• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Group Buy for Rolex Fans, TT/FULL Gold GMTc or SSD clone?

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Ok,, narrowing down a decision on the next group buy.
I think it's time to pay attention to our Rolex Collectors. Here are my thoughts... I like sticking with the clone movements as they are really good deals for the money and ,, chances are... you are getting clones anyway when you wanted the real ETA one..

So here are the choices..

The GMT Ultimate 50th Anniversary that the cartel says "ceramic coated bezel" is simply an acrylic sandwich bezel... nothing more.. I confirmed this today.
These were recently released and are the same models that I am quoting below.

Rolex GMT 50th Anniversary "ULTIMATE" Two Tone or Full Gold Version with the so called "ceramic coated sandwich bezel" (we know better)
Movement: Clone ETA 2836 with modified GMT hand adjustment
Crystal: Sapphire
Case: the so called Oversize New Version 1:1 that has 5mil 18K plating.
Bracelet: New Rolesor Oysterlock Bracelet , TT plated at 5mil 18K YG.
Dial: Black (for the TT version) or Green (only in the full gold case/bracelet model).

PRICE: $210 PLUS SHIPPING ($25)

OR>>>

Rolex Super Sea-Dweller 1:1 Ultimate Edition
Movememnt: Clone ETA 2836-2 ****NOT THE LITE VERSION THAT IS BEING SOLD WITH 2813****
Crystal: Sapphire
Case: 316L , thick crown, etc...
Bracelet: 316L , Model Number and Z Serial Numbers between the Lugs.
Working HE Valve

PRICE: $165 PLUS SHIPPING ($25)

If you wanted pictures... I'm sure you can find them if you look hard enough.

Which one do you guys think is the best to do at the moment?

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
SSD V2, for certain!

I'm in if that's the way you go...

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
My honest opinion:

The SD has sold already a lot. Why not try a group buy on one of the super reps?

The demand for the TT GMT II is not high. On none of the forums appeared a pic of the rep. TT Submariner demand is similar low.

If your choice is based on these 2 modells - go for the SD 100% IMHO.

TA8088

SCAMMER
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
INMATE
28/10/07
The V2 SSD would get my vote as well. In fact I'd probably pick one up and swap the movements between my current one and get some mods done to it. I think alot of members would skip the TT GMT and wait until the wrapped version comes out.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
piratedzeus said:
The demand for the TT GMT II is not high. On none of the forums appeared a pic of the rep.

Demand for the TT Ceramic GMT-II is unknown IMO, cause it´s not even talked as "released" ....I thought it was in the works yet, as I haven´t seen the Ceramic in full gold or TT at any dealer yet.
as D4M said it´s possible to find pics of it already, I´m gonna search and see if any of the dealers here carry these around, I´m curious to see the quality of these "ultimate" GMT-s in TT or FG.

SSD v2 is indeed a nice choice, and - if I wasn´t kinda blocked from buying watches now - I would get both of them.

Cheers,
Spirit.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Spirit said:
piratedzeus said:
The demand for the TT GMT II is not high. On none of the forums appeared a pic of the rep.

Demand for the TT Ceramic GMT-II is unknown IMO, cause it´s not even talked as "released" ....I thought it was in the works yet, as I haven´t seen the Ceramic in full gold or TT at any dealer yet.
as D4M said it´s possible to find pics of it already, I´m gonna search and see if any of the dealers here carry these around, I´m curious to see the quality of these "ultimate" GMT-s in TT or FG.

SSD v2 is indeed a nice choice, and - if I wasn´t kinda blocked from buying watches now - I would get both of them.

Cheers,
Spirit.
Added at Andrews website
Tuesday 28 October, 2008

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
piratedzeus said:
Added at Andrews website
Tuesday 28 October, 2008

Thanks mate! Just found it now at Puretime...
I was kind of away from dealers sites, and as I haven´t seen any talk about the release of them, didn´t know about it. But they´re still 'fresh' as I can see...28th October...little more than a week then.

Looks good in TT, and I love the green 50th dial of the FG... the "true ceramic" SS is there too, but the rehaut engraving is wrong yet.

Cheers,
Spirit.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I'd like the GMT Ceramic Stainless for a group buy. I am in this time around on anything offered! What happened to the Milgras green crystal buy?

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08
How about both! But If I could only vote for one it would have to be the SSD. I love big watches!

suaram

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/07
United States
Count me in if it's the SSD V2 have you seen that bracelet!!! I think the Sub is a little overexposed and SSD is really a nice piece.
Let me know what, when and where, an I'll be there. :D

replicanut

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/08
I'd vote for the SSD v2 too,... been looking at this for quite a while,...
I'd jump in with 2 feet.

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
I would do the SSD. In fact, I might even be in on this.

I was just looking at the TT GMT, which I really like, but they're back to NOT gold coating the sides of the middle end-link. WTF!?! :roll:

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i think the sea dweller would be good if it indeed is the super duper version. it will be after the first of the year before i can buy anything or i would defiantly be in on one of those. :)

buckeye

11/4/06
definately the TT GMT....but my real preference would be the "deep sea"

JeffSD

Horology Curious
20/3/06
I vote for the SSD.

Will it have the brushed band? What about blue lume?

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
Are we talking about the SSD="Super Sea Dweller" or the Deep Sea Dweller?

SSD to me means the 40mm Sea Dweller that's been around for quite a while.

If it was the new Deep Sea w/correct bracelet and blue lume, I'd go for that. Otherwise, I'd be in for the FG GMT-II C.