• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greetings, getting ready to pull trigger on my first Rep

turbojesse

Horology Curious
30/6/13
Well I sold that one years ago and don't know if I have any photos of it. It was a GMT Master 1980. They only made this one for a few years according to the jeweler I sold it to which is why it was worth so much after 25 years.

Will definitely post on this one when I get it.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Welcome_from_the_Whole_Gang-2.gif~original

turbojesse

Horology Curious
30/6/13
It's here! Sent WU to Puretime on the 16th, received the watch today the 24th. Not bad at all. So far I've just unpacked it and checked it out, set the time. Everything seems to be working as you would expect. The 24 hour hand tracks the hour and is independently set. Date rotates into place and seems to centered. Weight and feel are pretty much as I remembered from my Gen. Photos to follow.

turbojesse

Horology Curious
30/6/13
Well it's water proof. I just went swimming in the pool and cleaned the pool not even aware that I had it on until I got out. No leaks that I can see. It's keeping very good time.

Did I mention that I'm extremely pleased with Puretime? :)

D

d4m.test

Well it's water proof. I just went swimming in the pool and cleaned the pool not even aware that I had it on until I got out. No leaks that I can see. It's keeping very good time.

Did I mention that I'm extremely pleased with Puretime? :)

lol yikes! Water may have gotten into the watch and you won't notice until much later. If you are paranoid at all, you may want to unscrew and pull out the crown and put your watch in a container with some DampRid or something similar. Or, just wait until your watch shows some signs of moisture like fog in the crystal.

There's a 90% chance you're fine though. Most of the reps I've gotten have been waterproof tested straight from the factory and passed, especially the ones with the screw down crown.

turbojesse

Horology Curious
30/6/13
Thanks, I'm not too worried. I'm taking it in to my watch maker next week and he's goign to give it the once over and test the water resistance.

Puretime did the test before shipping and if that's as good as everyt hing else they've done then I have little worry.

GetSomeMoney

10/7/13
Thanks, I'm not too worried. I'm taking it in to my watch maker next week and he's goign to give it the once over and test the water resistance.

Puretime did the test before shipping and if that's as good as everyt hing else they've done then I have little worry.

Any wrist shots?, curious to see what it looks like

turbojesse

Horology Curious
30/6/13
I posted them in Buyer Reviews under Puretime Buyer Reviews - GMT Master II with my handle Turbojesse.

For some reason I can't put a link to the thread and don't have time to investigate why.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator