• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hont watch non responsive after payment 1/23/24

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I do not know what your problem is with the full day by day diary, it seems to amuse you very much that some people choose to make post for every status update on their transaction in a section of the forum that is exactly meant for this purpose.

I myself do it and I do it because as I new member it was very valuable information as to how long I should expect each step to take.

Are you worried about the forum reaching a maximum amount of post?

This has nothing to do with the OP who is definitely sounding the panic button too soon but as much as new members can be difficult to work with, not all long time members are great either.
Quite frankly it's because the way new members use it is almost as a threat to TDs, "hey look, you better make my order right cause I have a thread active and ill post every little grievance on the forum if you don't give me the perfect service", where as eBoy stated it should be as a review after you complete your order.

Tommygunzzzz

Sorry who are?
Supporter
Certified
16/12/21
Australia
Quite frankly it's because the way new members use it is almost as a threat to TDs, "hey look, you better make my order right cause I have a thread active and ill post every little grievance on the forum if you don't give me the perfect service", where as eBoy stated it should be as a review after you complete your order.
25/01/2024 - 12:41PM - Liked Reaps' comment

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
I do not know what your problem is with the full day by day diary, it seems to amuse you very much that some people choose to make post for every status update on their transaction in a section of the forum that is exactly meant for this purpose.

I myself do it and I do it because as I new member it was very valuable information as to how long I should expect each step to take.

Are you worried about the forum reaching a maximum amount of post?

This has nothing to do with the OP who is definitely sounding the panic button too soon but as much as new members can be difficult to work with, not all long time members are great either.
it has been 23 mins and you have not posted.
Report to staff, police and navy seals ready

TheFlyingFoodie

Horology Curious
1/1/24
Really?

Show me where it says that the exact purpose is to post minute-by-minute diaries of not yet completed transactions and not a succinct review after you received the watch (hint: that's the actual purpose, and it literally says so...).
The purpose of minute by minute for a new member is that I know what delays I should be expecting right now.

If I look at the transaction that happened a month ago then the only data I have is from a month ago and not today.

I find it useful, it does not benefit me in any way to post that information but I did benefit from them as a new member who read a lot of the posts on the forum to get a feel of what I was getting into.

My point is that as much as you may not agree I did benefit from it and I will likely continue to do it because for long time member this information is useless anyway since they probably bought 50 watches already. They know the drill and they can just skip over this information altogether.

I am doing it because there is literally nothing bad that can come out of this. You’re either interested and will appreciate prompt up to date updates or completely don’t care and just skip over this information.

As for the review of such watches that have been received. Yeah, it would be great to get more feedback and more reviews but there’s only a small portion of people who are going to do it.
On the other hand I also think that some people also need more time to do it.

So far I have received my first watch, I do plan on doing a review but I also have a life with many responsibilities like many of us and doing a good and proper review takes some time. You have to put time and effort and do it well and I do not think you should expect reviews to come so quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

TheFlyingFoodie

Horology Curious
1/1/24
Then I think you should get a private and exclusive watchmaker, chef, chauffeur, grocery store, etc etc etc if you want to be handfed daily.

You're expecting to expect AD quality and service but you are buying fake watches from CHINA. Obviously you've never done business with a chinese before and I'm not about to tell you how the world works outside of whichever bloody state you live in.

LIke I told OP. Perhaps you should just go to Thailand and buy these things in person, hell you both can go together.
I did not say that… I think you should read the post again. I am saying there is nothing wrong with members posting about the update at every step of their transaction instead of 1 post a month or two later when you receive the watch.

I do appreciate the point you are trying to make, it’s a great attempt at sharing your opinion, if only it wasn’t completely off subject. Do you recommend a specific location in Thailand I should visit? If OP does not want to go with me, you seem like a great guy maybe you want to come with me?
Keep me updated!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You joined a month ago and you're going to explain the methods of communicating information to members ? The sections are for reviews of your transaction. Try to follow along.

To be a valuable and informative member, you only need one post

[bold] Ibought ..... watch from..... TD
Paid on .....
QC on .......
Watch shipped on ......
Received in hand on.....
Here are some pics[bold]

See how easy that was ? A post was made that provides all the pertinent items for others to learn. You're not spamming the forum with nonsense. There's nothing valuable about logging on and being met with a deluge of hour by hour updates. It common sense. The real reason people do it is because they want attention. They also have some wild idea that somehow the TD will see it and be forced to speed up the transaction.

Hope you learned something today.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
You signed up to RWI January 23 2024 at 8:11 PM and you first post was a panic complaint January 23 2024 at 8:19 PM

so you are freaking out after 8 minutes of him not answering you ?

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I did not say that… I think you should read the post again. I am saying there is nothing wrong with members posting about the update at every step of their transaction instead of 1 post a month or two later when you receive the watch.

I do appreciate the point you are trying to make, it’s a great attempt at sharing your opinion, if only it wasn’t completely off subject. Do you recommend a specific location in Thailand I should visit? If OP does not want to go with me, you seem like a great guy maybe you want to come with me?
Keep me updated!
Believe it or not I know what I read. You see I speak better English than 90% of Native American speakers.

Come with you? You can’t even afford an entry level gen, you can’t afford my hourly worth, mate.

Ask @TESLA760 , seems like you got the hots for him. He may even buy you a ladyboy

• Haha

TheFlyingFoodie

Horology Curious
1/1/24
I can understand your point but are the TDs complaining? The problem seems to be the members, their expectations and the fact that they are misinformed and impatient not so much the daily update from what I can read.

Again, I am doing status update for, Order placed, payment, QC and shipping but i don’t care if it takes 2 months. I send 1 mp to the TD at the very beginning to see if the watch is still available to buy and this is the only message they get from me. I just want the information to be visible for any new member who wants to deal with this specific TD.

Like I said for long time members it’s useless but I just feel there’s a lot of hate for something of such insignificance because it’s so easily avoidable if you’re not interested in such info. I do agree that if it’s done in order to put pressure on TDs then it needs to be handled quickly and be dealt with the member and give them proper warnings.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
The purpose of minute by minute for a new member is that I know what delays I should be expecting right now.

If I look at the transaction that happened a month ago then the only data I have is from a month ago and not today.

I find it useful, it does not benefit me in any way to post that information but I did benefit from them as a new member who read a lot of the posts on the forum to get a feel of what I was getting into.

My point is that as much as you may not agree I did benefit from it and I will likely continue to do it because for long time member this information is useless anyway since they probably bought 50 watches already. They know the drill and they can just skip over this information altogether.

I am doing it because there is literally nothing bad that can come out of this. You’re either interested and will appreciate prompt up to date updates or completely don’t care and just skip over this information.

As for the review of such watches that have been received. Yeah, it would be great to get more feedback and more reviews but there’s only a small portion of people who are going to do it.
On the other hand I also think that some people also need more time to do it.

So far I have received my first watch, I do plan on doing a review but I also have a life with many responsibilities like many of us and doing a good and proper review takes some time. You have to put time and effort and do it well and I do not think you should expect reviews to come so quickly.
Did anyone read this entire thang?

I know I didn’t after reading just a sentence.

TheFlyingFoodie

Horology Curious
1/1/24
Believe it or not I know what I read. You see I speak better English than 90% of Native American speakers.

Come with you? You can’t even afford an entry level gen, you can’t afford my hourly worth, mate.

Ask @TESLA760 , seems like you got the hots for him. He may even

You joined a month ago and you're going to explain the methods of communicating information to members ? The sections are for reviews of your transaction. Try to follow along.

Paid on .....
QC on .......
Watch shipped on ......
Received in hand on.....
Here are some pics[bold]

See how easy that was ? A post was made that provides all the pertinent items for others to learn. You're not spamming the forum with nonsense. There's nothing valuable about logging on and being met with a deluge of hour by hour updates. It common sense. The real reason people do it is because they want attention. They also have some wild idea that somehow the TD will see it and be forced to speed up the transaction.

Hope you learned something today.
I am not explaining anything.
I just don’t agree that you can fit everyone in the same basket. I do not need attention, I do not want to put pressure on TDs because I would lose it dealing with a bunch of people with different expectations like they do.

I did not learn anything but thank you for asking and unless I am told to stop doing multiple posts on my own thread for 3-4 status update then I’ll continue on because I do see a benefit in it. Feel free to not look at any of them and everything will be fine.

I think at this point everything was said.

• Haha

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I am not explaining anything.
I just don’t agree that you can fit everyone in the same basket. I do not need attention, I do not want to put pressure on TDs because I would lose it dealing with a bunch of people with different expectations like they do.

I did not learn anything but thank you for asking and unless I am told to stop doing multiple posts on my own thread for 3-4 status update then I’ll continue on because I do see a benefit in it. Feel free to not look at any of them and everything will be fine.

I think at this point everything was said.
Know it all who's been here less than a month. Carry on in your ignorance

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

Paid on .....
QC on .......
Watch shipped on ......
Received in hand on.....
Here are some pics[bold]
Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
a section of the forum that is exactly meant for this purpose.
"Review" noun:
- A customer review is an evaluation of a product or service made by someone who has purchased and used, or had experience with, a product or service.
- an act or the process of reviewing
- to look back on : take a retrospective view of
- From Middle English revewe, reveue, from Old French reveüe, revue (Modern French: revue), feminine form of reveü, past participle of reveoir (French: revoir), from Latin revideō, from re- +videō (“see, observe”) (English: video). Equivalent to re- +‎ view. Compare retrospect. Doublet of revue.

Pardon my pedantry but this ^^^^ is the meaning/purpose of a "review". You analyse in retrospect what happened, you go through the single steps and the process as a whole and express your opinion on that, what went well, what not so well, what in your view could be better.

A day by day diary is not a review. Most readers will leave the thread after noticing it's a day by day.

Regarding your point:

It's a moot point. Too many variables play into the processing of an order that rarely one process will align with the next. Watch model, Factory production, batch issue, family situation of the TD, shipping agents, to name a few. Moreover, this bears a risk of creating unreasonable expectations "if member X is reporting this and this right now, then it should work for me also if I order now".

Predictability in this industry is low. The point of a review section is to give the overall idea of purchaser's experiences so that other members can have an overall idea of what to expect. The wider the pool of experiences over time, the better the idea. Concentrating on a discrete time span will not have the same effect, on the contrary it is statistically the wrong thing to do.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
25/01/2024 - 5:28AM CST - began reading thread

25/01/2024 - 5:31AM CST - began realizing I was wasting my time reading thread, but dutifully continued anyway

25/01/2024 - 5:35AM CST - realized I forgot to post my minute by minute accounting in separate posts so I consolidated to one review post after completion of reading this thread. My review is still pending as I am awaiting the outcome. I will continue to post updates in a passive aggressive manner....