• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone purchased a Carrera Calibre 1886 Recently?

D

d4m.test

I'm looking at getting the bracelet one as it's going to be more of a Dress watch rather than an everyday one. So it's used much less

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Hilarious and gobsmacking at the same time. It was like aladins cave...

Low form? I'm willing to bet good money that the majority of people who buy watches from TD's here are passing them off as gen's to others when wearing them, if not, then why buy one in the first place? Especially $408+

At least I'm open about adding a rep to my collection I hope it's good enough to pass off as a gen rather than stumping an additional $2-3k on top of the price.

Sent from the RWI App

There have been threads on the subject many times... and the consensus is no, the majority dont try to pass off as gen. because people don't feel cool about lying to people that they know.

Even wearing my frankens i couldn't tell someone its genuine if they asked me even thought everything on the outside of the watch is genuine. lol just wouldn't sit well at all.. honesty is everything.
And I have met people who try to pass of reps as gens and just think they're an ass and if you were to get caught out doing so how would you feel.

But if you want to live a lie that's your business.. come back to me after being asked a few times and see how you feel about it then.
good luck on your watch hunt, they look good all the same.

D

d4m.test

There have been threads on the subject many times... and the consensus is no, the majority dont try to pass off as gen. because people don't feel cool about lying to people that they know.

Even wearing my frankens i couldn't tell someone its genuine if they asked me. just wouldn't sit well at all.. And I have met people who try to pass of reps as gens and just think theyre an ass and if you were to get caught out doing so how would you feel.

But if you want to live a lie that's your business.. good luck on your watch hunt, they look good all the same.

I think the general consensus wouldn't openly admit they'd try to pass it off as a gen to others. I have some gens which I wear every so often, adding this to my collection I doubt I'd even be asked the question "Is it real". It's not as though I'm going to be literally asked if it's real whenever it's noticed as I've personally only come across 1 person I know owning a Tag and it didn't even cross my mind to ask him that question, frankly I don't think I'll ever be asked it, if I was, I'd just say I bought it online from a guy and avoid the gen/rep question. I agree 100% with you, I wouldn't feel comfortable lying to people I know, but I'm also not comfortable announcing it's a rep as it's not something common where I'm from, maybe when you was younger it was common, but for me, a "Rep watch" isn't heard of unless you come back from abroad with a stupidly obvious one like a $40,000 rolex, which is blatantly obvious, a $2-3000 wouldn't raise suspicion to question over it's legitimacy..

But all in all, I wont be saying it's a gen and agree with you about lying and saying it's a gen, I'll be avoiding the answer and simply say I bought it online from someone which is came with box and papers, that I'm comfortable with personally

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Hi Max3223,

i buyed the TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 Racing Chronograph V6F from Puretime, the Watch from your 2nd link and held it for about 3 Months. So this is the Version you get when order this watch now.

Here are a few pictures from my Sales Thread where i sold it 2 months ago to another member here.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...7-racing-chronograph-v6f.385807/#post-3566750

The Racing Chrono has Lume on Hour and Minute Hands - like gen, nothing more, nothing less.

Difference to gen is the Subdial at 9. But that didn´t bother me to much. Oh and the allingment of the Numbers on the Dial is often an issue with this watch.

I liked this watch.

D

d4m.test

Hi Max3223,

i buyed the TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 Racing Chronograph V6F from Puretime, the Watch from your 2nd link and held it for about 3 Months. So this is the Version you get when order this watch now.

Here are a few pictures from my Sales Thread where i sold it 2 months ago to another member here.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...7-racing-chronograph-v6f.385807/#post-3566750

The Racing Chrono has Lume on Hour and Minute Hands - like gen, nothing more, nothing less.

Difference to gen is the Subdial at 9. But that didn´t bother me to much. Oh and the allingment of the Numbers on the Dial is often an issue with this watch.

I liked this watch.
Thanks for the feedback! Good to hear you liked the watch! I'm still debating over the racing model and the silver one.

Sent from the RWI App

shawn123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/17
One thing good about the silver is that if it gets scratched, you can simply just have it buffed out :)

besnik

27/11/16
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a Carrera Calibre 1886 (Either racing or SS)

Has anyone purchased one recently or at all that can post some pics? I'm currently looking at Puretime as a TD but it's always best to check with the community first!

The ones I'm looking at on Puretime's website where added in July and August 2015, so I'm not sure if there are more updated rep's released etc that I may not be aware of, though the ones I'm looking at on Puretime's website are the more expensive $400 ones opposed to the $140 models.

Any replies are a huge help! Thanks :)

(The 2 i'm currently looking at are; https://puretime03.com/watch-brands...-bezel-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-cal1887.html
https://puretime03.com/watch-brands...lack-dial-on-black-leather-strap-cal1887.html)
i have gen caliber 16 and bought my 1886 from intime looks so mint only flaw in mine the red hand doesnt stop exactly on 12 the rest us flawless

Sent from the RWI App

Nettpurken

Known Member
20/1/17
I've recently seen some dealers listing new 2015 release tag carerra 1887 from V6F claiming the movement is an Asian clone Calibre 1887, did they really clone it?

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
I've recently seen some dealers listing new 2015 release tag carerra 1887 from V6F claiming the movement is an Asian clone Calibre 1887, did they really clone it?

yes its a 7750 made up to cool like a gen calibre, but the rep has some blue screws and the gen doesnt

Muzza80

Horology Curious
18/9/16
That's hilarious about the Turkey reps.. been there a couple of times myself. They do talk some absolute garbage.

Pretty poor form that you want to lie to people though dude..

But what's the point of buying a box to try and convince others people it's genuine not like your gonna carry it around, and nobody leaves their watch box on display for all to see they usually go in a wardrobe or loft never to be seen again

But a nice watch winder or a good quality box actually worth paying £50/60 for

Yup, you can get some really nice display boxes for £50ish, wouldn't waste money on some fake boxset, they look awful compared to genuine and it's not like anyone is going to see it.

I just got this a few weeks ago, lovely, £50!

View attachment 102010

crackend

Known Member
21/9/16
Yup, you can get some really nice display boxes for £50ish, wouldn't waste money on some fake boxset, they look awful compared to genuine and it's not like anyone is going to see it.

I just got this a few weeks ago, lovely, £50!

View attachment 102010

Where do you bought that?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk