WhatsApp.
In any case, I would advise to keep your conversation with him civil without bringing it to the next level, it never helps. On the contrary, a civil conversation record will help in case of the need to use other ways of resolution.
But basically, the timing right now isn't reason to be worried about.

Thank you, I appreciate your replies. I have tried to keep it civil. My main issue is that he was very responsive up until he got payment, then he went completely silent. He said the model watch I wanted was available and that he could get it to me in 10-14 days in the US, with qc pictures in 3-7 days. I have purchased from other dealers before and know it takes time, that is not my issue. My issue is why say these things when they aren’t true and then just choose not to respond to people?

I have also done the things above that you mentioned in calling him on whatsapp as well as sending him screen shots. The first time I called him and he did get back with me and said that payment was recieved and that QC pics would be in 3-7 days. That was 14 days ago and he never sent anything since nor has he responded to anything. He has now responded since I asked for a refund in asking for my bank account information but it’s a shame that it took me asking for a refund for him to even respond to me.

I get that these situations take time. I get that watches aren’t availbable all the time. The reason I purchased from him was becuase he said he had the watch available, that the QC pictures would be in no later than 7 days, and that the watch would be shipped out within 14 days. None of that was true. I would have been fine buying elsewhere or even waiting longer. But telling people these things just to get their money and then going completely unresponsive to me is not a good way to run a business at least in my opinion. I’ve dealt with Andrew at TrustyTime at least a half dozen times and he’s always gotten back to me within at least 5 days. 10 days to me is a ridiculous amount of time to respond to a message. Again, I know he’s had a lot of good feedback here but for me this has been a bad all around experience. I highly doubt I ever get a refund so lesson learned on my end not to do business with him again.

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

Plus1

Horology Curious
3/9/22
Interesting, i have ordered from Hont aswell and currently waiting 4-5weeks for QC pics. Im being patient but i do agree that if it is 3-7 days for QC then it shouldnt be out past 2 weeks.....

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I stay by my first statement, your expectations do not reflect reality nor the knowledge shared by experienced members here and widely available from reviews and in general. It seems to me you can't help putting your usual online-shopping kind of expectations into the rep purchasing experience, but we're talking about two very different things. This is an illegal business, TDs go over a lot of risks to provide their services, have to stay put once in a while to not attract attention, have to cope with constant police raids, have to work through a backlog of orders with limited manpower. Btw, June is meanwhile widely recognised as police raid season, ad sure as the monsoons.
All that considered, you must put some contingency on your expectations, regardless of what the TD told you about timelines. He's a salesman, salesmen have been caught fibbing on these kind of things before...
Heaps of things can happen apart from the already mentioned, oftentimes it's the factories f*@#ing up orders, sometimes TDs have to return watches because of bigger flaws, he won't bother to tell you, to inform you of any possible mishap, he's got stuff to do.

And finally, face it, you're probably not the TDs top customer, you would follow the most lucrative leads as well in his position.

I'll repeat myself, if you're not happy with this TD, you're free to change. But the same can happen with the others, too.

DMG35

Supporter
Certified
22/1/22
I stay by my first statement, your expectations do not reflect reality nor the knowledge shared by experienced members here and widely available from reviews and in general. It seems to me you can't help putting your usual online-shopping kind of expectations into the rep purchasing experience, but we're talking about two very different things. This is an illegal business, TDs go over a lot of risks to provide their services, have to stay put once in a while to not attract attention, have to cope with constant police raids, have to work through a backlog of orders with limited manpower. Btw, June is meanwhile widely recognised as police raid season, ad sure as the monsoons.
All that considered, you must put some contingency on your expectations, regardless of what the TD told you about timelines. He's a salesman, salesmen have been caught fibbing on these kind of things before...
Heaps of things can happen apart from the already mentioned, oftentimes it's the factories f*@#ing up orders, sometimes TDs have to return watches because of bigger flaws, he won't bother to tell you, to inform you of any possible mishap, he's got stuff to do.

And finally, face it, you're probably not the TDs top customer, you would follow the most lucrative leads as well in his position.

I'll repeat myself, if you're not happy with this TD, you're free to change. But the same can happen with the others, too.

Thank you for the actual intelligent comment here. The immaturity in this forum is pretty horrific but I do appreciate your thoughtful comments.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Ordered 9 days ago. Was super responsive until he got payment and then he went completely dark. No qc pics or anything after telling me I’d have them QC pics in less than 7 days. Called him on WhatsApp and still nothing.

Scan of a dealer and I don’t want to hear “oh he’s busy.” If he’s too busy to take orders then stop taking them. A massive avoid for me moving forward.
As said its not Amazon so do not expect the same shopping experience. The TD can only source the watch based on best information from the factory and that can change significantly so stop throwing your toys out of the pram and just be grateful when you get QC

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
If a TD doesn't have office stock, any QC estimate is just an estimate. It's out of their hands. Hont as any TD is just a middle man, he wants to close the sale with you just as fast as you want to. He's not sitting on a watch just to spite you.

A TD orders a watch from the factory and if the factory is having issues with police, is between batches, is missing some parts, things take more time.

Just chill, Hont is very reliable, he's not trying to scam you.

DMG35

Supporter
Certified
22/1/22
If a TD doesn't have office stock, any QC estimate is just an estimate. It's out of their hands. Hont as any TD is just a middle man, he wants to close the sale with you just as fast as you want to. He's not sitting on a watch just to spite you.

A TD orders a watch from the factory and if the factory is having issues with police, is between batches, is missing some parts, things take more time.

Just chill, Hont is very reliable, he's not trying to scam you.

I understand that. I wouldn’t have cared if QC would have taken 2 months. My issue is that he chose to stop responding after getting paid. All he had to do was respond once in 3 weeks and say “QC will take longer.” Instead he got paid and went dark. That was why I wasn’t happy with it.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I understand that. I wouldn’t have cared if QC would have taken 2 months. My issue is that he chose to stop responding after getting paid. All he had to do was respond once in 3 weeks and say “QC will take longer.” Instead he got paid and went dark. That was why I wasn’t happy with it.
It's a bit of a common pattern to all TDs
After a while, I guess you get used to it.

The first purchase was rough for me too. I am in the middle of the second...Which ironically is taking even longer.

The old timers here all say that's part of the game. We are too used to same day Amazon.

I remember how frustrated I was with my first AliX purchase and now I buy mostly from them rather than Amazon

Hamdy18

28/6/23
Saudi arabia
I believe that you and every buyer have the right to have good communication with the seller. Just as the seller has the right to be patient with him and that some things are out of his control, the buyer has the right to understand what is going on in order to obtain some reassurance regarding the amount of money that he paid. We know that we are not dealing with Amazon, but just as the seller has a right, there is also a right for the buyer who is supposed to maintain On it the seller, the seller asked for an amount of money and the buyer sent it and the seller actually received it, so there is a right for the buyer that the seller must realize.

Hamdy18

28/6/23
Saudi arabia
I believe that you and every buyer have the right to have good communication with the seller. Just as the seller has the right to be patient with him and that some things are out of his control, the buyer has the right to understand what is going on in order to obtain some reassurance regarding the amount of money that he paid. We know that we are not dealing with Amazon, but just as the seller has a right, there is also a right for the buyer who is supposed to maintain On it the seller, the seller asked for an amount of money and the buyer sent it and the seller actually received it, so there is a right for the buyer that the seller must realize.