• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greetings Refugees.

omegex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/14
That's just taking me back when I was a kid, does anybody remember that soap you used to get in the joke shop? I used to love it because I used to go to boarding school and when the new lot used to come in i used to swop the soaps over he!he!

Good times :bleh:

You're giving your age away there mate and yes I remember those joke soaps as well.

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
Man I gotta go bleach my eyes. T&A from @Raddave in one morning is about all I can take.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Man I gotta go bleach my eyes. T&A from @Raddave in one morning is about all I can take.
What colour are you going to bleach them to? Really vintage or just slightly aged?

onzenuub

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
19/11/07
What colour are you going to bleach them to? Really vintage or just slightly aged?
Can one have his ass bleached here as wel? Very careful you now, Picklebeetroot wil be keep on using it.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Can one have his ass bleached here as wel? Very careful you now, Picklebeetroot wil be keep on using it.
Stu has been asking for that for a long time. I never understood what he was on about, but he really wanted it done. He said it would match this watch he picked up or something. Do you have any idea what he is talking about?

upload_2017-4-22_17-45-3.jpeg

onzenuub

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
19/11/07
Stu has been asking for that for a long time. I never understood what he was on about, but he really wanted it done. He said it would match this watch he picked up or something. Do you have any idea what he is talking about?

View attachment 5356
That watch is sill in his bleached ass, it was brought in by SSteel.

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Okay. Server status upgraded from fucked to proper fucked.

Dunno how long it's going to be, guys - and even once the hardware is up, I don't yet know whether we'll be able to recover system state - although we're running a RAID setup, there's the possibility that I may have to rebuild the system from backups (and the last one of those appears to have failed as it was running when the machine died).

More info when I have it.

GenTLe

Known Member
18/6/14
Okay. Server status upgraded from fucked to proper fucked.

Thanks for the upgrade Greg.
May I ask what's the reason they're not running over a VmWare cluster (or similar setup) with the VMs hosted on a separate storage? Is it because of the budget? I mean... Since when we moved to that solution in 2008 (and I'm speaking of around 250 former physical servers), apart the HUGE reduction of power&cooling consumption and space used (and time lost in cabling), I completely stopped to worry about server HW failures. The storages (IBM DS5000 at the beginning) were strong enough to support failures of every single component (all was redounded) and even if a server went TFU, the other was automatically resuming the VMs and the downtime was like 2mins in total (especially with recent versions of DBs which are strong enough to carry on after a hot shutdown).
This is why it seems so "old" and problem generating the solution with physical servers.

Remo

21/8/11
Yep, do tell or we shall start a guns in USA thread. :lol:

I'm ready, lets go!

open-carry-tx.jpg

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
.... and we're back up!

NB: no data loss. Turned out to be a bad network interface.